Official Coaches and Trainers Discussion

Sounds kind of like Rumble vs Cormier II. Rumble just determined to wrestle, leads to the downfall.
he ate some shots early which made him hesitant. I’m realizing more and more that he’s a momentum guy- we’ve
Been asking him to start slow because he’s a slow starter defensively and tends to get hit by what ever comes at him right out the gate. I need him to come out, move around and land a few jabs or low kicks just to get him feeling good about the fight.

he busted the kids nose with a jab but once he gets hit at all he reverts to wrasslin mode

Flying out to Oklahoma in a week for the Bellator card. Have a featherweight submission wiz and a heavyweight KO artist on the main card. Just finished their last hard sparring and pad rounds today. Feeling pretty good about both their chances

Update: mowry pulled out, the heavyweight fight is cancelled. Fuck me.

Ugh that sucks. My heavyweight stopped the Wisconsin Champion of last year. Dude was gassing himself on social media leading into this.

He knows this ain't Wisconsin out here now. Will post in my thread when it's uploaded

Ugh that sucks. My heavyweight stopped the Wisconsin Champion of last year. Dude was gassing himself on social media leading into this.

He knows this ain't Wisconsin out here now. Will post in my thread when it's uploaded
saw that man, congrats! We had a match bout for our 17 year old kid at the gg this weekend. Lost a decision from boxing too pretty and not handling things well when his opponent makes it ugly. It’s tough when all his sparring partners Box with him and then he has to face brawlers and starts to wilt. Tough riddle to solve

4911E1DA-6AA6-406A-90B9-618E690123E0.jpeg A89F701B-9AF3-40BE-B69E-4FDF21DCF2D5.jpeg

fucking rough one but we got it done. We have to put a lot more work into this kids striking but we got the decision. Wrestled and hunted subs all 3 rounds, did good enough on the striking to make our opponent think twice about blitzing us. Sure as hell ended weird with Sunshine on salims back for minutes while Salim stood up and asked the ref to reset them.

but- a win is a win is a win is a win.

Last edited:
Nervous about fight island. My favorite students wife has landed a whopper of an opponent. I did my best To prepare her when the time allowed and as god as my witness if she pulls off the upset with something we worked on, I’ll post the video of us training it.

May the Just Bleed Gods be merciful and knowing for our heart is pure and our technique clean.

I think they gave her Ribas for a reason =/

I’m sure Paige will bounce back!
It’s always in the company’s best interest to throw someone a (relatively) unknown killer for their last fight on a contract. We knew what a monster ribas was. What ever happens next I’m proud of her

Nervous about fight island. My favorite students wife has landed a whopper of an opponent. I did my best To prepare her when the time allowed and as god as my witness if she pulls off the upset with something we worked on, I’ll post the video of us training it.

May the Just Bleed Gods be merciful and knowing for our heart is pure and our technique clean.
You trained Paige VanZant? That's great.
Didn't know we had a coach here training such a high profile athlete.
I hope she comes back strong.

You trained Paige VanZant? That's great.
Didn't know we had a coach here training such a high profile athlete.
I hope she comes back strong.
im not her head coach, but I am the head striking coach at the gym she trains at. I work with her and a handful of Bellator athletes as well as some great up and coming regional guys.

I got a Sherdog account when I was still competing as a fighter and just starting to coach. I’ve been a regular on the forum since then and as my career has grown I’ve just kept on posting and updating things along the way. I stay away from the heavies for obvious reasons, but f11 and f12 are great.

great coaching dude.
thanks man. I wasn’t in her corner bc my jits and wall work isn’t up to snuff but I trust the guy we sent with everything. We are working on some holes in her game as a fighter and things as a coach I can improve upon for the next one. You’ll see us in the UFC, Mark my words.

Back