• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Official Sherdawg Presidential debate round 1 PbP

Who won the debate

• I plan to vote Biden, and think Biden won

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Trump won

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Trump won

Votes: 38 22.9%
  • I plan to vote Biden, and think Trump won

Votes: 23 13.9%

• Total voters
Thing is, how would that even work? When you think about all the concessions the Dems would have to make to even entertain that idea, it seems impossible and even foolish. They would look like complete fucking incompetent morons. It kills me when I see pundits suggest it, like it's just so easy. Like a new guy would just jump in there and pump their numbers up, like the people would just accept a complete wildcard at the 11th hour from a disorganized and desperate party. All that campaigning, all that "Joe is the greatest ever" talk, all out the window. And who is next in line if it's not Harris, whom I'm pretty sure they don't want on the ticket either? Just imagine if you had donated to Biiden's campaign, and all of a sudden they're telling you that he's no good.

It's just simply too late for such a move. They made their bed. They've got to lay in it now, and pray it works out.
Definitely agree its a 180. They knew all the things we all knew and were just protecting their position. Trump was already looking the favorite and now this. I truly dont think they know what is the right play but if they want to win in december they will need to make an attempt at change likely. I think a new team at the 11th hour as you say would be difficult and likely prove too difficult from here to November. Gavin Newsome would not work imo. His state has too many issues. They also give licenses to illegals etc. His previous work will hurt him. I really dont see a clear option at the moment. Guess we will see. If @cottagecheesefan post is correct then the party seems to be making a hard push to get him to step down from the nomination. If Biden is really going to camp david to figure out what he will do is telling.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say no democrat. Trump is pretty polarizing which is why biden was successful in 2020. But interesting how the leaks are now coming out. It seems like the party is in a panic and we will see what they come up with. They are stuck with a Kamala predicament at the moment. How can they remove them both without issue. I dont think they can. It will be an interesting next few months.

I don’t see any democrat getting over 80 million votes, which Trump certainly will. I don't think he is as polarizing as people who follow politics, even casually follow, think he is. At this point (with the economy being shit, border open, multiple conflicts we are throwing money at, rampant crime), people don't want something new and unknown, they want something they know and feel secure with. Trump is that for regular people who don't give a rats ass about politics.

Plus the mainstream democrat platform at the moment is utter garbage.

Thing is, how would that even work? When you think about all the concessions the Dems would have to make to even entertain that idea, it seems impossible and even foolish. They would look like complete fucking incompetent morons. It kills me when I see pundits suggest it, like it's just so easy. Like a new guy would just jump in there and pump their numbers up, like the people would just accept a complete wildcard at the 11th hour from a disorganized and desperate party. All that campaigning, all that "Joe is the greatest ever" talk, all out the window. And who is next in line if it's not Harris, whom I'm pretty sure they don't want on the ticket either? Just imagine if you had donated to Biiden's campaign, and all of a sudden they're telling you that he's no good.

It's just simply too late for such a move. They made their bed. They've got to lay in it now, and pray it works out.

This tweet I saw Ackman comment on sums up the situation perfectly. That for them to remove Biden and then bypass Harris basically means that the democrat establishment simply installed two incapable people and lied about it to the American people since the lead up to the 2020 election. And if Biden is not fit to run, he is not fit to serve, and if they did the 25th, they would be stuck with Harris still.

Seems to also reflect this axios article where the "Biden oligarchy" doesn't believe Harris can win and it would be hard to ditch her. They believe Biden has a better chance than her. I had posted another Axios article about Biden and the debate fallout, I guess they had a sit down with Biden's team.

Articles like this are funny, and I saw Bill Maher say the same thing. All Trump did was LIE!!! But then the article doesn't have a single example provided by Goldman of an actual lie Trump said lol.

Bill Maher says people who don't have the time or effort to follow politics first hand, they turn to Maher for news. Maher says Trump destroyed Biden, but just simply lied, not citing any. Both literally saying Trump is great at being fast on his feet, yet same people will say he is senile and unfit lol.

Also Chris Mathews is wrong, becsuse while Biden said Medicare, Trump said Medicaid, which illegals do get, and those funds affect those on SSI and Medicare as they compete for the same, dwindling government resources, hospitals, doctors, etc.

Articles like this are funny, and I saw Bill Maher say the same thing. All Trump did was LIE!!! But then the article doesn't have a single example provided by Goldman of an actual lie Trump said lol.
They're mad because the moderators actually did their job, and didn't help Biden out. Their only job is to keep the candidates on time and ask them questions. Silencing the mics did the rest for them. The fact checking is supposed to be done by their opponent in the response phase.

They're basically upset because the debate wasn't rigged as a 3-1 handicap match against Trump, like they're used to.

I had kinda glossed over this gem because it was so shocking that Biden pivoted a question about abortion, his best topic, to the border, one of his worst topics. I guess creepy Joe thinks people are getting pregnant being raped by their sisters.

Tim Dillon the other day was going off on that "It's just ridiculous" part right after the debate.

"I love how he calls young girls being raped by brothers and sisters 'ridiculous'....I mean many things are ridiculous...like LA traffic is ridiculous, but this? You could have chosen a more fitting word"

Gotta say, I did catch one thing that Trump said that I'm surprised hasn't made the rounds(although I guess it's a little hard to overshadow Joe's performance).

On Roe v Wade getting overturned:

"Everyone agreed with it. Even the Founding Fathers agree with it. Well, they would if they knew about it, which of course they didn't..."

<lmao>

They're mad because the moderators actually did their job, and didn't help Biden out. Their only job is to keep the candidates on time and ask them questions. Silencing the mics did the rest for them. The fact checking is supposed to be done by their opponent in the response phase.

They're basically upset because the debate wasn't rigged as a 3-1 handicap match against Trump, like they're used to.

You’re in a different country right? Dunno if you know meet the press, but it is one of the, if not biggest Sunday morning news shows

This is their opening this morning, there is no coming back. Too many have jumped the shark. They probably thought Biden would be OK at least, and Trump would self-implode. They could just focus on Trump and mask how shitty Biden is. Opposite happened, and they do NOT want to show Trump because he talked clearly, with a message the resonates with normal people. So they have to focus on Biden, to show hide how good Trump was.

"The only reason people think Trump won was because Biden couldn't fact check him! We can bring in anyone else, who will be able to fact check him in real time, and they beat Trump in a landslide!!" Uhh yea, NO

Gotta say, I did catch one thing that Trump said that I'm surprised hasn't made the rounds(although I guess it's a little hard to overshadow Joe's performance).

On Roe v Wade getting overturned:

"Everyone agreed with it. Even the Founding Fathers agree with it. Well, they would if they knew about it, which of course they didn't..."

<lmao>

He is too funny. It is also true. They would bigly not support it. Perhaps not support it more than anything else, the greatest of not supporting something.

How many other times has Biden shuffled or fell? He has special shows for goodness sakes! This is embarrassing!

lol, I think he was indicating it is worse that it is just one step, not better.
Yep
My mistake I just woke up
Wipe those sleeping outta yer eyes and get posting! Lol
the_rock_wwf_champion_by_wwematchcard_ddp1vzg-fullview.png

the people's president.
Hah hah!!

"President Macho Co(equal branches of government)macho"

Just imagine having a mirror-obsessed lowbrow juicehead running the executive branch. Reasonable people would think about moving out

None of those apply to me, yet you lump me in with them to avoid addressing what I said. Again, this goes back to your credibility.
Again, I have no interest in credibility with lunatics (and I think in your case, it's more partisanship than CTism that motivates you).

I had kinda glossed over this gem because it was so shocking that Biden pivoted a question about abortion, his best topic, to the border, one of his worst topics. I guess creepy Joe thinks people are getting pregnant being raped by their sisters.

I don't know for certain, only because I'm not familiar with the incident to which he's referring. But it sounds like Biden was saying that Trump used the funeral as an occasion to insinuate that the girl was murdered by an immigrant when she wasn't.

Pelosi said some crazy shit today which basically amounted to "We are stuck with him and he usually isn't this brain challenged".

The truth is, even if he had a better day mentally, CNN came at him with real issues that he has no answer for. That is a challenge the incumbent always faces....you had 4 years, what is the excuse for the border crisis, inflation, economy etc. Trump just had to sit back and let him implode, which he did magnificently. He lied, lost his cool, resorted to tabloid stuff. This wasn't just his dementia. He was bad top to bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mehmet Pasha
Back