PlayStation Official Rise of the Ronin Discussion

Preloaded it. Very excited to play this although I’m going to be playing this alongside FF Rebirth. What have I done to myself lol. Then I have stellar blade in April. I usually don’t juggle games but I’m finding rebirth WAY longer than I expected

Yea I can't do two games at once unless it's an MP game like Overwatch or Hell Divers. I'm near the end of Rebirth but still have a lot of side stuff to do. Not sure if I'm going to do all the side quest or not.

Yea I can't do two games at once unless it's an MP game like Overwatch or Hell Divers. I'm near the end of Rebirth but still have a lot of side stuff to do. Not sure if I'm going to do all the side quest or not.
That’s normally how I am but I fucked up my ordering so many games this close together. Just can’t help myself I guess. I also underestimated how huge rebirth is. Thankfully there are massive gaps in between the story events and the side stuff so I can just hop in other games while doing side quests and then focus on rebirth exclusively when it gets to the important stuff.

Looks like we made a good choice, I'm referring to the ones debating between this and Dragon's Dogma 2. Say what you will about the graphics but one of these games runs well and doesn't have microtransactions.

Does this have RPG elements like lvling up and talent points, changing gear/weapons, etc.?

Ok I got about 10 hours in . Got absolutely destroyed playing normal mode , almost dropped to easy but stuck it out.

There is no denying the ps3 /ps4 graphics are no good.
The combat makes up for it though ! So many freaking weapons and armor also. Parry timing is a little sloppy though.

Epic Historical Japan stuff going on and if you know history it will be even more enjoyable.

There is also some partner co op battle system which is cool.

Overall I would tell Anyone to definitely wait for a sale . It is disappointing to get these type of graphics compared to ghost of Tsushima. At times feels like I’m playing an undeveloped version of it

lol iooks like I’m the only one who shelled out the 70 bucks for this. No regrets at all. Actually I’m enjoying it more than spiderman2 recently played.

I finally just finished chapter 1 and there are 2 more huge maps to go. So many provinces I’ve visited already .

Went for 100% map completion for first part and it doesn’t feel like a chore ! You actually get rewarded for everything not just a check mark,

The combat /parry /ki charge stuff is complicated and you can not button mash. We’re talking straight up duels that you have to parry counter, roll dodge perfectly or else you will get sliced up
One of the coolest parts of combat is you can change your weapon during an attack by pressing R1 at the right time. Also pressing R1 right after an attack wipes blood off your weapon and you regain some Ki.

lol iooks like I’m the only one who shelled out the 70 bucks for this. No regrets at all. Actually I’m enjoying it more than spiderman2 recently played.

I finally just finished chapter 1 and there are 2 more huge maps to go. So many provinces I’ve visited already .

Went for 100% map completion for first part and it doesn’t feel like a chore ! You actually get rewarded for everything not just a check mark,

The combat /parry /ki charge stuff is complicated and you can not button mash. We’re talking straight up duels that you have to parry counter, roll dodge perfectly or else you will get sliced up
One of the coolest parts of combat is you can change your weapon during an attack by pressing R1 at the right time. Also pressing R1 right after an attack wipes blood off your weapon and you regain some Ki.
Sounds a bit like Nioh 2, which I did not like.

I do like these kinds of games though, so maybe I will wait for a sale.

Sounds a bit like Nioh 2, which I did not like.

I do like these kinds of games though, so maybe I will wait for a sale.
This is my first team ninja game. Feels like ghost of Tsushima , assassins creed , Elden ring all combined somehow.

If you’re a fan of Japanese culture/villages samurai shit it makes it epic.

Overall definitely would get it in a sale. Lots of hours to put in. Not easy at all though and if someone sucks at parry timing it’s not going to be pretty you may even die training a buddy in the dojo with a wooden Katana.

Looks like we made a good choice, I'm referring to the ones debating between this and Dragon's Dogma 2. Say what you will about the graphics but one of these games runs well and doesn't have microtransactions.

I'm seeing pretty underwhelming reviews for this, Dragons Dogma is a fantastic game on console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back