No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

Took your advice and used cinematic mode
Arthur rode the oil wagon all the way across the map to the sant Louis town which was a quarter of he map too far and then wagon got stuck between two trees and my horse was too far away to cal. Also fun fact you can’t fast rravelnif your horse is too far away. So I guess I buy a horse to ride across the map to get my horse and then sell that horse. Jesus. Maybe I need to sit through a tutorial or something as this is fucking stupid
If I’m not mistaken you can go to a stable and have your horse returned to you. You’re starting to sound like me in the old Dark Souls threads.

Arthur rode the oil wagon all the way across the map to the sant Louis town which was a quarter of he map too far and then wagon got stuck between two trees and my horse was too far away to cal. Also fun fact you can’t fast rravelnif your horse is too far away. So I guess I buy a horse to ride across the map to get my horse and then sell that horse. Jesus. Maybe I need to sit through a tutorial or something as this is fucking stupid
Don’t do it during missions ffs lmao

Origins is probably better than Odyssey which is horrendously big.

Play some AC Odyssey and enjoy the clippity clop. All the fucking country is hills and rocks and forest, no variety unlike AC.
At least with AC Odyssey if you make it point to sync the fast travel points everywhere you go, it makes it a lot easier as time goes on.

Wow, you really suck at this game. How do you make it through life without a helmet?

Just saw this on gamefaqs.

Game - oh, you want to open the drawer?
Arthur - NO!!! I dont want to search the drawer!! I want to S L E E P ! !
Game - Well you will have to turn slightly to the right...
Game - oopsey daisy, you turned too far, you will have to turn slightly to the left...
Game - oopsey daisy, you turned too far.
Arthur TURNS BACK
Game - oh, you want to open to sit?
Arthur- no, I want to sleep
Arthur TURNS BACK THE OTHER WAY!!!!
Arthur TURNS BACK THE OTHER WAY!!!!
Game - oh, you want to leave?
Game - Well you will have to turn slightly to the left...
Arthur - TURNS BACK AGAIN!!!
Game - oh, you want to sit?

Arthur thinks to him self- WHAT/WHO/HOW CAN I SHOOT RIGHT NOW??!! CUZ I WANNA KILL SOMETHING, and then sleep.

Wow, you really suck at this game. How do you make it through life without a helmet?

Lol. It’s a typical Rockstar story/fun extras layout. Not challenging at all, I really don’t understand how someone could have trouble.

Lol. It’s a typical Rockstar story/fun extras layout. Not challenging at all, I really don’t understand how someone could have trouble.
I’m infamous for being shit at games and this basically plays itself. I didn’t rage quit once.

Using the cinematic view as an auto pilot made the game so much better for me. You can browse most menus (start menu and the map), only the matchmaking menu and satchel will exit cinematic view.

Set waypoint ~ line up horse ~ hold run ~ then hold change view (wait for it to change to cinematic view) ~ go to start menu.

If your lined up correctly it should auto pilot all the way up to where your waypoint ends. I've had some funny fails doing this but the trade off for travel time is well worth it.

My biggest regret while playing single player was pushing through the story too fast. In hindsight I feel this is the cause for so many people growing frustrated with the length of travel without an on the fly fast travel. Most can't resist keeping the story going without many breaks in between.

This game is meant to be played slowly. I think most are just too impatient to go the pace Rockstar intended us to.

I realized that had I taken my time I'd have spent a lot more time at each camp location and would have had more time to explore the surrounding areas which in turn would have made completing challenges and finding dinosaur bones, rock carvings, treasures and such much less of a drain.

The way I played my first play through made all the events feel like they took place in a matter of months. I want my second playthrough to feel like the story plays out over a few years.

That said I freakin LOVE this game. Story mode was everything I had hoped for in the sequel and then some.

My biggest regret while playing single player was pushing through the story too fast. In hindsight I feel this is the cause for so many people growing frustrated with the length of travel without an on the fly fast travel. Most can't resist keeping the story going without many breaks in between.

This game is meant to be played slowly. I think most are just too impatient to go the pace Rockstar intended us to.

I realized that had I taken my time I'd have spent a lot more time at each camp location and would have had more time to explore the surrounding areas which in turn would have made completing challenges and finding dinosaur bones, rock carvings, treasures and such much less of a drain.

The way I played my first play through made all the events feel like they took place in a matter of months. I want my second playthrough to feel like the story plays out over a few years.

That said I freakin LOVE this game. Story mode was everything I had hoped for in the sequel and then some.

You're completely right. I mentioned in my playthrough the most fun I had was just riding around and admiring the details (of which the game was teeming with) then sometimes you'll happen upon a random encounter and it all just plays out so smoothly. So smooth it's almost like playing in a movie. I had no choice but to play it fast because I borrowed it from a friend so it was run and gun to see the ending.

RDR2 is definitely not for the '3 second attention span' Goldfish generation, which is why I'm glad Rockstar didn't compromise on their game in the end. "If people don't want to take the time to enjoy the this game that we labored over every minute detail for then fuck em, they don't deserve to play it." Red Read is Rockstars baby and i'm that's sure how they felt about it.

It had it's problems but the game was perfect for what is was. And for a game where I hated 99% of the missions, I sure as hell want to go back and replay it all again. If that's not the mark of a great game then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
i quit rdr2 after playing 10 hours straight and making 15 videos. i enjoyed it so much that it made me fear for my life.

It is going to take me a year to beat this game. It's so amazing, I just can't play it more than a couple hours a week.

It is going to take me a year to beat this game. It's so amazing, I just can't play it more than a couple hours a week.
Just put in my first hour since I started a new job in the beginning of december

We need a new thread wherein we can spoil this game. Just finished the story, what a ride.

Maybe I’ll play it again in a few years. Right before RDR3.

I want to take a wagon everywhere hunting. I was annoyed by the constant trips back to feed the lazy campers.

We need a new thread wherein we can spoil this game. Just finished the story, what a ride.

Maybe I’ll play it again in a few years. Right before RDR3.

I want to take a wagon everywhere hunting. I was annoyed by the constant trips back to feed the lazy campers.

Just finished the game myself.

It was great, enjoyed the epilogue for the the most part, but I still maintain that the 2nd half of the main story DRAGGED horrifically and probably 6-8 main missions could have been cut without changing any of the story. Things got really repetitive for a while and it took me right out of the game. Took a break for a couple weeks and went back to it to push for the finish, glad I did

just finished RDR 2 and it started to drag for me when they went to you know where, that chapter sucked and after it was over it felt like it kept going on and on and on,,,,,,,,,, loved the game before that.

Last edited:
Kid watched me play RDR2 and he cried at the main ending. He got RDR1 for his birthday (and an Ioad) and I reset his game when he started going GTA, I told him it’s about redemption. He now has finished RDR1 with max honor and is playing the Jack epilogue and asked me what he should be doing and I told him to go full Unforgiven. Kill the wife, the brother, the horse, the dog and the goats.

Last edited:
Chapter 6 now

Got spoiled and am now hunting like a mad man for satchel pelts and doing white dot quests.....

After 3 and half months, I am FINALLY near the end of the game (epilogue part 2)

I am shocked Rockstar made a story as good as this. Arthur Morgan is one of the GOAT video game characters imo. The end of chapter 6 got me right in the feels.

After 3 and half months, I am FINALLY near the end of the game (epilogue part 2)

I am shocked Rockstar made a story as good as this. Arthur Morgan is one of the GOAT video game characters imo. The end of chapter 6 got me right in the feels.
I wish I could like this a thousand times
I beat it last month but still think about this game
It actually ruined other games for me in a way cause they just aren't the same quality

Using the cinematic view as an auto pilot made the game so much better for me. You can browse most menus (start menu and the map), only the matchmaking menu and satchel will exit cinematic view.

Set waypoint ~ line up horse ~ hold run ~ then hold change view (wait for it to change to cinematic view) ~ go to start menu.

If your lined up correctly it should auto pilot all the way up to where your waypoint ends. I've had some funny fails doing this but the trade off for travel time is well worth it.
Holy shit, im trying this tonight.

Horses.

Currently im driving a black arabian and ive been looking at a Turkoman or whatever other hybrid horse there is that are better.

Vids all over YouTube say to go to Saint Denis and keeping logging on to take some horses at an outside stable.

However..

There was an alleged update and now the good horses dont spawn (just walkers, saddlers, and morgans). Not sure of this applies to Single Player, cuz thats ALL i play, but they are not respawning.

So how else do i get them?

Back