• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Odds that the new matrix movie will be shit?

Parts 2 and 3 were shit, why would 4 be any different

THere was one good Matrix movie

I cant remember much of the Matrix as its been so long. I remember walking out of the 3rd one after half an hour, thought it was a pile of nonsense dialogue. At the time I was on a date with a big titty blonde and she wasn't feeling it either, so I was only too happy to hit a bar with her instead
Watch the first one again

Maybe I’m just a chauvinist, I don’t know, but I have little faith that the Wachowski Sisters will make a movie as good as the Wachowski Bros.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-25-at-10.23.06-AM.png
For gods sake give me the blue pill!!!

I found out that the Wachowskis were transitioning like a few years after they did it. I kept hearing Wachowski Sisters and was like “wtf” thought it was some major Mandela Effect.

The Matrix holds a special place in my heart. I want in completely blind on a date and was blown away. It's a fantastic movie that stood the test of time. That said it never needed a sequel and they were all garbage, this will be no exception.

The Matrix was obviously by far the best but the other 2 were pretty good. they suffered mostly in comparison, IMO

as for the new Matrix.... I am going to watch it no matter what. but my expectations are muted

btw - not that it really changes things but Lana is the only W sister directing the new Matrix. Lily is not involved.

I recently re-watched this for the first time since I saw it in the theaters way back

still a really good movie

I only saw it for the first time a few months ago, immediately showed it to another friend who also liked it. EXTREMELY underrated (or underseen?) moviefilm

I saw the original Matrix on a green gel tab and it was the greatest experience I've ever had in a theater

I wont waste a stick of chewing gum on this new one. I will watch it though, we have a quiet, cute, clean little hidden theater in our neighborhood. Its a 4 minute car ride away. It is always chill for matinees on weekends and we have the place to ourselves so I support it every chance I get and even moreso since covid started last year

I have Rocky I,II IV> III.

(Honestly a lot of Sherdog considers IV the GOAT)

The 4th one was just one super long montage. Also, they killed Apollo too damn easily. He just had two epic fights against Rocky not long before and apparently beat Rock in that friendly fight after 3. Then he literally gets murdered inside 2 rounds by an amateur. Gtfo sly. Rocky 4 was science fiction, lol.

Very little chance it’s good in my opinion. This is like Terminator, guys. One epic movie (in Terminators case two classics and yes I know both those films are superior to The Matrix by quite a bit but bear with me) and then nothing since has even approximated the level of quality.

Reloaded is like T3, passably entertaining but not very good. Revolutions is like Genisys or whatever other type of franchise nadir you want to mention.

would have been cooler to see Carrie Ann join up in the next John wick movie as some assassin helping Reeves and Fish.

I tend to think the big issue in both cases is that the franchises moves away from what made them good in the first place, relatively simple concept to hang an action thriller with well done characters.

People get so caught up in ideas and franchise lore then tend to forget the basic craft that attracted them to the films in the first place. I mean the original Matrix faced the criticism it was just ripping off Ghost in the SHell but you only have to look at shite like Johnny Mnemonic to see a few lifted ideas does not a good film make. Both the original Matrix and Bound I think show well written character thrillers rather than just ideas and action set paces.

The Matrix sequels were all grand sci fi ideas and action set peices but pretty empty character wise, just characters being tossed around by a plot thats not nearly as smart as it thinks it is.

considering everything outside of the original film was convoluted nonsense I think it's fair to say it will just be more of the same.

How many franchises have a 4th installment that's any good?

Rocky 4...... and that's about it.

And it was still worse than the first 3. But those 3 were so good that you could have a steady decline and still make a good movie.
I liked Rambo 4, I think? If that was the Myanmar one.

Toy Story 4 but that seems like cheating...

Does Fury Road count?

I think the universe in which the matrix is set has a lot of potential, for example for a spin-off with new characters and a well-crafted story (which is essential). Obviously they've decided to go the "bring old characters that everyone loves" route because that's what fills more seats and makes more $, but it's hard to get away from the "reheated old diner" feeling when that happens. The actors weren't very well-known before the first matrix movie; shows you can make something good with relatively unknown actors if the plot is good.

Probably will be bad but I love that genre so I'll watch.

One advantage they do have now I would say is that Reeves has devolped a lot more gravitas since the original films.

Back