Law Officer that shot Rashard Brooks reinstated.

Doing their job, like arresting drunk drivers? Cause that's how this siruation came about in the first place, cops doing their jobs.
No this situation developed over the last 100+ years of bad cops not being held accountable by a corrupt system.
Now cameras on cops and on citizen phones are working to correct that. And rather than be professionals and adapt and evolve they cry that people are mad at them and refuse to do their jobs.
They highlight the questionable cases of them being held accountable while ignoring the clear cut cases of blatant criminality.
I may come off as anti-cop, but I'm not. I'm pro accountability and have no patience for the people who are pro police regardless of the facts and the cops who think a century of validated distrust warrants them shirking their duties and abusing the system that has insulated them from proper accountability for over a century.

No this situation developed over the last 100+ years of bad cops not being held accountable by a corrupt system.
Now cameras on cops and on citizen phones are working to correct that. And rather than be professionals and adapt and evolve they cry that people are mad at them and refuse to do their jobs.
They highlight the questionable cases of them being held accountable while ignoring the clear cut cases of blatant criminality.
I may come off as anti-cop, but I'm not. I'm pro accountability and have no patience for the people who are pro police regardless of the facts and the cops who think a century of validated distrust warrants them shirking their duties and abusing the system that has insulated them from proper accountability for over a century.
This wasn't a case of the "citizen filming caught the cops murdering a man" it was on their body cams. I don't care about your wall of words or historical explanations of why a guy decided to pass out in a drive thru restaurant. Drunk drivers kill thousands of people every year, it's not an illegitimate arrest.

This wasn't a case of the "citizen filming caught the cops murdering a man" it was on their body cams. I don't care about your wall of words or historical explanations of why a guy decided to pass out in a drive thru restaurant. Drunk drivers kill thousands of people every year, it's not an illegitimate arrest.
I never said this arrest wasn't legit (the shooting is questionable) my discussion points were directed at the cops who don't show up to work because they're snowflakes.

I never said this arrest wasn't legit (the shooting is questionable) my discussion points were directed at the cops who don't show up to work because they're snowflakes.
If doing your job means being charged for murder for following your standard procedures, what's the point? I'd just collect a check if I was a cop and I'm far from a fuckin snowflake. I imagine many are, judging by how high the murder rate jumped last year.

If doing your job means being charged for murder for following your standard procedures, what's the point? I'd just collect a check if I was a cop and I'm far from a fuckin snowflake. I imagine many are, judging by how high the murder rate jumped last year.

If you are a cop and you think your job is vital to society and you refuse to do it because your feelings are hurt then you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Quit and get a new job and stop being a leach/ lability to the PD, your fellow officers, and society in general. Not doing your job isn't proof that its ok to use lethal force on somebody running away.

If you are a cop and you think your job is vital to society and you refuse to do it because your feelings are hurt then you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Quit and get a new job and stop being a leach/ lability to the PD, your fellow officers, and society in general. Not doing your job isn't proof that its ok to use lethal force on somebody running away.
I imagine it has less to do with feelings being hurt, and more to do with wanting to avoid calls that may land you in prison if the mob is loud enough.

You don't have to be a blue dick smoker to see the difference between the cops kneeling on someone's neck/completely disregarding their pleas for help, and a cop that shot someone trying to fire their own taser at them after a physical altercation.

You just have to not be stupid.
Well. Look who you’re replying to.
<{Heymansnicker}>

The problem comes when they charge cops for good shootings that were justified because of the fear of riots and protests, which proves that they work on leaders who lack a spine.

This is not how a DA's office operates and it's both insulting and comical to suggest. (This has also been the tin foil hat narrative relative to the charges against Rittenhouse - as if the local Kenosha fucking Wisconsin government is some bed of nervous liberals. lol) It also shows the degree to which CT's are driving the pro-police side.

As with Floyd I am fully content to see all the evidence brought forth at trial for the Brooks shooting and will accept the jury's verdict.

You just have to not be stupid.

Again, it's the DA who brought felony murder charges. That speaks to anyone with a brain.

This isn't a case of some cop who was fully cleared after an internal investigation but who rabid members of BLM have declared a murderer.

Part of me was a little torn on this one because there is no immediate danger if he gets away. They know who he is, he fought with them, and ran. But when he pointed the taser at the cop and turned to shoot him with it, it became a different situation altogether.

It was amusing at first when these blm idiots objected to good shoots, but now it is every shooting no matter how justified. For example, see Bryant and the cop that should have let her stab the other girl with their argument being that the cops let Rittenhouse walk or if she had been white the cop would have just tackled her. Oh, and now they claim it was reckless to shoot her in a crowd because everyone matters except the one being stabbed.
That lack of logical thinking is the problem and I think most of it comes from social media where people just jump on the bandwagon without actually considering the circumstances. It's like some weird mass hysteria from social media, it makes people so easy to radicalize.

It used to, but unfortunately that has gone out the window now in regards to situations like this one. It's become charge first and deal with the consequences later.

Link me to as many cases as you can that have occurred in the past decade in which a police officer was charged with felony murder by the DA but who was then acquitted at trial. Thanks.

I don't agree with the blue flu shit. Hinders officer safety. What if your back-up called In that day just to be a dick and you get shot?

They usually hold the current shift to work a double. I never actually caught it, but i was forced to work many doubles in my early years when it went around. it forces the city/county to pay overtime to cover the minimum number of officers. If a lot of people call off, as a supervisor I always called guys on their days off to avoid holding someone over.

Police officers can’t strike. This is a form of protest that is rarely utilized and saved for special occasions. This incident in atlanta was a fuck you to the prosecutors and to the protesters and community for condemning a good shoot, though the officers just gave them what they wanted, which I disagree with. It could put officers at risk if there wasn’t a mandatory minimum-which there is-every department has a minimum number of officers that have to be on the street and if they don’t reach that number, they have forced overtime or use other divisions to answer calls.

Officers suddenly quoting and retiring to work in other departments is another way to protest. But the most common is that officers quit being proactive and only answer calls. That means no traffic stops, no investigatory stops, no warrant services, etc. the unfortunate reality is that when officers quit being proactive, crime goes up. Every single time. The nypd, mpd, atlanta, now Columbus have all stopped proactive policing. They quit writing tickets to hit the city in the wallet.

I prefer for guys to remain professional and do their jobs unhindered by protests, but I don’t fault or blame the officers that feel attacked and unappreciated.

They usually hold the current shift to work a double. I never actually caught it, but i was forced to work many doubles in my early years when it went around. it forces the city/county to pay overtime to cover the minimum number of officers. If a lot of people call off, as a supervisor I always called guys on their days off to avoid holding someone over.

Police officers can’t strike. This is a form of protest that is rarely utilized and saved for special occasions. This incident in atlanta was a fuck you to the prosecutors and to the protesters and community for condemning a good shoot, though the officers just gave them what they wanted, which I disagree with. It could put officers at risk if there wasn’t a mandatory minimum-which there is-every department has a minimum number of officers that have to be on the street and if they don’t reach that number, they have forced overtime or use other divisions to answer calls.

Officers suddenly quoting and retiring to work in other departments is another way to protest. But the most common is that officers quit being proactive and only answer calls. That means no traffic stops, no investigatory stops, no warrant services, etc. the unfortunate reality is that when officers quit being proactive, crime goes up. Every single time. The nypd, mpd, atlanta, now Columbus have all stopped proactive policing. They quit writing tickets to hit the city in the wallet.

I prefer for guys to remain professional and do their jobs unhindered by protests, but I don’t fault or blame the officers that feel attacked and unappreciated.
A guy working 16 or 20 hours may not be as quick on the draw or as alert behind the wheel

Not doing your job, an important job, leaving your community vulnerable, putting more pressure on your fellow police, thereby jeopardizing their safety, because their feelings are hurt is shameful behavior. It doesn't matter that they're protected from disciplinary action (until the last decade they were even protected from murder in most cases) doesn't resolve them of their disgusting behavior.

No. They still do their job and answer calls, they just quit being proactive and the shifts are covered. Cops can’t strike so this is their form of protest. The shifts are always covered by overtime so you are not leaving an area uncovered, it just costs the city money for overtime and officers forced to work a double shift are not going to be doing traffic stops

It has nothing to do with feelings being hurt, and everything to do with shielding yourself spending your life in prison because you are no longer to defend yourself. I haven't heard a single cop being outraged that Chauvin is tried, for example. Most cops I know said that he deviated from procedure and it got someone killed, so its a good verdict. But all those same cops believe that Rayshard Brooks was a clean shoot. That wasn't a man flat on his stomach begging for his life. He kicked both their asses, took their tazer, and tried to taze them with it. If some criminal tried to shoot me with a tazer IRL I'd respond with lethal force also.

Again, it's the DA who brought felony murder charges. That speaks to anyone with a brain.

This isn't a case of some cop who was fully cleared after an internal investigation but who rabid members of BLM have declared a murderer.
Yeah, I'm sure current events (riots) had no impact on tbe DAs decision at all.

This is not how a DA's office operates and it's both insulting and comical to suggest. (This has also been the tin foil hat narrative relative to the charges against Rittenhouse - as if the local Kenosha fucking Wisconsin government is some bed of nervous liberals. lol) It also shows the degree to which CT's are driving the pro-police side.

As with Floyd I am fully content to see all the evidence brought forth at trial for the Brooks shooting and will accept the jury's verdict.

You are absolutely wrong if you are saying that the da didn’t fold to pressure because of fear of further riots. This is why the charges came out snd the officer was fired almost immediately. They lack the spine to say “this was a just shoot” and only a few departments have withstood the demands from blm and celebrity grifters. They demanded Officer Reardon be charged for the Bryant shooting and his department said no way.

That lack of logical thinking is the problem and I think most of it comes from social media where people just jump on the bandwagon without actually considering the circumstances. It's like some weird mass hysteria from social media, it makes people so easy to radicalize.

It definitely whips people up in a frenzy snd they are so fucking angry. After Bryant was shot, there were people with bullhorns yelling an eye for an eye, they shoot one of us, we shoot one of them. And this was acceptable to the crowd who cheered this shit over a cop saving another black woman from a girl with a knife

Dude it’s not about hurt feelings. You are asking police to get into dangerous situations and not be able to protect themselves and others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back