Official Judo Thread

sweet, wheres the comp?

not much going on in the midwest

We're gonna do Governor's cup March 30th. Iowa City and Des Moines clubs have been growing and Dubuque just got started up again so we'll hopefully have a decent turnout.

If not, it'll still be a great kids tournament. I think entry fee is like $20 or $25ish.

PM me if you want registration information or need directions.

Down to 193lbs, registered for 198lb masters division.

Tourney one week from tomorrow, goal is to compete, have fun and walk off the mat with all bones intact.

Must fight urge to judge out of shape 37 year old dad self against 27 year old peak competitor me.

Well Bros I'm at the hotel, its 2315 eastern time, my body thinks it's 2015...my flight left Cali at 0730 PST...I drove 3 hours after getting to the east coast, I have no clue what time it is and I just had two double Jack and Cokes to help sleep.....

Time for bed, check in starts at 0830, matches scheduled at 0900

I was stretchered off the mat six years and one week ago, that was my last comp. My goal tomorrow is to walk off, win or lose

Last edited:
Damn,the Just Bleed Priest in the judo thread.....this place is going places!

I'm an OG brother. The F12 was where I began. I was competing heavily from 05-09, then 12-13 before I offered my ankle to the Sanguine Lord

I'm an OG brother. The F12 was where I began. I was competing heavily from 05-09, then 12-13 before I offered my ankle to the Sanguine Lord

Ha ha me too. Started in F12. Before this account,too. But eventually got tired of all these bjj fanboy threads and only lurk around here.

More like dad,
Fought a 60 year old hardass 6-dan.... Dude still does landscaping, had to out quick him.

That's grandpa.
Damn, 60 competing against 30-somethings....Old dude must be a bad ass. Respect.

the grey haired dudes that still randori are scary.

Yep. Out of respect I don't fuck around with them like junior belts or teenagers

...unless they specifically ask to go light

Last edited:
The US Coast Guard awarded it's Elite Athlete of the Year Award to a Judoka.

The runner up...another Judoka

I'm lucky to have shared the mats with each of them, and I remember 10 years ago when higher command was apprehensive about it's active duty folks risking injury doing Judo.

Can anyone confirm for me what rules will have been used at the most recent All Japan? Full IJF rules? Hybrid rules? I don't think they were older Kodokan rules.

Fuck me I just tried a new club in a city where I am regularly for work.

Spotted this minuscule 40 y o blackbelt for randori, like a boss.

Little fucker was uncatchable. Always caught my sleeves and I couldn't get my hands on him. Then he made me fly 1 hand kataguruma (the IJF-compliant variety) and nearly chopped my achilles in two with a nasty ko uchi gari.

Next guy that doesn't cut his toenails and bounces them off the plate in my ankle is getting "110% I'm going to fucking kill you" me. I don't care your rank or permant disability... Shit still hurts. White Belt will fucking die next time....

Fuck me I just tried a new club in a city where I am regularly for work.

Spotted this minuscule 40 y o blackbelt for randori, like a boss.

Little fucker was uncatchable. Always caught my sleeves and I couldn't get my hands on him. Then he made me fly 1 hand kataguruma (the IJF-compliant variety) and nearly chopped my achilles in two with a nasty ko uchi gari.

Brother you should know better...

Back