No Spoilers Official Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Discussion

So apparently the update made the game slightly easier? I heard enemies like blazing bull do less damage/posture damage.
Blazing bull has too much health at NG+2, its so boring just poking his hind legs.

Blazing bull has too much health at NG+2, its so boring just poking his hind legs.
That was one of the fights I wasn’t feeling anyways, not that I found it difficult, it was just boring having to chase his ass around. At least now that he has less health and does less damage I can try out the matador strategy.

That was one of the fights I wasn’t feeling anyways, not that I found it difficult, it was just boring having to chase his ass around. At least now that he has less health and does less damage I can try out the matador strategy.
Its the fire buildup, you can deflect him, then he does two whips of his head and you could deal massive posture and vit damage, but you'll get burned.

Its the fire buildup, you can deflect him, then he does two whips of his head and you could deal massive posture and vit damage, but you'll get burned.
Yup, tried that initially but I just didn’t have the health if I end up messing up. The deflections were off for me, mostly because I’m used to deflecting regular sized enemies with sword and shit, so the timing never really worked out.

They suck so bad I forgot about them.

I also think Sekiro was only the hardest from game because of the health pool they give you, and the limited estus flasks, whilst having the minibosses do insane damage, more than some bosses. Thats artificial difficulty where I am from.
I just accept it for what it is. You can have 8 flasks and 3 pellets by Genichiro which I think is fair. The core game mechanic negates damage entirely so if you burn through all your heals that means you played poorly. I’d say the mini boss I’ve gotten grown to dislike most on my second playthrough is the dude in the hole before Abandoned Dungeon. The arena is so small, I’ve gotten completely destroyed without ever seeing what hit me due to camera fuckery. Camera issues are a big pet peeve of mine and one of my chief complaints about Bloodborne.

I just accept it for what it is. You can have 8 flasks and 3 pellets by Genichiro which I think is fair. The core game mechanic negates damage entirely so if you burn through all your heals that means you played poorly. I’d say the mini boss I’ve gotten grown to dislike most on my second playthrough is the dude in the hole before Abandoned Dungeon. The arena is so small, I’ve gotten completely destroyed without ever seeing what hit me due to camera fuckery. Camera issues are a big pet peeve of mine and one of my chief complaints about Bloodborne.

The only thing that makes him hard is the area you have to fight him in. When you fight him again it's so much easier it's not even funny.

I haven’t been able to play since Saturday. Made it to the Castle and started the memory.

I’m usually pretty consistent with perfect parries on centipedes. I’d imagine one slip up though and your posture is going to get fucked.
The centipede turned out to be no problem but Genichiro's bow spam is. I can't imagine Owl and late game bosses.

The centipede turned out to be no problem but Genichiro's bow spam is. I can't imagine Owl and late game bosses.
I played a little today, made it through Harota no problem. Just got murked by Drunkard fighting adds.

Don’t think I’ll get the opportunity today but I’m heading up to Geni next. Thankfully I won’t have to deal with Owl on this play through. Monk scares me though as I don’t use cheese on her.

I played a little today, made it through Harota no problem. Just got murked by Drunkard fighting adds.

Don’t think I’ll get the opportunity today but I’m heading up to Geni next. Thankfully I won’t have to deal with Owl on this play through. Monk scares me though as I don’t use cheese on her.
Pretty sure the cheese got nerfed. She gets hits off between fistfuls of ash now.

I don’t even mean the speed run strat. Just spamming firecrackers and seeds.
She becomes immune after 3 snaps I thought, and I always run out of firecrackers and fall back on ash to finish. I use the old strat.

She becomes immune after 3 snaps I thought, and I always run out of firecrackers and fall back on ash to finish. I use the old strat.

You can also do a hit\run strat on her as well. The spear is so slow that it's simple to do.

Shura!

Not sure, never used them like that.

I feel if I’m cheesing a boss just to progress then I’m not going to learn anything. I use almost no prosthetics. The most I use is the shuriken for Butterfly.

I feel if I’m cheesing a boss just to progress then I’m not going to learn anything. I use almost no prosthetics. The most I use is the shuriken for Butterfly.
Same here. I only use firecrackers for headless ape but I'd like to find another strat for those two.

I have yet to try the shuriken on LB. Is it really that OP?

Back