• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
I guess it depends if you're racing to level up or doing the side quests and all the content. I enjoyed taking my time and play the game solo.

To each their own.

I have 100% completion in every zone and every achievement that doesn't require leveling another char, pvp or just an absurd amount of the same thing (100 whispers, 100k obols).

Oh and T75/T100/Uber Lilith because aside from completely regearing and respeccing to an Ice shards/blizzard build those 3 are completely impossible to do solo as Arc Lash... I get one shotted on/off screen by trash mobs in T75 with almost 15k HP and about as good of gear as you can get for my build, its just completely stupid.

Last edited:
Tried the level 70 capstone dungeon as a level 58. Got almost 2/3 of the way through it and the best drop I got was a flawless jewel.

Losing motivation.

Tried the level 70 capstone dungeon as a level 58. Got almost 2/3 of the way through it and the best drop I got was a flawless jewel.

Losing motivation.

it's just another dungeon to complete. You shouldn't be expecting to get better/good gear by running it 2/3 once. Focus on finishing your build by running helltides and/or nightmare dungeons. Once you finish your build you should be able to easily beat the capstone to unlock WT4.

You don't do the capstone for loot, you do it to get to the next level that has all the good loot.
100% agreed. My Rogue is around level 75 now and at WT4 the ancestral/legendary loot drops are so frequent they are hard to keep track of.
I started a Druid to see what it is about. Got it to level 10 and it seems too slow for me.
I also started a Sorcerer and having quite a bit of fun with that.

100% agreed. My Rogue is around level 75 now and at WT4 the ancestral/legendary loot drops are so frequent they are hard to keep track of.
I started a Druid to see what it is about. Got it to level 10 and it seems too slow for me.
I also started a Sorcerer and having quite a bit of fun with that.

How much of a boost do you get on new characters from all the altars and rep bonuses from your first character?

How much of a boost do you get on new characters from all the altars and rep bonuses from your first character?
You start with 10 skill points and around 75 for all stats. Chest, gold, obols are all shared. If you go out and find the altars with your new character it won't give you the bonus but you will get reknown and you still get the first tier rewards for each level of reknown (gold + xp).

You also have access to all the aspects in your codex you've unlocked. By the time I got my sorc to level 12 or so some rares started dropping and I proceeded to kit her out with all leghendary gear, seeing as how gold and materials are shared.

It was pretty cool to have a sorc in the teens with all legendary gear.

On another note, I see that the Necormancer is the most popular here, but I don't run into them in the wild too often.

I think Sorcerers are the most popular based on my experience- with Rogues in 2nd, Barbs in 3rd, Drudis in 4th.

Just in my experience.

Last edited:
You start with 10 skill points and around 75 for all stats. Chest, gold, obols are all shared. If you go out and find the altars with your new character it won't give you the bonus but you will get reknown and you still get the first tier rewards for each level of reknown (gold + xp)

A level 1 with 10 skill points and 75 for all stats is pretty crazy. Do the enemies scale based on your level or stats? If level, you must absolutely melt everything from the start.

A level 1 with 10 skill points and 75 for all stats is pretty crazy. Do the enemies scale based on your level or stats? If level, you must absolutely melt everything from the start.
I can tell you that at WT2 it starts off easy enough but the baddies will catch up with you at some point.

I can tell you that at WT2 it starts off easy enough but the baddies will catch up with you at some point.

This is going to be interesting. I'll be leveling a new character when the season starts and I've maxxed out rep and altars but my mate hasn't done any of them.

On another topic: Is anyone seeing a bunch more 800+ lvl items recently or is it just me?

Last edited:
Have 3 characters going on D4. My Barbarian is my highest level at 46 then a Druid at 38 and a Rogue at 11. Barb is a blast to play and I'm almost done the campaign. Been doing an Upheavel build as WW and HOTA just seem to boring to play. Mixed it up with my Droid too. Shapeshifting is meh so I went with a Storm build. Dropping Hurricane Tornados, Lightning Storm and Cataclysm all at once is chub inducing. The Rogue is still to low level to get a feel for yet but I think I'm going to make her a suppressor. Locking down enemies with Daze and Stuns.

This guy basically copied my build.. haha

The only thing that's different is he has Shadow Imbuement and no Ultimate Skill

I have the Death Trap Ultimate skill, no Shadow Imbuement, everything else is the same as what he has in this vid -I'm having great success.

On my paragon board I get bonuses for trapping enemies and a 20 second damage bonus after activating my ultimate- which only has a 30-40 second cool down.

Oh my god, that was so satisfying... After being jumped by the butcher several times starting at lvl 10 and killed, I just ran into him again in a nightmare dungeon at lvl 82.

I could hear him stomping around, just in the next room and was ready for him, popped bone storm, opened the door, only to hear his customary greeting. This time however, he only made it to "Fresh M..." and the three bone spears I fired melted the fucker before he could even finish.

Payback is sweet.

This guy basically copied my build.. haha

The only thing that's different is he has Shadow Imbuement and no Ultimate Skill

I have the Death Trap Ultimate skill, no Shadow Imbuement, everything else is the same as what he has in this vid -I'm having great success.

On my paragon board I get bonuses for trapping enemies and a 20 second damage bonus after activating my ultimate- which only has a 30-40 second cool down.

Ulty's are for n00bs. Git Gud.

This is going to be interesting. I'll be leveling a new character when the season starts and I've maxxed out rep and altars but my mate hasn't done any of them.

On another topic: Is anyone seeing a bunch more 800+ lvl items recently or is it just me?
What I don’t know is if altars and rep rewards count towards your season character. Seems unlikely to me that they would. Has anyone seen confirmation of this one way or the other?

Ulty's are for n00bs. Git Gud.
Disagree
Death Trap can be used to bring mobs together.

One mf my tactics is to drop a poison trap near a mob, then a death trap nearby. The death trap pulls in surrounding enemies into the poison, and if the ultimate doesn't finish them off, I fire off a poisoned penetrating shot (with trickshot aspect). This is incredibly effective at killing 20+ monsters in one shot- and then I get a damage bonus for 20 seconds after that. With the exposure key passive cooldowns on these traps is reduced so I can basically activate this again shortly after my damage bonus is gone.

What I don’t know is if altars and rep rewards count towards your season character. Seems unlikely to me that they would. Has anyone seen confirmation of this one way or the other?

yeah they’ve confirmed it already. If you’ve found all the Lilith statues and uncovered the whole map your season starts with those bonuses.

Back