Oatmeal, Protein

718Glock9

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I started taking whey protein the other day and a friend of mine suggested that I mix the protein with oatmeal and bananas for a good breakfast... I tried that this morning but failed miserably... Has anyone else heard of this mixture? What order to I put the ingredients in? Thanks for any help you guys can give.

How did it fail miserably? Was it the taste? I've heard that you should add one scoop, but I think that's too much.

well it came out all chunks of protein powder... then i tried mixing the water and the protein together before boiling the water and that didn't work either... the taste was horrible too...

When i put protein in my oatmel is gives it a nasty chalky texture..i really dont like it.

make the oatmeal first, then mix in the protein and add in a little bit of water if you need to. also, if your using chocolate powder, thats pretty nasty....i like it alot more with a vanilla powder, so you might wanna try that kind if you dont like the taste....i love the taste of oatmeal with vanilla pwder

haha nah its vanilla... thanks alot though wenispinkle I'll try that tomorrow morning

you could always...gasp...eat the oatmeal and drink a protein shake

no I know, but I don't particularly like oatmeal you know what I'm saying? I'm not a complete idiot guys.

What about throwing the oatmeal and protein in a blender? I think I am gonna try that after my morning workout.

I tried mixing vanilla protein with cottage cheese once, it was terrible.

Throw that shit in a blender. It'll be real unattractive otherwise

wenispinkle said:
its more fun to just mix shit together

lol, yeah.

I just eat things seperatly though...it saves me a bunch of hassle of trying to make it taste alright.

wenispinkle said:
make the oatmeal first, then mix in the protein and add in a little bit of water if you need to. also, if your using chocolate powder, thats pretty nasty....i like it alot more with a vanilla powder, so you might wanna try that kind if you dont like the taste....i love the taste of oatmeal with vanilla pwder

That totally makes sense. I was adding everything together at once...big mistake.

Oatmeal blended with 2 scoops of chocolate whey, a tbsp of natural peanut butter, and water was decent. Plus it saved me the hassle of actually using the microwave.

Breakfast:

1.0 Banana
1.5 Cups, Skim Milk
0.5 Cups, Nonfat or Fruit Yogurt
0.75 Cups, Oats
0.25 Cups, Wheat Germ
1.0 Tbl, Peanut Butter
1.0 Tsp, Honey
1.0 Tbl, Phyto Green Foods
25g Protein Powder or 50g MRP
Ice

Blender.

LCDforMe said:
lol, yeah.

I just eat things seperatly though...it saves me a bunch of hassle of trying to make it taste alright.

Same, they say shit like mix your protein with bananas and other crap for extra calories. It's easier to drink down a protein drink, and then eat other food after.

I actually tried mixing my protein + banana in a blender, it came out super thick. It was kinda hard drinking it down....cause of thick texture.

It's generally not a good idea to boil your protein powder. The heat may denature the protein and affect the quality of the protein that you'r e ingesting.

Sherdog_Mutt said:
It's generally not a good idea to boil your protein powder. The heat may denature the protein and affect the quality of the protein that you'r e ingesting.
I do the same thing, I add some splenda and skim milk to mine and it taste fine.

grapling101 said:
I do the same thing, I add some splenda and skim milk to mine and it taste fine.

I think Sherdog_mut meant that boiling the protein may affect its molecular structure or something like that.

Back