• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Official Sherdawg Presidential debate round 1 PbP

Who won the debate

• I plan to vote Biden, and think Biden won

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Biden won

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Biden won

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I plan to vote Trump, and think Trump won

Votes: 91 54.8%
  • I’m (honestly) undecided, and think Trump won

Votes: 38 22.9%
  • I plan to vote Biden, and think Trump won

Votes: 23 13.9%

• Total voters
I hate how Trump wouldn’t answer some pretty basic questions regarding fentanyl and childcare.

Biden looked and sounded like a very very old human who should be enjoying his twilight years. I cannot believe the Democrats thought him running again was a good idea.

There’s no way you could’ve watched that debate and think that Joe Biden can run the United States for another four years.

At his age he'll be lucky to be alive come November.

Very sad state of affairs. The people allowing/encouraging Joe to be doing what he's doing should be ashamed. Let the man put his feet up and relax in retirement. Same goes for those making memes about the elderly. That goes both ways too, attacking Donald or Joe.

The truth is the debate was over when Biden walked out. He looked like a robot looking for his footing. He lost his train of thought early on and looked like he was really struggling. When no words came out after several long seconds, he just closed his eyes and put his head down defeated. They cut to Trump. The second KO came when Biden did a typical nonsense sentence and said something about killing Medicaid. Trump took that and ran with it--"I am not sure what he said there, and don't think he knows what he said either".....All the Dems worst fears were now on public record in front of the world. Biden is too old and suffering from way more than just age.

The muting of the Mics helped Trump stay calm and on course. The no audience favored him as well. And CNN in the throes of bias ratings issues were fair to the point that Biden had no answers for the real issues. Trump pounced on that. Game over.

They didn't attack when he was president.

They don’t understand that sanctions on Iran kept them poor and unable to fund their proxies like Hamas. Sanctions on nordstream 2 kept Russia poorer. Biden lifted both sanctions almost immediately, and both started making tens of billions, if not more.

It is a clear logic to follow. But doing so would show Trump isn’t just a rambling lunatic, and actually understands these issues. These people will never be able to admit that lol

So what are the general opinions on smart strategy for the Dems? Replace Biden or just hope Trump has a major controversy before the election?

I was just thinking, can you imagine how badly Vivek would've slaughtered those clowns on TV last night?
He would've bodybagged both Trump and Biden within the first 10 minutes.

Vivek's lips would've been permanently glued to Trumps ass.

Someone like Haley would've been much better as GOP candidate

So what are the general opinions on smart strategy for the Dems? Replace Biden or just hope Trump has a major controversy before the election?

Biden should have never been an option to begin with.. seeing as how they flubbed that, I am doubting they will make the right choice here.. but, to me, it has to be a different candidate.

I think hope Trump has a controversy and/or wait out a Trump presidency, hope he has a rough presidency and try again in 4 years.

Will be funny that the party that is suppose to protect democracy, will push out the person who won their primary, while not allowing any challengers, only to install someone without a vote.

I just don’t see a politician who feels they have a future want to go against Trump now, as he has all the momentum going his way.

So...? How are we all feeling this morning? Everyone alright? We healing up?

Contrary to the current... well, current, I don't think Biden did bad. His voice was hoarse. I guess at a glance that could be perceived as weak, but if he was practicing all week for this debate it would make sense.

There were two moments where he looked pretty bad and Trump jumped on those moments. But Trump failed in not pouncing on the absolute softballs lobbed at him. The Roe V Wade thing was a home run floated to him and he blew it.

Inflation was a huge talking point opportunity. I don't even care about ignoring questions to go back and address something from before, but the problem is the dude has such a fragile ego he just can't let anything go and use his time to WIN.

And...coming down the aisle, at a total combined age of 159 years, former potus, current potus, the unified tag team champions of the world....Biden...Trump...Team USA!!

14 minutes later...they make it into the ring.

How are you americans voting for guys who could very well be wearing diapers now or a few years from now? Is there really no one else below great gandfather age who can run the nation?

Biden should have never been an option to begin with.. seeing as how they flubbed that, I am doubting they will make the right choice here.. but, to me, it has to be a different candidate.

I don't follow closely, but it seems like they should've laid the ground work for Newsome about a year ago, instead of doubling down on Biden. Anyone the Dems put up now will likely get jobbed out.

How about Rowe V Wade?

So misleading / damaging to insinuate that the previous abortion policy was leading to the widespread murder of babies at 9 months..

only 1 percent of abortions in the United States take place any later than 21 weeks, or half-way through the fifth month of pregnancy — any that do have to be signed off by a doctor based on fetal abnormality or danger to mothers' life.

Trump making that shit up and using it as political weapon is beyond fucked up, truly disturbing.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Biden just as much.

Did Trump say widespread 9 month abortions?

No he said, overturning roe gave power back to the states and to the voters. He said he disagreed with the fact that some states allow the mother to kill her baby all the way through the 9th month.

The ex? governor of Virginia or north Virginia on video stating he would be comfortable with that.

In several states, 3rd trimester abortions are available. Babies are viable after 21-22 weeks.

There's no reason to kill a baby in the 3rd trimester. Period.

Also, if we are talking about being misleading on abortion, dems have literally been lying for years.

96+ percent of abortions are abortions of convenience. 3% of abortions are a result of rape/incest or to save the mothers life.

So to pretend like abortion is any sort of health care is ridiculous. Abortion ends an innocent human life. 100% of the time.

Also to funny to see the “independents” have to come face to face with the fact that Trump is not senile. Sure he didn’t answer the biased questions directly, and instead pivoted to discuss his presidency and/or current platform. They have a minute or two, not like he can go into specific details, etc.

But to say he was rambling, etc is wrong and just them avoiding coming to terms with they also believed the hoaxes and fake news about Trump, maybe not the extent of the left libtards, but damn.
I’ve always thought Trump to be more “out of his mind” than “lost his mind”.

I don’t think he’s more unhinged than he ever has been. It’s just who he is.

Biden would win even now. If you replace Biden, you'll lose. Everyone in the United States knows that you're not even voting for the guy, you're voting for your team. That's why the Dems don't care about Joe having dementia, and Reps don't care about Trump being a liar. Because it doesn't matter-- you vote for your team.

The average voter is dumb- put in a new guy and he's not going to be received well. Honestly the best thing they could do is keep Joe and replace Harris because I don't think Biden will live another four years.

Back