Odds that the new matrix movie will be shit?

Very little chance it’s good in my opinion. This is like Terminator, guys. One epic movie (in Terminators case two classics and yes I know both those films are superior to The Matrix by quite a bit but bear with me) and then nothing since has even approximated the level of quality.

Reloaded is like T3, passably entertaining but not very good. Revolutions is like Genisys or whatever other type of franchise nadir you want to mention.

would have been cooler to see Carrie Ann join up in the next John wick movie as some assassin helping Reeves and Fish.

The original was a story written by 2 trans women about a man coming out. In the original script the character Switch was a man on the Nebuchadnezzar and a woman in the Matrix. In the sequels Neo fights a generic man in a suit who's literally trying to make everyone just like him.

Unless they stop the movie to dump political lectures into the lens it would be hard to out woke the first ones.

On subject, my expectations of a 4th are pretty low.

LOL you are reaching really hard to find a "woke agenda" in the original Matrix films. I guarantee 99.9% of the people who saw those films did not make those connections.

Besides, the whole movement against Hollywood's woke agenda is only important to a select few internet nerds that reside in echo chambers that are convinced that white men don't have any kind of power in this world. People with actual lives don't give a shit.

That being said I have heard the Wachowskis claim that the original Matrix stories were about coming out. If that's what they were going for, again.. 99.9% of people didn't catch it. For me it was a marriage between sci-fi/kung-fu/eastern philosophies.

The Wachowski sisters haven't made a good movie since they changed gender.

Maybe I’m just a chauvinist, I don’t know, but I have little faith that the Wachowski Sisters will make a movie as good as the Wachowski Bros.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-25-at-10.23.06-AM.png
Wish I'd saved my likes today for this post.

Also I always thought your username wqs 'low' talkin guy

<Fedor23>

How many franchises have a 4th installment that's any good?

Rocky 4...... and that's about it.

And it was still worse than the first 3. But those 3 were so good that you could have a steady decline and still make a good movie.
lethal weapon 4

This has all of the signs of a shitty movie in the making. Reviving a franchise after a 20-year break almost never works. Also, the Wachowskis are one hit wonders.

The first Matrix was great and V for Vendetta was ok. The Matrix sequels and everything else they’ve made since has been garbage.
rambo 4 bro

LOL you are reaching really hard to find a "woke agenda" in the original Matrix films. I guarantee 99.9% of the people who saw those films did not make those connections.

Besides, the whole movement against Hollywood's woke agenda is only important to a select few internet nerds that reside in echo chambers that are convinced that white men don't have any kind of power in this world. People with actual lives don't give a shit.

That being said I have heard the Wachowskis claim that the original Matrix stories were about coming out. If that's what they were going for, again.. 99.9% of people didn't catch it. For me it was a marriage between sci-fi/kung-fu/eastern philosophies.
ive never heard of that, i assumed the guy was trolling

I cant remember much of the Matrix as its been so long. I remember walking out of the 3rd one after half an hour, thought it was a pile of nonsense dialogue. At the time I was on a date with a big titty blonde and she wasn't feeling it either, so I was only too happy to hit a bar with her instead

And it was still worse than the first 3. But those 3 were so good that you could have a steady decline and still make a good movie.
4th Pirates of the Caribbean made it more Jack Sparrow, removed Bloom/Knightley bullshit, added Ian McShane and Penelope Cruz and keept Barbossa
Easily my fav PotC after the first

Mad Max: Fury Road has been probably the best reboot i ever seen, and on general probably one of my fav movies in last 10 years

Ash vs the Evil Dead has been weird but awesome experience, while the skeleton was'nt solid gave us more Ash Williams

I liked the 4th Rambo movie too

Needs sick gunplay of the first, otherwise...meh

It was 100% about coming out. The LGBTQ community has thrown their arms around that film for years. The Watchowski sisters have overtly said as much. Just because a lot of people missed it, doesn't mean it wasn't there.

There aren't many, but...

Rambo 4
Lethal Weapon 4 was decent
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes was decent
Mission Impossible 4 was better than 2 or 3
Star Trek 4

Back