Law Officer that shot Rashard Brooks reinstated.

A guy working 16 or 20 hours may not be as quick on the draw or as alert behind the wheel

That is a consideration, plus it breeds contempt at the officers that call off. I have looked for studies that look at blu flue and rises in crime, but couldn’t find any. I have found studies that look at how much extra work an officer does and how it can lead to mistakes. But the flip side is that you have an angry cop coming to work. I have mixed feelings on the issue. I would rather see the cops quit en masse because I think it sends a stronger message. Blue flu can be written off as temporary and “oh, they’re just whining for a few days” but when they quit, the city has an “oh shit, what do we do now” moments

That is a consideration, plus it breeds contempt at the officers that call off. I have looked for studies that look at blu flue and rises in crime, but couldn’t find any. I have found studies that look at how much extra work an officer does and how it can lead to mistakes. But the flip side is that you have an angry cop coming to work. I have mixed feelings on the issue. I would rather see the cops quit en masse because I think it sends a stronger message. Blue flu can be written off as temporary and “oh, they’re just whining for a few days” but when they quit, the city has an “oh shit, what do we do now” moments
It's a crap chute. What should happen is people should stop shitting on cops for no reason. Did you see that cop that pulled that teacher over? She was a grade A cunt.

It's a crap chute. What should happen is people should stop shitting on cops for no reason. Did you see that cop that pulled that teacher over? She was a grade A cunt.

Yeah, I saw that. I think she be mentally unstable because he behavior was so ridiculous. That goes beyond simply being a cunt. She seemed paranoid to me

Yeah, I saw that. I think she be mentally unstable because he behavior was so ridiculous. That goes beyond simply being a cunt. She seemed paranoid to me
Nah, just a leftist NPC. They're programmed to call cops murderers and berate them. The bitch being a teacher shows how woeful the qualification standards must be.

Do you mean crapshoot? A crap chute is your b-hole.

I imagine it has less to do with feelings being hurt, and more to do with wanting to avoid calls that may land you in prison if the mob is loud enough.
I imagine its pure spite seeing as these cases are exceedingly rare.

It has nothing to do with feelings being hurt, and everything to do with shielding yourself spending your life in prison because you are no longer to defend yourself. I haven't heard a single cop being outraged that Chauvin is tried, for example. Most cops I know said that he deviated from procedure and it got someone killed, so its a good verdict. But all those same cops believe that Rayshard Brooks was a clean shoot. That wasn't a man flat on his stomach begging for his life. He kicked both their asses, took their tazer, and tried to taze them with it. If some criminal tried to shoot me with a tazer IRL I'd respond with lethal force also.
no. these cases are exceedingly rare and even @nhbbear admits its a form of protest. Its spite and pathetic. Quit, leave your pension and find a new form of employment.

Dude it’s not about hurt feelings. You are asking police to get into dangerous situations and not be able to protect themselves and others.
And the people on the other side of the argument are asking them to not murder people indiscriminately or face the consequences. The cases where cops are being held accountable are very rare.
170 cops calling out isn't because they're scared fo going to jail for "doing their job". Its a pathetic spiteful protest that puts their fellow police and the society they've signed up to protect at risk.
If they're that scared to go to work then quit and leave your pension.

No. They still do their job and answer calls, they just quit being proactive and the shifts are covered. Cops can’t strike so this is their form of protest. The shifts are always covered by overtime so you are not leaving an area uncovered, it just costs the city money for overtime and officers forced to work a double shift are not going to be doing traffic stops
then its an even lamer form of protest than I was giving it credit for.
Still making their fellow pd work doubles, tired, more on edge and more at risk. Selfish any way you put it.

then its an even lamer form of protest than I was giving it credit for.
Still making their fellow pd work doubles, tired, more on edge and more at risk. Selfish any way you put it.

I never did it. I was always the guy that had to work a double because someone else did it. But it didn’t piss me off as much as someone calling off because you know they went to a party. It gets more attention than a statement that officers are upset about the charges. I will have to ask some of my cop friends if they will reconsider the tactic because you think it is weak and selfish

I never did it. I was always the guy that had to work a double because someone else did it. But it didn’t piss me off as much as someone calling off because you know they went to a party. It gets more attention than a statement that officers are upset about the charges. I will have to ask some of my cop friends if they will reconsider the tactic because you think it is weak and selfish
Poor officers upset one of their "brothers" is being held accountable for violating somebody's civil rights/ murder. Give them a hug for me, too. Then let them know I respect their job and I hope they do more to hold themselves and their peers accountable so that the public backlash can subside if they see the efforts. They might have to take it on the chin for another year or 2 while this develops. Ask them to be part of the solution over this time instead of a bunch of whining snowflakes.

The cases of accountability are rare. The cases of no accountability go back over 100 years, so that is why BLM exists.

Well, there you go. If people are pushing for a change, then someone has a right to keep them in check. Its important. These cops feel that in an effort to show increased accountability, the department wrongly charged an innocent police officer. Very worthy thing to protest over.

Well, there you go. If people are pushing for a change, then someone has a right to keep them in check. Its important. These cops feel that in an effort to show increased accountability, the department wrongly charged an innocent police officer. Very worthy thing to protest over.
no its not, especially after a century+ of sweeping their crimes under the rug.

Yeah, I'm sure current events (riots) had no impact on tbe DAs decision at all.

The scariest part is realizing you are not trolling and actually believe this nonsense.

You are absolutely wrong if you are saying that the da didn’t fold to pressure because of fear of further riots. This is why the charges came out snd the officer was fired almost immediately. They lack the spine to say “this was a just shoot” and only a few departments have withstood the demands from blm and celebrity grifters. They demanded Officer Reardon be charged for the Bryant shooting and his department said no way.

Your refusal to simply admit the extreme rarity of felony murder charges being brought against police in the US is evidence you lack sufficient honesty and/or objectivity to add anything of substance to discussions surrounding policing and use of force.

Back