• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oddballs you've encountered while working? :>

Luthien

https://a.co/d/04IClbs My Newest Horror Book!! ^.^
@Steel
Reaction score
We all got em :)
We all love em... :)

I'll go with a recent example, there is this very sweet young lady that is hyper religious and has been a client
of mine for a few months now :)

I'm a devout christian myself, but this girl fits her faith into every sentence she speaks :D

She will randomly quote scripture (fairly loud at times) while working out and with a total deadpan expression say things like Praise Jesus!

Not a problem for me as she is super sweet and puts in the work, something to snicker about though :D

@paynebringer
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN
@Sir Galahad

Once had a patient that was having a diabetic incident that thought he was a pirate. One of the funniest calls I ever did.

Once had a patient that was having a diabetic incident that thought he was a pirate. One of the funniest calls I ever did.
<{1-8}> This I gotta hear more about!

We have a lady that calls in her ice machine not working every single day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Once a month I have to explain to the boss why i haven't "fixed" it yet.

This has been going on for 13+ years....

Ice machine ladies aunt also works there. She doesn't touch light switches. When she goes in a room and the lights are out she calls us saying the lights don't work. We've all showed her 100 times where the switch is but she refuses to touch it herself. If the room is dark she turns the TV on and works by the TV light until we get there.

Last edited:
I didn't get to work with this guy directly. But he biked into work every morning and would freshen up in the bathroom.... which included him dunking and washing his feet in the toilet bowl.

One guy I did work with was actually sleeping in the Chase Tower (downtown Milwaukee) for a few months. At night he would raid the fridge and eat many folks' TV dinners.
In the morning you'd see toothbrush bristle 'spray' on the mirror in the bathroom.

Worked with a few women who made bogus assault claims. One did it on a guy who would always itch his butt and adjust himself. It was crazy because HR still had to take it seriously. And it went on his record even though EVERYone was saying there was no ill intent behind it.

The same woman had to watch her mother's dog when her mom went on vacation. And during the day told 3 different people 3 different things that happened to the dog (it ran away, they had to put it down before her mom came back because it was biting everyone, and that she just gave it back to her mom).
I sat near her and heard her tell these tales to different people and thought "what loon is this clueless that doesn't get people can hear her lying".

We have a lady that calls in her ice machine not working every single day. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Once a month I have to explain to the boss why i haven't "fixed" it yet.

This has been going on for 13+ years....
:eek: haha 13 years?!

I didn't get to work with this guy directly. But he biked into work every morning and would freshen up in the bathroom.... which included him dunking and washing his feet in the toilet bowl.

One guy I did work with was actually sleeping in the Chase Tower (downtown Milwaukee) for a few months. At night he would raid the fridge and eat many folks' TV dinners.
In the morning you'd see toothbrush bristle 'spray' on the mirror in the bathroom.

Worked with a few women who made bogus assault claims. One did it on a guy who would always itch his butt and adjust himself. It was crazy because HR still had to take it seriously. And it went on his record even though EVERYone was saying there was no ill intent behind it.

The same woman had to watch her mother's dog when her mom went on vacation. And during the day told 3 different people 3 different things that happened to the dog (it ran away, they had to put it down before her mom came back because it was biting everyone, and that she just gave it back to her mom).
I sat near her and heard her tell these tales to different people and thought "what loon is this clueless that doesn't get people can hear her lying".
Ew!! the toilet feet guy o_O

My wife is a physical therapist and she had a lady (who wasn't insane) crap her pants while driving into her appointment.
She was mad at my wife for not being able to schedule a different appointment for her.

Claimed she got stuck in traffic and couldn't get to the bathroom. She messed her pants, came into the office indignant about it and said "it's YOUR fault this happened... so now you get to deal with the smell!" .... they kicked her out and told her to never come back.

..............Whoops! Not a coworker.

Oh boy here we go

Current job

The screamer - randomly screams/curses at random moments

The boxer- shadowboxes at work and says he hast fast hands (which he does honestly)

The drug dealer- talks to customers while at work

The alcoholic- smells like piss and i think he is homeless

And thats just my current job

Now if i start talking about construction....

<{1-8}> This I gotta hear more about!

Dude was in keto. Which gave him an altered mental state. Some folks react to it differently. This guy manifested himself as a drunk pirate. Every response was ended with an Arrrgh!! and a jolly chuckle. Wanted to know where his parrot was. We thought he legit had a bird flying around the house the way he went on. Then the wife informed us there was no bird. When we began treatment, he start to sing like a pirate. It was mostly mumbled nonsense but every so often it was, "yarrgh, ahahaha mateys!"

Like I said, it's hilarious while trying to conduct yourself in a professional manner, but even the wife was having fun with it. Once we got him conscious and alert again, another good laugh was had by all as we told him all the stuff he was saying. Good dude.

Oh... one younger guy named Hans who was clearly drunk at work every day.
People were going to his manager saying "you need to do something".... one day he had little drips of blood coming from a corner of his eye.
He died that night when he collapsed after leaving a bar.... and supposedly froze to death.

This was Milwaukee.

My wife is a physical therapist and she had a lady (who wasn't insane) crap her pants while driving into her appointment.
She was mad at my wife for not being able to schedule a different appointment for her.

Claimed she got stuck in traffic and couldn't get to the bathroom. She messed her pants, came into the office indignant about it and said "it's YOUR fault this happened... so now you get to deal with the smell!" .... they kicked her out and told her to never come back.

..............Whoops! Not a coworker.
Haha that is fine!
<{1-17}> What a stinky situation!

arabs washing their feet in the bathroom sink

Oh... one younger guy named Hans who was clearly drunk at work every day.
People were going to his manager saying "you need to do something".... one day he had little drips of blood coming from a corner of his eye.
He died that night when he collapsed after leaving a bar.... and supposedly froze to death.

This was Milwaukee.
Kinda sad
RIP Hans :(

I also have a former boxer that is severely punch drunk. Nice guy, works hard, but will randomly yell incoherent things and go on tangets that make literally zero sense whatsoever. He was knocked out by really hard hitters around a dozen times. Has something like 50 pro fights back in his day.

Seeing this guy at work every week makes me both astonished, and simultaneously terrified for Overeem.

Does he post Sherdog Threads? :rolleyes:
Not that I know of. It would sadly probably take him 50 minutes just to figure out how to set up an account. The CTE is really bad. But he still works hard.

There is a guy that appears to be so dumb it is mind blowing, and he does not appear to be handicapped.

His wife drops him off at work, and he walks home every day 2 miles. When the weather is poor, sometimes people give him a ride. He mentions that driving is very stressful for him and he avoids it at almost all costs.

He said that his heat broke and he couldn't get ahold of his landlord for 3 days last month. He had his wife take him to the store and buy fire wood for heat (IDK if he has a fire place). I later found out that after his family went without heat for 3 days, the thermostat was turned to "off".

There are tons of these stories I pick up on from him.

Back