Off beat hobbies?

I collect comic books and hardback edition books. I also collect jerseys for both types of football and Fubu jerseys.

got a few hobbies that are not as popular or traditional I guess.

Distance walking
. i don't mean for sport. I really enjoy taking long walks, either with a specific destination in mind, or just to winging it. I'm talking 4+ hours. I've walked crazy distances around Bangkok. I find it very relaxing and a great way to free yourself of stress and wind down, while also being very interesting and beneficial for thinking. I've been considering trying out some super long walks like walking from City to City over days/weeks. Maybe even try and raise money and do it for charity.

good call on the long distance nomadic walking....love doing that, esp in places i've never visited before......in high school, i used to do a variation of taking a greyhound bus to a different state and spending a day or two exploring and skating (skateboarding) a new town/city/cities....did a 30 mile walk over the course of a day and a half in costa rica 4 years ago....now THAT was really cool and I highly recommend...came across a few other people that were doing the same thing

raise chickens? i notice this is becoming more popular around me these days.....i know of at least 3 people that started raising chickens in the past year

for me i drive for hours without a destination in mind until i find a body of water and i kayak that thing and hike the surrounding area for the day or 2..check out any local pubs or restaurants in new towns, etc....i do this at least once a week

i also like to go to historic sites, cemeteries, parks, etc. all by myself and even take walking/guided tours....just got into this in the past couple of years

come to think o fit, my "weird" hobbies are just doing "normal" things, just by myself...ie: going to movies, nice restaurants, short overnight vacations, etc.

no im not a serial killer lol

Ping Pong. It's really fun and a lot harder than you would think.

Ping-Pong-serve.jpg

It's weird but drawing floorplans of houses/buildings has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. I'm not an architect and never took architecture classes but I'll have dreams of being in cool buildings and then want to put it on paper when I wake up lol

Let's see offbeat?

-I like to custom wire guitars with special pots, pickups, switching, pre amps etc -also custom fret jobs and such and the same for tube amps and pedals -I bias, build custom preamp circuits, and custom set up a lot of guitar amps for friends -several artists guitar sounds you probably have heard or listen to -my dad taught me all this as a kid and Ive been keepin' it going.

-I have been skateboarding since the 70s which makes me the old guy at the skate park -but since I rip I don't have any problems with you little zit faced poseurs.

-Probably the weirdest one is I like to relocate bugs and reptiles to safety including Black Widows, Rattlesnakes etc. I don't kill anything purposefully.

I like how TS almost immediately hijacked his own thread and turned into a FLW hate thread. Mayberry Lounge: you're doing it wrong.

I like how TS almost immediately hijacked his own thread and turned into a FLW hate thread. Mayberry Lounge: you're doing it wrong.

Totally true.
I forgot to mention that a hobby of mine is to annoy Ravden/whatever he is now called

Back