No Spoilers Official Resident Evil Village Discussion

Wow, this game looks amazing. I'm playing pretty much everything maxed at 1440p (no RT). I guess you guys know already from the demo, but damn. It runs great, and plays just as smoothly. First hour and a bit has me impressed!

I love how it goes from modern home with modern gadgets to Bloodborne the FPS. That castle is calling!

View attachment 852845
I cant wait to play this later. I got pretty much the best GPU available so Im hoping to run it Max wit RT. Does this have the FOV setting unlike in the demo?

I cant wait to play this later. I got pretty much the best GPU available so Im hoping to run it Max wit RT. Does this have the FOV setting unlike in the demo?
I went into the settings and also did a quick search, no FOV slider. Someone made a quick mod already though. I didn't even notice it, and I'm normally really sensitive about close FOV's like this. I'll give it a try when I play again later tn.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7915...ix-for-resident-evil-village-on-pc/index.html

I'm glad I went into the settings again. For some reason I didn't have HDR enabled, even though I thought I did. It actually looks good in this, at least it isn't washed out or making things look flat.

I went into the settings and also did a quick search, no FOV slider. Someone made a quick mod already though. I didn't even notice it, and I'm normally really sensitive about close FOV's like this. I'll give it a try when I play again later tn.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7915...ix-for-resident-evil-village-on-pc/index.html

I'm glad I went into the settings again. For some reason I didn't have HDR enabled, even though I thought I did. It actually looks good in this, at least it isn't washed out or making things look flat.
HDR looks terrible on windows, my PS5 looks great in hdr though. Thanks so much for checking, ill download that mod aswell. Cheers.

@GtehMVP

You might want to download this mod. The FOV setting honestly is transformative, and my queasiness with the default FOV is gone. It just looks so much better. My settings are both 100 for the aim and normal camera.

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentevilvillage/mods/18?tab=description

Hell this even has a mod fix for the Skip cutcscene prompt that keeps popping up thats a little distracting.

I played maybe 30-45 mins, just exploring and checking things out. Got to
Got to the first RE4 like area, similar to the beginning of RE4/5 where you survive the Plagas
but Im getting whooped. Ill play some more later.

@GtehMVP

You might want to download this mod. The FOV setting honestly is transformative, and my queasiness with the default FOV is gone. It just looks so much better. My settings are both 100 for the aim and normal camera.

Hell this even has a mod fix for the Skip cutcscene prompt that keeps popping up thats a little distracting.

Got to the first RE4 like area, similar to the beginning of RE4/5 where you survive the Plagas

lol fucking PC community already has a mod out for this game.

@GtehMVP

Nice, I'll def check it out. After checking those settings I played another half hour or so and the FOV started to really bother me once I got to a certain area.

That skip cutscene prompt is really annoying too, will be glad to get rid of it!

I'm really digging the story for Ethan
What the hell Redfield!
and whatever the fuck is going on in the Village lol, some intriguing characters! Capcom in fine form here!
lol fucking PC community already has a mod out for this game.

This is why I like games with a known engine, bound to be some quality of life mods immediately.

Nice, I'll def check it out. After checking those settings I played another half hour or so and the FOV started to really bother me once I got to a certain area.

That skip cutscene prompt is really annoying too, will be glad to get rid of it!

I'm really digging the story for Ethan
What the hell Redfield!
and whatever the fuck is going on in the Village lol, some intriguing characters! Capcom in fine form here!

This is why I like games with a known engine, bound to be some quality of life mods immediately.
The only thing I miss is the 3D audio from the PS5, otherwise this PC version is just too good to be beat.

Absolutely beautiful game. Crazy start to the story as well. I only managed to play half an hour but hardcore has lived up to its name thus far.

When you get attacked by like 5 lycans in the house with the shotgun is running away the best option? I couldn’t take ‘em all down with my current supplies, but maybe killing more than one with the exploding barrel nearby is necessary

Absolutely beautiful game. Crazy start to the story as well. I only managed to play half an hour but hardcore has lived up to its name thus far.

When you get attacked by like 5 lycans in the house with the shotgun is running away the best option? I couldn’t take ‘em all down with my current supplies, but maybe killing more than one with the exploding barrel nearby is necessary
Thats where I took a timeout for the day lol.

Back to back 1 on 1 lycan fights, and then they toss a billion lycans at you wtf, defo more RE5-ish than RE4

Fuck that part was intense!

I played a little bit longer. I am now at the end of the village demo.

Fuck that part was intense!

I played a little bit longer. I am now at the end of the village demo.
I did that part pretty much 4 times, its a hell of a welcome, youre just scrambling but after the encounter, its pretty doable and they give you enough to deal with the problem on normal. On hardcore, its insane.

As for guys using the FOV mod, make sure to turn off the vignette, and reduce the FOV for aiming. Its perfect after I calibrated the colours a little bit. Gorgeous game.

Only got through one section of the game so far but I’m loving it.

Currently making my way through Dimitrescu Castle. Im enjoying the game more than I thought I would, but I still miss the third person camera from earlier games.

The Duke has a nice RE4 easter egg.

EDIT: Just beat the first boss of the game. Im not sure how you guys are doing on harder difficulties, but I had a tough time with it playing on standard. This game is hard to put down, imo. I haven't quite put my finger on why yet. I didn't like 7, 6 was awful, and 5 was an absolute cheese fest but fun at the same time. Despite my feelings on the franchise's previous games...I'm having difficulty putting my controller down with this one.

Last edited:
Loving the twisted fairy tale story that’s still very much Resident Evil. Playing on Series X and it plays/looks great.

Just got the 4 wing key and looks like there’s still a whole lot of story ahead. Probably gonna play it all day til the fights tonight haha.

Currently making my way through Dimitrescu Castle. Im enjoying the game more than I thought I would, but I still miss the third person camera from earlier games.

The Duke has a nice RE4 easter egg.

EDIT: Just beat the first boss of the game. Im not sure how you guys are doing on harder difficulties, but I had a tough time with it playing on standard. This game is hard to put down, imo. I haven't quite put my finger on why yet. I didn't like 7, 6 was awful, and 5 was an absolute cheese fest but fun at the same time. Despite my feelings on the franchise's previous games...I'm having difficulty putting my controller down with this one.
I started on the Hard difficulty like I do for most games, but after I fought the very first enemy of the game I restarted it on normal. Gives me another reason to play through again though.

I’m pretty sure every RE game I’ll played though normal than re-ran on hard. Why did you not like 7? I really enjoyed that one. A few months ago I went back and played every game in the series except 6 (which I actually kinda like). Been on this nostalgia kick where I’ve been playing through old series I liked as a youngin’.

Ok, avoiding this thread now. Keep ya spoilers in a spoiler, the game hasnt even been out for a day wtf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back