PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Total voters
Then I’d have to slap a white disc drive on it.

That controller is nice though.

Supposedly there is a disc drive cover that comes with the console ( but no drive)

• PlayStation 5 Pro Console – 30th Anniversary Limited Edition BundIe
    • Includes the limited edition PS5 Pro console with 2TB SSD, Wi-Fi 7 in territories supporting this standard, and matching limited edition accessories – DualSense wireless controller, DualSense Edge wireless controller, DualSense Charging Station, and a Console Cover for a Disc Drive (Disc Drive sold separately).
    • It also includes a Vertical Stand and special collector’s Items:
  • Original PlayStation controller-style cable connector housing
  • Four PlayStation Shapes cable ties
  • PlayStation sticker
  • Limited Edition PlayStation Poster (1 of 30 possible designs)
  • PlayStation Paperclip

Agree on the controller though, for me its the only one I've liked since the Midnight Black version came out

Supposedly there is a disc drive cover that comes with the console ( but no drive)

Agree on the controller though, for me its the only one I've liked since the Midnight Black version came out
yEV4YW.gif

Doubt I could beat the scalpers but I’m definitely interested in that.

I wonder what the next iteration of the Dual Sense will bring. I'm thinking rotating handles could be somewhat cool as it could free up a run button. It could also be used for steering, opening doors, even some sort of melee combos. Would be interesting to see how developers could use it. Sounds expensive though.

Looks like a Days Gone remaster alongside the Horizon Zero Dawn one

Fuck I hope that’s not true. I just could not get past a couple of hours. I was so bored and I usually love Sony first party. It just felt painfully generic. I think I just hate zombie games outside of RE.

Remastering newish games is crazy commercial filler. Eat doo-doo and live.

While I consider Forbidden West vying for top spot for all-time graphical majesty, Zero Dawn sucked, IMO. It was the Frozen Wilds expansion that had me franchise-curious on what’s next. /rant

Dude’s probably (hopefully?) winding up Garvin wih Days Gone remaster remark. Another no-sense project, otherwise.

Sony’s smart so I’m sure these low-overhead remasters are viewed as better-than-silence interstitially when mid-development cycle for all the AAA projects in the oven. With 5+ years production becoming a norm, I think this in turn may also be the new norm.

Back