Off Days

sanyo89

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm wondering what your routines look like on off days. I just want to get an example of what some of you do. Mine is pretty boring right now because it consists of some HIIT and decline ab work with some weight. I usually do the HITT for about 15 mins between 8 and 10 mph roughly running around 2.7 miles (with 1% incline). For the decline ab work I usually do 5 sets of 25 with weight varying from 12 to 45 lbs held over my head.
Basically I'm looking for some more core work. I've tried the "sherdog challenge" of 100 pushups, 100 situps, chin ups and running. That was fun, but I don't think I can do that every time.
Bottom line: I'm looking for some more core work to do on my off lifting days. Pretty much interested in what you guys do.
Thanks

i go 2 the place i train at 3-4 times a week and on the days i don't i lift weights

I don't understand having a routine on an "off day".

Do you mean active recover? Try just running or swimming.

lol yea I guess that doesnt make sense huh? I call it my off days because I don't lift those days (T,Thurs, Sat). I'm just looking for something to do other than what I already do for some core work. I guess

man hiit and core work is a workout day by itself. and i can generally tell u that 10 mph doesnt qualify for the HI part of hiit.

thats the highest the treadmill will go! I have to wait for it to get nice outside so I can actually sprint. I'm just going to increase the incline some.

You need at least 1 day off...on my day off i still usually play some tennis, or basketball. In reality i need to rest up a bit more but it is hard to be inactive...

If you are training hard it is counterproductive to not have at least one day of total rest. It will make you stronger, bigger, faster, etc.

Back