Opinion Obama - "Not everyone who is disturbed by immigration can be branded Racist"

Is Obama right here?

• Total voters
He sounds right on.
Come to America, make an effort to blend in.

My buddy is a high school teacher. There are quite a few kids from Africa attending the school, and since they've never had access to showers before, they don't use them. The other kids taunt them mercilessly because they smell awful.
That's not racism, it's societal standards they should get used to.

Learning English is beneficiary but it should not be made the official language of the US. And older immigrants have a hard time learning any language. This was true of many European immigrants to the US also.

English should be the official language in America and your trolling is too obvious to say otherwise.

the one time Obama unites the left and right

English should be the official language in America and your trolling is too obvious to say otherwise.
Why ? What difference does it make? People still go around conversing in English. Why do you need official recognition?

Why ? What difference does it make? People still go around conversing in English. Why do you need official recognition?

So everyone knows who's boss.

Politicians only say rationale shit when they are out of office

Which candidates have openly said they are for open borders? I haven't actually seen any names come up in this entire thread.

There aren't any. Its a republican talking point-- a lie.

Which candidates have openly said they are for open borders? I haven't actually seen any names come up in this entire thread.

Hillary Clinton for one. It's the prevailing view amongst the political and social elite but they don't talk about it openly that often.

Last edited:
Obama deported more illegals than Bush and Clinton combined. And Democrats supported him doing it...it didnt become "racist" until the bad orange man won the election.
What you are leaving out EH is that all the other things he has said in conjunction with is why alot of people see trump as racist. But full disclosure, I too support the notion that being concerned about immigration on it's own merits doesn't define a racist.
Second point though, America has no official language. No official religion. No official culture... etc.
Speaking English, Spanish or pig Latin shouldn't disqualify anyone from otherwise legally becoming a citizen imo. Maybe the people migrating are wanting to learn teach and be as productive as any other member once they are here. Or maybe they can do what ever they please so long as it doesn't break any laws that you and I also must follow.

What you are leaving out EH is that all the other things he has said in conjunction with is why alot of people see trump as racist.

You mean the other made up bullshit by Democrats and the media? Like, them saying that he said all Mexicans are rapists when in fact he was talking about MS13...

He sounds right on.
Come to America, make an effort to blend in.

So are you claiming that Mexicans, who started immigrating in the 1990s are assimilating than Europeans did 100 years ago? Is the Mexican community now really that different than the Italian Community in the 1930s?

Do you realize that you are comparing immigration based on scholarships and achievements to worker immigration?

So are you claiming that Mexicans, who started immigrating in the 1990s are assimilating than Europeans did 100 years ago?
Well obviously that's what I'm saying, it's what I wrote in the post.
tenor.gif

Is the Mexican community now really that different than the Italian Community in the 1930s?

Do you realize that you are comparing immigration based on scholarships and achievements to worker immigration?
I'm not.
I'm saying there's an obvious need for immigrants to make attempts to join the culture they've entered. And doing so has obvious benefits.

Obama deported more illegals than Bush and Clinton combined. And Democrats supported him doing it...it didnt become "racist" until the bad orange man won the election.
According to the right , and even some mainstream media, that figure is misleading. Because under the Obama administration the definition of "deported" included illegal immigrants who were turned back after they crossed the border, i.e. "Catch-and-Release". It was NOT applied exclusively to illegal immigrants who were residing here.

WASHINGTON — Immigration activists have sharply criticized President Obama for a rising volume of deportations, labeling him the "deporter in chief" and staging large protests that have harmed his standing with some Latinos, a key group of voters for Democrats.

But the portrait of a steadily increasing number of deportations rests on statistics that conceal almost as much as they disclose. A closer examination shows that immigrants living illegally in most of the continental U.S. are less likely to be deported today than before Obama came to office, according to immigration data.

Expulsions of people who are settled and working in the United States have fallen steadily since his first year in office, and are down more than 40% since 2009.

On the other side of the ledger, the number of people deported at or near the border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-deportations-20140402-story.html

Last edited:
Obama was solid on immigration, overturned generations of bad policy, and Trump is a natural follow-up to that legacy.

I believe Hillary due to her compromised position, would've been more inclined to follow the policies of the Bush, Clinton (and previously Reagan) dynasties, in importing cheap labour for the bosses.

Bull shit!

It’s the progressive wing of the democratic parties platform!

You’ve heard it. They want to abolish ice, and all who step across will never be sent back.

You mean the other made up bullshit by Democrats and the media? Like, them saying that he said all Mexicans are rapists when in fact he was talking about MS13...
You can lick his boots all you want EH. There are far more comments than that and if you dont believe he is a bigot then I'm not going to be able change your mind with any words or posts or links. I just wonder at times what would he have to do to lose your vote. I believe he could spin anything and you would believe him tbo.

Bullshit!

It’s the progressive wing of the democratic parties platform!

You’ve heard it. They want to abolish ice, and all who step across will never be sent back.

Look at these smackdowns (sorry, last video is shit but that is indeed his position). As a closet Bernie sympathizer, I'm sure you'll appreciate it Happy. :p

You do know that the numbers your talking about were because of a change in how they were calculated right and who was counted verse not counted if they were turned away after just a few days at the border hold? And that the actual trajectory has been the same for over 2 decades?!

Look at these smackdowns (sorry, last video is shit but that is indeed his position). As a closet Bernie sympathizer, I'm sure you'll appreciate it Happy. :p

Yeah Bernie is great until he is pressured by the far left indentitarian mob.

Eugene Debbs is my hero and in many ways Bernie nails his views. In most ways. But you can’t let this crazy, “I hate white people” mob ruin this great nation.

Then this country would be shit, just like all the other third world shitholes.

Back