• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, I have 28 days until my Shadow of Erdtree preorder is ready so I have to be picky right now not to start anything major and Rise of Ronin was the next game on my radar, unfortunately. Not sure what to do; am playing MP competitive stuff ATM – no SP journey. Looking forward to William and Hayabusa stuffs when I do jump in as I love both Team Ninja legacies.
I've read some stuff on Erdtree that says the levels will be quite high. I like my character but I was hoping to start fresh with a STR build. I don't know if I have the energy to make it through another playthrough. Super conflicted. Who knows, I might just gun it.

I've read some stuff on Erdtree that says the levels will be quite high. I like my character but I was hoping to start fresh with a STR build. I don't know if I have the energy to make it through another playthrough. Super conflicted. Who knows, I might just gun it.
My NG+0 was 380h and second was 75% shorter, so I ended the journey on a good note but fatigued of the whole thing. My homecoming here will be the first time back to the Lands Between since. I’ll explore to shake the rust off but haven’t a fresh NG in me either; game’s just too big for it.

My NG+0 was 380h and second was 75% shorter, so I ended the journey on a good note but fatigued of the whole thing. My homecoming here will be the first time back to the Lands Between since. I’ll explore to shake the rust off but haven’t a fresh NG in me either; game’s just too big for it.
It's going to take some time to dust of the cobwebbs for sure. I have no idea if my weapons are even meta anymore lol.

It's going to take some time to dust of the cobwebbs for sure. I have no idea if my weapons are even meta anymore lol.
Good point. I had some bleed build for my final kit but I’ll be darned if I can remember what – Bloody Helice something something and possibly rebalanced now. I’m pretty excited to re-experience everything, TBH.

Reliable leaker billbil-kun has reported that a full-length Astrobot game will be releasing on the PS5 this year. It is reported that we'll be finding out about it either next week or the following one after that.

It is rumored to have a desert area and also introduce a new fennec fox robot character.

You guys happy about this? Personally I'm very excited as I'm a huge fan of platformers and I thought Playroom was one of the best experiences I've had on my PS5.

astro-bot-ps5-rumour.large.jpg

Reliable leaker billbil-kun has reported that a full-length Astrobot game will be releasing on the PS5 this year. It is reported that we'll be finding out about it either next week or the following one after that.

It is rumored to have a desert area and also introduce a new fennec fox robot character.

You guys happy about this? Personally I'm very excited as I'm a huge fan of platformers and I thought Playroom was one of the best experiences I've had on my PS5.

Yes, excited for this. Loved playing it with my girls. I found all the shortcuts to begin with (Network speed runs) and now they're both better than me.

Worm will love this. ^ @Law Talkin’ Guy

Next week is the beginning of a bunch of video game reveals. What are you guys looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the following:

Astrobot - there's enough rumors that make me confident it is real at this point.
The new Doom game
Concord - interested to see some gameplay
Resident Evil 9 reveal - some rumors that it may appear at a PS State of Play or Showcase
Monster Hunter Wilds - I expect this will be shown at the next Capcom event. They typically have one during the summer. I don't expect a release date but I do want to see some monsters and gameplay.

That's pretty much it outside of a few more release dates for stuff like Sonic X Shadow Generations and Visions of Mana.

At this point I'm confident we get a State of Play Wendesday or Thursday and the Showcase is being saved for September with a big PS5 Pro reveal. I think September is also when they'll reveal Ghost of Tsushima 2

Next week is the beginning of a bunch of video game reveals. What are you guys looking forward to?

Astrobot - there's enough rumors that make me confident it is real at this point.
The new Doom game
Resident Evil 9 reveal - some rumors that it may appear at a PS State of Play or Showcase
Monster Hunter Wilds - I expect this will be shown at the next Capcom event. They typically have one during the summer. I don't expect a release date but I do want to see some monsters and gameplay.

That's pretty much it outside of a few more release dates for stuff like Sonic X Shadow Generations and Visions of Mana.

At this point I'm confident we get a State of Play Wendesday or Thursday and the Showcase is being saved for September with a big PS5 Pro reveal. I think September is also when they'll reveal Ghost of Tsushima 2
Madden 25

ok ok ok I'd like to know what Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch, Guerilla, and Naughty Dog are all up to. Particularly Naughty Dog, we haven't heard from them in a looong time.

The new Doom game

I keep searching youtube for Astros playroom rumours and can't find anything. Surely there'd be something, unless the game is several years away?

Worm will love this. ^ @Law Talkin’ Guy

<5>

The new Doom game

DOOOOOM!!!

The new Doom game

Yeah, Concord PvP for me. Want to see something as this is Firewalk’s first title as a PS family studio, iirc. I remember reading the studio founders are FPS heavyweights, having also said Sony and they had an instant connection years before acquisition so coming together was natural. All the necessary ingredients are there.

PlayStation Studios welcomes indie developer house Shadowfall as an official partner. The studio's debut PS5 title features co-op and unique combat systems with story drawing on Turkish mythology.

SS.png

More on partnership from Game Rant here. Official website showing some game concepts here.

I keep searching youtube for Astros playroom rumours and can't find anything. Surely there'd be something, unless the game is several years away?
Playroom has been out since November 2020. Rescue Mission was out on the PSVR. This game we still don’t know the title of but it’s expected to release this year. We’re going to find out soon enough anyway.

Madden 25

ok ok ok I'd like to know what Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch, Guerilla, and Naughty Dog are all up to. Particularly Naughty Dog, we haven't heard from them in a looong time.
Yeah I don’t think that is happening sadly. These games take forever to make now and this week will focus on 2024. I think we get a showcase attached to the ps5 pro breakdown in September and maybe hear from some of those studios. Naughty dog is far out. They released a game at the very end of ps4 in 2020. I think we won’t hear from them at all this year. I predict their next game won’t be until 2027. they also wasted time on the canceled multiplayer.

I really hope some of you guys had a chance to download Tunic. It’s an amazing little game and well worth the investment. Exploration at its finest. The devs really put a lot of love into it.

I really hope some of you guys had a chance to download Tunic. It’s an amazing little game and well worth the investment. Exploration at its finest. The devs really put a lot of love into it.
It’s on the list, wrapping up the platinum for Penny’s Big Breakaway. Then going to finish up Rise of the Ronin. I also have to finish Dave the Diver. I put a few hours in and it’s honestly amazing. If you have some time after you finish Tunic I highly recommend giving Dave the Diver a chance if you signed up for Extra. Addicting gameplay loop and there’s a free Godzilla DLC that seems to be post game.

I upgraded my fang at the fox statue for +1 ATK and made my way into a well. I feel wildly underpowered and squishy; the spinning enemies in the sewer kill me too fast to do much about it and I haven't any defence items or moves to counter. What am I doing wrong? I've found 2-3 Zelda-style hidden corridors, which were cool.

Back