• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Obama: “Don’t wait for a Savior...America doesn’t need a Messiah.”

Your scripture has your prophet god man predicting he would return and initiate the golden age within the lifetimes of his friends. Doh!

“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (Matthew 24: 25-34)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven. Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place… (Mark 13:26-30)

“Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near. Then He told them a parable: Behold the fig tree and all the trees; as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. (Luke 21:27-32)

<YayKpop>
Muslim apologist detected! LOL!

Although I’m certain your sole intention is to mock, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, at least once.

If you’re at all genuinely interested in some serious analization of the verses you’ve quoted, I’d start with with your preferred internet search engine.

Don’t fool yourself into believing you’re the first person to ever bring up these particular verses.

You know the rightwing used to sarcastically call Obama the messiah, which was a sarcastic dig at liberal support for Obama. You do remember that right.
And you talk like Obama isn't a Christian himself. He is part of the Christian community.

https://www.wnd.com/2013/11/school-lesson-portrays-obama-as-messiah/
No, I don’t remember, as I wasn’t into politics back then. It sounds to me as though the Right was mocking Obama’s support group, whereas Obama is clearly mocking an entire Faith here.

Please explain to me how Obama is Christian...
giphy.gif

Muslim apologist detected! LOL!

Although I’m certain your sole intention is to mock, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, at least once.

If you’re at all genuinely interested in some serious analization of the verses you’ve quoted, I’d start with with your preferred internet search engine.

Don’t fool yourself into believing you’re the first person to ever bring up these particular verses.

Avoid useless dualism, as it is the tool of the rube. Hating Christianity, yet loving Islam, a religion which stole large tracts of semitic and christian belief systems among others, would be foolish.

Christians have never been able to square the circle in regards to Jesus' own words on his return. This very fact led to absurdities like the Wandering Jew, and other such nonsense. Jesus thought the world (he, like the other uneducated tektons of his time, would have known about very little outside the Roman Empire) was ending very soon, as he thought he was the messiah, to rule as king of kings at the right hand of the power, as he put it. He was quite clear on this, unlike most of his other inane preachings.

Source(s)?

I don't need to show pew or UN data, do I? Look at the rates of violence in secular nations throughout Europe, and contrast that with the USA, Africa, The ME or any other area where religious institutions have more power.

If you're honest, you would see that the fruits of the 21st century are much more amenable to happy healthy lives in comparison to the fruits of the 6th century and before.

America does need a savior. Our society is broken, we need someone to bring about some unity. No shock that Obama doesn't get that.

No, the people need to save themselves by uniting as a whole. No one person or group can do this alone.

It's amazing to me that shit stains like @Lord Palis and @NakamuraNutShot are content with posting bullshit lies and then circle jerking each other, knowing full well that what they say is blatantly incorrect

Unless God intervenes. You are correct.

I think we've well established one of three things - there ain't one, it doesn't give a shit or it's an evil cunt. Any way you flip it, it ain't looking good here

The only thing I have a problem with in that line is the word "alone." Because we can do nothing without God.

Goes to show how much of a narcissist cadet bone spurs is, I don't know why Christians blindly follow him. He's not Christian at the slightest

So a Christian man says America doesnt need a messiah? What in the world? I get Christians sin and all that and are tempted like any other man or even more so, but a Christian saying anybody doesnt need a messiah is completely asinine
I find Obama's statement slightly offensive. He had to have known what he was saying goes against a lot of people's beliefs. He's not clueless.
I think the implication is that we shouldn't be looking for a human messiah (one charismatic leader) to solve our political problems. We all have to do our bit.

Seems pretty clear (and true) to me. Didn't hurt my head to figure out.

Was is also a side eye at certainly strain of radical Evangelism with its unhinged "end times" interpretation of all contemporary political events and characters? Maybe. But it's not like this type of thinking doesn't exist and doesn't deserve to be descried.

717yxKp5r8L._AC_UL320_SR212,320_.jpg

Whatever this rot is, it is certainly a perversion of legitimate Christianity.

Not clueless, just Muslim.

I love how the right can simultaneously smear Obama for being the wrong sort or Christian, going to the wrong Christian church, having the wrong preacher, etc. ... and for being a full on Muslim (even though he drinks beer and eats pork... and doesn't pray towards Mecca, go to a mosque, fast during Ramadan, go on hajj... you know, those things Muslims seem to like to do).

You've gone full troll-tard.

Nothing more to see here, move along.

Last edited:
Obama is anti-Christian.

In his last speech he mocked prayer.

Now America doesn't need a Savior? When the only one who can save our country is Jesus Christ.

Jesus is dead. Time to move on. Get over it!

It's so funny to me when people irl say; "I can't believe those racists think Obama is Muslim."

Ever since I found out that you actually believe those white tiki torches wielders were actors pretending to be racists everything you post is funny to me now.

This post in particular... lol

Ever since I found out that you actually believe those white tiki torches wielders were actors pretending to be racists everything you post is funny to me now.

This post in particular... lol
@Lord Palis is a legitimate moron who attempts to cover it by occasionally pretending to only be pretending to be a moron.

I'm sure a bunch of American Christians will be outraged at this, all while living their lives just according to how the Satanic Bible preaches that you do. Not many followers of Jesus around when you actually look at how they behave.

Back