Official Mario Kart 8 Tournament Thread (Tourney Begins 6/12/14)

Fatt Hughes

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
fbook.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ndr47.jpg

Sherdog Daily Race is specifically for casual racing, having fun, and improving your skill. Use this time to experiment with racer and kart combos and discover what works best for you in competitive racing. Points acquired during daily racing are not counted towards Sherdog Cup Competition.

Race time are from 3PM CST to 2AM. I'm thinking of just keeping lobby open though.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0119j00.jpg

Sherdog Cup Summer Season 1. Tournament Begins June 12 - July 3, 2014.

Tournament Season begins June 12th to allow new players to get accustomed to the game, allow current racers to hone their skills, and allow potential new U owners to pick up the game between now and June 12.

Rules.

1. Tournament Lobby Opens Thursdays at 3PM Central and Ends Sunday 2AM Central. Each racer is responsible for getting in their own race time to acquire points and position in the standings. Obviously, the more you race, the more points you earn in standings.

2. No exploits currently known, or come to be known will be permitted in race.

3. After July 3rd, and depending on amount of players. Top half will be invited to Sherdog Cup Championship Invitational on July 5th. If invited racer is unable to attend, then next best racer will take his/her place.

Standings for both Daily Race and Cup Competition will be posted here weekly.

**If you recently bought a Wii U, please be sure to set up your Miiverse features to allow friend request. In addition, if you have MK 8, please post your NNID!**
Nintendo Network ID Mario Kart 8 Masterlist

SD: Fatt Hughes NNID: Stevenflow MK: Steve
SD:Gunners NNID: Kazushi_Sakuraba MK: Jon Snow
SD: jerzey devil NNID: Jerzey MK: Drama
SD: Dinkin_Flicka NNID: JC1980 MK: JC
NNID: pinkflamer
NNID: Dinomaniac28
NNID: estemachine
SD: A Bird NNID: vthunders MK: A Bird

Last edited:
hells yeah. lets book it next friday 5pm pacific

How do we join? I'm down for some tonight. I just wanted to spend some time learning the tracks but I'm ready now.

I have a gold in everything except for 3 of them in mirror mode. Doesn't matter how good I'm racing they're just not ready to let me get gold yet. The cheap tactics are in full swing. You know what I mean...blue shell, then red shell, then random green shell that banked off of an impossible angle out of nowhere. Then you finally get to go.

I'm still loving this game though. Could end up being my favorite Mario kart. Hopefully they keep adding tracks through dlc.

How do we join? I'm down for some tonight. I just wanted to spend some time learning the tracks but I'm ready now.

I have a gold in everything except for 3 of them in mirror mode. Doesn't matter how good I'm racing they're just not ready to let me get gold yet. The cheap tactics are in full swing. You know what I mean...blue shell, then red shell, then random green shell that banked off of an impossible angle out of nowhere. Then you finally get to go.

I'm still loving this game though. Could end up being my favorite Mario kart. Hopefully they keep adding tracks through dlc.

head online. Go to Tournament. Search by code. Enter the Daily Race Tournament Code. I'm in the lobby now.

once i believe, then the lobby is saved to your favorites list.

Nice. My system is updating right now but I'll be on in a minute.

Damn, Mirror Mode already? I'm wrestling the 150cc, granted I'm doing them til I get the full 3 stars on them which takes time.

Damn, Mirror Mode already? I'm wrestling the 150cc, granted I'm doing them til I get the full 3 stars on them which takes time.

Oh yeah I'm not doing that just yet. I have 3 stars on everything in 50cc but I'm just working on gold trophies first. That's how you unlock all of the characters. I have them all. Still unlocking kart parts with coins though.

gonna have to step out for a bit. The Daily Race lobby is open for all, i don't have to be in it. So have at it while i'm away. Just be sure to input the code from the image above since it's a private race amongst us.

Sorry it took so long fatt. I'm all signing up now.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012wiay.jpg

Good games Jerzey, you beasted. Still getting used to 150cc.

not sure who i'm playing against, but good games.

That was me. Those were some good games. Hopefully more people start joining in.

I wish they'd let you use the messages before you choose the track. It was hard to get anything in with just two of us. The race would start too quick especially because we both kept hitting random.

Love this game.

Back