Official Sherdog Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drh, BRf,rnc, what do you think of 1983 as the cutoff for two eras?

I'm not sure which would be best. I guess the only concern I have with going across the board is people not having very many votes due to people picking from such a large pool. Then again I doubt many people will pick the more obscure ones(ie non US and pre Vinnie Mac). Across the board would probably be simpler.

I had suggested in the other thread, maybe everyone nominating 3. With 18 voters, that would make 54 to choose from with no doubles allowed. We should post nominations on here so everyone can see who has been nominated. After that you can compile a total list to post and we can send pm votes as you described. If we pm nominations, there will probably be a shit load of doubles. But I'm open to whatever. I've already been thinking about my nominees.

If we do no doubles allowed then who gets to pick first???? I was thinking with 18 voters and five picks the pool of wrestlers would be large enough that we can vote ten different guys in. If we allow no doubles then the later picks might just be throw ins. I did base it on what you wrote in the last thread. I also will go along with what you guys want.

Drh, BRf,rnc, what do you think of 1983 as the cutoff for two eras?

That sounds good. That is about the time I started watching so anybody before that is greek to me, as far as seeing them work. I know a lot of names from before then, but I have not seen many matches.

I think it would be simpler to go across the board. Like BRF pointed out, I doubt many people will be picking the obscure and older ones anyway.

If we do no doubles allowed then who gets to pick first???? I was thinking with 18 voters and five picks the pool of wrestlers would be large enough that we can vote ten different guys in. If we allow no doubles then the later picks might just be throw ins. I did base it on what you wrote in the last thread. I also will go along with what you guys want.

Yeah 54 total may lead to some throw-ins, I was just concerned with the pm nominations giving so many doubles (Ric Flair, Hogan, Dusty, Funk, etc.) I figured these were names that would be on most lists, and I didn't want to end up with too few to choose from either.

Edit: When I said no doubles, I was talking about nominations in case there is any confusion. As far as who goes first for nominating, we could do it by the year you started watching. Obviously somebody younger like RNC is not going to have the same names as somebody who was watching in the 70s and 80s. And some of you fuckers are wrestling encyclopedias so you can fill in the gaps with quality names that were overlooked to avoid throw ins.

Do the posthumous inductions have to have the 15 years in the business?

I don't think so. being dead should be worth something. :D I just want to weed out the flash in the pans.

Yeah 54 total may lead to some throw-ins, I was just concerned with the pm nominations giving so many doubles (Ric Flair, Hogan, Dusty, Funk, etc.) I figured these were names that would be on most lists, and I didn't want to end up with too few to choose from either.

We can go ten each. I don't mind compiling the list.

How a bout we go across the board and each guy nominates ten ?

That sounds fine.

cool, BRF any objections/ input?

Nope. That will work. So are you including everyone that gets nominated then? This could backfire. If there aren't many doubles, we could be picking from 100 names.:icon_chee

and mike, nicole bass and Chyna arent allowed to be nomines!

anybody have any objections to that?

Nope. That will work. So are you including everyone that gets nominated then? This could backfire. If there aren't many doubles, we could be picking from 100 names.:icon_chee[/
Limit to top 50 nominees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back