PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.5

What is your preferred background for incoming SIE CEO?

• Charismatic character/personality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rumors of Hades possibly being a PS Plus game in May. I've never gotten around to playing that so I hope it's true. I've bought that game twice on physical and both times my order got canceled and the digital one was usually inflated in price.
Never got to try either.

Rumors of Hades possibly being a PS Plus game in May. I've never gotten around to playing that so I hope it's true. I've bought that game twice on physical and both times my order got canceled and the digital one was usually inflated in price.

Never got to try either.
Cool game, I liked playing as Captain America

Looks like another Deviation ex employee has joined SIE

HcrKYtG.jpeg

dQ7Ooiz.jpeg

@Zazen Looks like its an Artbook and a comic book starting this year

artbook-and-fallen-asteria-comics-fall-2024-v0-6f33l519jkxc1.jpeg

edit: Official Confirmation

Last edited:
Went from being hyped to possibly getting Hades to this sad list lol

Went from being hyped to possibly getting Hades to this sad list lol

It’s not a sad list. Ghostrunner 2 and Tunic reviewed well. Will try both. I’m happy no Hades since I own it already. I feel like everyone who was interested in it already played it because it’s been out a pretty long time.

Saves me paying for Light fall, Tunic was fun from what I played when it first released on Gamepass

I went back and did some research on Tunic, actually looks like a hidden gem there, ill take back my sad list comment lol.

I tried Tunic on GP. It seemed pretty good but just wasn't in the mood for that type of game at the time. The rest of the games are meh to me. Ghostrunner looks good but the game play is not for me. Gave the first one a real shot but just didn't enjoy it.

@Zazen Looks like its an Artbook and a comic book starting this year

artbook-and-fallen-asteria-comics-fall-2024-v0-6f33l519jkxc1.jpeg

edit: Official Confirmation

How about another game (sequel.. or prequel or whatever) babygirl (Housemarque)?...

How about another game (sequel.. or prequel or whatever) babygirl (Housemarque)?...

As far as I know they're working on a new IP and the person who spearheaded and creatively came up with a lot of the game no longer works there

As far as I know they're working on a new IP and the person who spearheaded and creatively came up with a lot of the game no longer works there
Yeah, Harry Krueger left several months ago but I think at the very least they’ll keep to their action arcade roots. My guess is we won’t find out what they’re working on until 2025 with a 2026 release.

Sadly they’re moving on to a new IP. This was from an interview some time ago. At least there’s Nex machina I’d you haven’t played that yet.

I went back and did some research on Tunic, actually looks like a hidden gem there, ill take back my sad list comment lol.
Yeah, I was going to say Tunic is apparently cool AF – Soulsy Zelda something something, I've read. Your initial take was also mine when I'd first seen the list though, admittedly.

I want to share this article because I'm very excited that South Korea is doing this. Lies of P was awesome last year and Stellar Blade is fantastic as well. These guys could be the next Japan in the gaming space. They already dominate their region of the world when it comes to TV, movies, and music.

Korea to focus on fostering console game industry over next 5 years: culture ministry.

1714789520244.jpeg

Korea will focus on fostering its console game sector over the next five years as part of efforts revive the country's game industry, the culture ministry said Wednesday.

Under the five-year plan to promote the game industry, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will work to expand the country's share in the global console game market by 2028, aiming to reduce its heavy dependence on online and mobile game platforms.

Korea has the fourth-biggest game industry in the world in terms of sales, posting a combined revenue of 22.2 trillion won ($16.04 billion) in 2022, driven by the growth of online and mobile games.

However, the country's share of the global console game market is only 1.5 percent, which constitutes 28 percent of the entire industry, with mobile games accounting for 44 percent, according to the ministry.

Also, more than 40 percent of gamers in North America and Europe play console games, the ministry added.

The government said it will help local companies cooperate with major global console game companies, like Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo, to develop blockbuster titles.

It also plans to provide support to independent game companies for the development of a wider range of video games. (Yonhap)

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2024/05/129_373816.html

More on PS5 Pro. Sounding fire:

🚨 PS5 Pro GPU leak (Trinity) by Digital Foundry

🔹2.35Hz Max Clock Speed,higher than 2.23 PlayStation 5
🔹60 CUs (vs 36)
🔹Hardware VRS with features beyond DX12 (PC& Xbox )😳
🔹Better Mesh Shading
🔹2x cache (Ray Tracing)
🔹Dev Kit looks identical

#Sony #Microsoft #PSN #PS5Pro

Sony anniversary. These guys, iirc, started out making electric rice cookers. Now an innovator leading markets. Heck of a journey. Happy 78th, big dawg:

78 Years Ago Today Sony Was Founded As Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo, Ltd In Nihonbashi, Tokyo, Japan!

#Sonybless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back