PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn’t seem to like the trailers based on your previous comments so not surprised. If I had to choose a pair I’d definitely go with Sekiro and Nioh 2 over DMC and Nier so you actually got me more excited. I loved Nier for the story and music but the gameplay was just so so imo. DMC is awesome though in the gameplay department. What games are on your radar now?
I think Eiyuden chronicles is the next one on my list to come out. FF14 Dawntrail at the end of June and the new Trails game comes out in July. So very JRPG heavy. Will also do Ghosts of Tsushima I think when it hits pc if I have time.

I'm out on Stellar Blade. Was expecting more Nier/DMC fast paced combat, but it is like sekiro or nioh kind of stuff. Not a fan of having slow fights and parrying and perfect dodging everything.
Sorry to hear this, brother, but you've got me now more excited about the title inadvertently, lol. Slower and parry are my bag.

Stellar Blade demo available for those unaware. Grab it!

SB.png

Will also share VA and text options for player immersion. Going all in on Korean myself:

Voice Over: Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish.

Text: Korean, English (US), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Arabic, Turkish, Thai, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.

I'm out on Stellar Blade. Was expecting more Nier/DMC fast paced combat, but it is like sekiro or nioh kind of stuff. Not a fan of having slow fights and parrying and perfect dodging everything.
Have you tried the demo?

It most definitely is not a button masher, but I wouldn't say it's as brutal as Nioh or Sekiro. From what I experienced it's in line with the first modern Ninja Gaiden game, where you do have to defend and fight intelligently but you can lay smackdowns once you find an opening.

Pretty cool so far.

I think Eiyuden chronicles is the next one on my list to come out. FF14 Dawntrail at the end of June and the new Trails game comes out in July. So very JRPG heavy. Will also do Ghosts of Tsushima I think when it hits pc if I have time.
Yeah, JRPG fans are eating really well this year. There's still quite a few that I want to buy and some that I'm on the fence about.

Unicorn Overlord - This game looks amazing but came out at an awful time so I'll pick up during Black Friday most likely.

Visions of Mana - The only one on the list that's definitely a day one game for me. Loving everything I've seen from it, looks like Trials of Mana with a larger budget.

SaGa: Emerald Beyond- Not sure about this one, very low-budget and I think it will score in the low 70s but to this day I remain a huge fan of SaGa Frontier so there's still the nostalgia factor there for this franchise.

Metaphor ReFantazio - This is a wait for reviews because I want to see how much of a role the sim stuff is. I burned out on Persona 5 half way through because the game kept you on a tight leash. I was so annoyed by the days ending so fast. It felt like if I did one thing in Tokyo it would be telling me to go home. Kind of annoying but if this game manages to give you more freedom I'm interested because the combat system and characters are still interesting in these games.

Grandia Collection - I just found out about this. Never got around to these games when I was younger but they look really fun. However, they are 40 dollars and came out while I'm still on Rebirth. Going to wait for it hit 24.99 or lower.

Stellar Blade demo available for those unaware. Grab it!

View attachment 1036897

Will also share VA and text options for player immersion. Going all in on Korean myself:

Voice Over: Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin Spanish.

Text: Korean, English (US), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Arabic, Turkish, Thai, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese.

I'm going with English, I can't stand reading games subtitles when there is shit blowing up everywhere and enemies in my face. There are so many lines I'd probably miss. Only time I can stand subtitles are when I'm watching foreign movies. I love some Korean movies though.

Some more new information for the PS5 Pro

The 'Enhanced' label first made its introduction into the PlayStation ecosystem following the release of the PlayStation 4 Pro, which meant that the game utilized the Pro console's improved hardware to offer improved frame rates and resolutions. For the PS5 Pro PlayStation wants games to offer a PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode that will combine:
  • PSSR to upscale resolution to 4K
  • A constant 60FPS
  • Add or increase ray tracing effects

• PlayStation goes on to continue that games may also be given the 'PS5 Pro Enhanced' label if they offer any of the following enhancements:

• Increased target resolution for titles that run a fixed resolution on the standard console
  • Increased target maximum resolution for titles that run at variable resolution on the standard console
  • Increased target frame rate for titles that target a fixed frame rate on the standard console
  • Inclusion of PS5 Pro Raytracing effects

Mad respect – this is how you treat employees:

The CEO of the creative studio Shift-UP, and director of Stellar Blade, gifted a PS5 to each of his 260 employees so that they could enjoy playing the game after its release.♥️

Some more new information for the PS5 Pro

Another way to say this is...
  • PlayStation goes on to continue that games may also be given the 'PS5 Pro Enhanced' label if they offer ONLY 1 of the following enhancements: :
  • JUST AN Increased target resolution for titles that run a fixed resolution on the standard console
  • JUST AN Increased target maximum resolution for titles that run at variable resolution on the standard console
  • JUST AN Increased target frame rate for titles that target a fixed frame rate on the standard console
  • JUST AN Inclusion of PS5 Pro Raytracing effects
Definitely going to be doing additional research into the exact resolution & FPS for every game I buy, and compare it to the PS5.

Mad respect – this is how you treat employees:

The CEO of the creative studio Shift-UP, and director of Stellar Blade, gifted a PS5 to each of his 260 employees so that they could enjoy playing the game after its release.♥️

Not sure if I mentioned it but last year I finally watched Gingerdead Man. It was absurd and hilarious.

Thought this cool: The childhood dream of Helldivers 2 director is to see Helldivers 2 become a PlayStation staple or icon alongside Kratos and Drake.

Helldivers 2 director's "childhood dream" is for the game to become one of PlayStation's biggest IPs alongside the likes of God of War and Uncharted 👀🔥 #PS5

A team of Google Researchers/ Engineers including well known PS4 Jailbreaker The Flow hacked the PS Plortal to run PSP games, then let Sony now which in turn helped with the current patch that recently just dropped for the Portal

A Google engineer who helped to hack the PlayStation Portal to run PSP games offline says his team has now helped Sony to fix the exploit.

The Portal is a streaming-only device which is designed to let players stream their PS5 console to the handheld via Remote Play so they can be played away from the TV.

As such, the stock version of the hardware offers no options to save physical games, offering streaming functionality and nothing else.

However, in February, Google cloud vulnerability researcher Andy Nguyen revealed that he and a small team of other Google engineers had managed to hack the device to play games locally, running a PSP emulator natively offline.

On Monday the PlayStation Portal received a new firmware update to version 2.06, and Nguyen later confirmed on X that it contained a fix for the hack, one his team had helped Sony to identify.

"We responsibly reported the issues to PlayStation," Nguyen wrote. "Bugs are fixed on 2.06."

Following his latest update, Nguyen has been met with criticism by some players who want to know why he helped Sony to fix the exploit instead of giving it to the public.

He explained that had he released the exploit publicly, Sony would have eventually fixed it anyway, and that reporting it was the right thing to do.

"No idea why you folks cry about the disclosure," he wrote. "If we just released to the public, do you think Sony would just leave it unpatched? Reporting vs not reporting is only a few weeks of difference."

A team of Google Researchers/ Engineers including well known PS4 Jailbreaker The Flow hacked the PS Plortal to run PSP games, then let Sony now which in turn helped with the current patch that recently just dropped for the Portal

This coolly reminds me of Frank Abagnale, Jr. and his biopic Catch Me If You Can, ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back