• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NYT Article: "New Hampshire, 94% White, Asks How Do You Diversify a Whole State?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this silly revisionism aside, most people don't want to move to NH or VT because it's super fucking cold there during the winter, there aren't as many jobs there, the towns themselves are generally "small, sleepy towns," and the housing/medicine/infrastructure is aging as fast as its population. Turns out most people like having opportunity, stuff to do, and when there's not 8 feet of snow that they have to shovel in their driveways. But welcome to the exciting sport of mental gymnastics. Obviously, it's super helpful :rolleyes:

Excellent points.

I lived there for a decade, and still have a place there. 20 mins away from me I can buy every African, Asian, and Middle Eastern food ingredient I could ever need. 2 hrs away I can get the best Nepali food in the U.S. 40 minutes away I can get Hungarian and Greek, decent hand made dim sum, and authentic dingy Mexican tacos from numerous dingy Mexican places mades by Mexican dudes and chicas. PLenty of other shit. My place is in the middle of nowhere; almost Deliverance-esque in it's solitude, Joe.

This whole thing is a bunch of nonissue social redesign bullshit. NH has massive per capita concentrations of Nepali, Africans, and Middle Easterner's. Does this wacky dame want NH to end up a shithole like Colombia, or gawd forbid even worse, Boston? This chick needs to go back to Mass. The Latinos in NH have more respect and honour than the typical flatlander trash-of-all-kinds you find across the border, which is probably why they never talked to her in Spanish.

They're called Massholes for a reason. Even the ones from Colombia. And they're always trying to fuck w/ NH.

Live Free or Die
- you're in the wrong place you dumb dingbat broad!

Researching my potential spot for retirement a few weeks ago, I saw several 50-100 acre properties up there in NH for like $100k-$250k, that's cheap as fuck for New England.

NH also won't tax my pension, which makes the state very attractive to me.

My plan is to run a small CSA, or if the growing season up there proves to be too short to make a living, a kennel.

I'm guessing the winters are what's keeping people hesitant about moving there. I have yet to see a house that doesn't have at least two wood stoves.

yeah there are. There is a dream property in VT - about 45' from Saratoga and Lake George, NY. Sick house on 800 acres. hnnnnng.
Its $850K tho....

big picture, sure, there is a lot of that going on, but I don't see that unfolding itt.

Well, I wasn't commenting on your conversation, I was commenting on the OP.
The NYT does an article on demographics and enconomics which fits broader "pro diversity" identity politics, and Fox responds to the story with reactionary conservative identity politics.

Well, I wasn't commenting on your conversation, I was commenting on the OP.
The NYT does an article on demographics and enconomics which fits broader "pro diversity" identity politics, and Fox responds to the story with reactionary conservative identity politics.
I saw it NH was taking steps to address the challenges is faces and FOX and NYT took it upon themselves to make it about identity politics.

I saw it NH was taking steps to address the challenges is faces and FOX and NYT took it upon themselves to make it about identity politics.

Sure, it's a similar story throughout the developed world, but the nature of this particular coverage strikes me more as revealing the current lightning rod topics in America's political landscape.
Immigration and diversity (with diversity becoming a loaded term).
The underlying story of trying to attract workers because of low fertility rates and/or economic growth is pretty straight forward, but the growing partisan divide over identity politics is reflected in this coverage (and a lot of the conversation that goes on here).

lol at TS abandoning this thread

I made this thread 4 days ago. In that time it was dumped, then brought back and merged with another thread with a different title. I said what I wanted to say in this thread and the usual suspects showed their ass.

Besides I work for a living and don't have time to argue on Sherdog for 4 days straight. It would be unhealthy for a thread on an MMA message board to take up that much space in my head.

Sure, it's a similar story throughout the developed world, but the nature of this particular coverage strikes me more as revealing the current lightning rod topics in America's political landscape.
Immigration and diversity (with diversity becoming a loaded term).
The underlying story of trying to attract workers because of low fertility rates and/or economic growth is pretty straight forward, but the growing partisan divide over identity politics is reflected in this coverage (and a lot of the conversation that goes on here).
That's the point, and that's why this liberal editorial is to blame. They very presumption of its foundation is racist if we put that shoe on the other foot.

After all, nobody can object to a state government acknowledging a general problem indicating a need to attract more workers or increase the birth rate. But why is "diversity" required to achieve that? If minorities are a ripe group to attract, then it is rational and race-blind to pursue them, and diversity will organically follow as the solution to material problems. Pursuing diversity for the sake of diversity is what racializes this.

The argument being forwarded by that racist bitch is that nonwhites find areas with too many whites intolerable. Isn't that precisely the "there goes the neighborhood" white flight phenomenon that liberals so robustly criticized as emblematic of white racism? Liberals are the architects of this philosophy. In that case, blacks wanted to integrate, because they understood the opportunities and advantages of integration, which was the incentive, and many whites responded hysterically by leaving when the foundation for their excuse was that property values went down, but when you inspected many of these neighborhoods, that wasn't true, and more often the opposite was true.

Yes, maybe now you realize why I ride you so hard about asserting a financial basis to justify public political lynchings (as of Alex Jones or Donald Sterling) when that basis doesn't exist. My knowledge and personal experience of this American history has educated me to the dangers of thinking like that, and taking for granted rationales that do not exist; a slippery slope sliding into a confirmation bias swaddled in the comforting warmth of righteous mob consensus. When we are most confident and comforted is when we need to be most on guard.

Now minorities don't want to integrate because #NewHampshireSoWhite? How does that make sense? New Hampshire has plenty to offer. If they see minorities as a potential population to attract, great, but there's no need to assert this lack of diversity is the sickness preventing diversity. Circular logic. That just belies the same racist, tribal mindset the speaker is seeking to condemn. It prescribes a sickness by race rather than a cure. New Hampshire is only so white, her logic entails, because white Americans are so hostile, unwelcoming, unfamiliar, and therefore racist. The lack of diversity has become evidence of racism itself where racism is the disease, and a lack of diversity is merely a symptom.

By that logic, Howard University is more racist than New Hampshire. I'll be waiting on that editorial. Any day now.

yeah there are. There is a dream property in VT - about 45' from Saratoga and Lake George, NY. Sick house on 800 acres. hnnnnng.
Its $850K tho....

That same 800 acres in my area of Pennsylvania would run you probably $2mil - $3mil.

largest US city.

most densely populated US city.

easily arguable as the most diverse location on earth.

3rd lowest murder rate of large US cities.

ill accept your cherrypicking of singular events as a concession that you do not know the answers to my questions. you can have the last word.

Detroit, 84.3% black. Asks: how do you diversify a whole city?

Oh, there's absolutely a difference. On one side you have the identity politics of oppressed minorities, and on the other side the reactionary identity politics of a conservative majority (who are about to lose that status).

Yeah, you're just demonstrating once more the liberal entitlement complex to moral authority over matters of race dispute. The first stone thrown isn't racist if it comes from the favored side.

You're missing the point, and seeing only what you want to see. Racist identity politics will never beget a solution to racism: from either side.

But of course it will play really well with the more sensitive white posters on this site who never pass up an opportunity to play victim. Sad, very sad.

The white nationalism is getting THICK, and only growing.

When I say 'white nationalist' I'm not using the term interchangeably with supremacist such as the types of people who would ideologically identify with neo-nazism, post on forums like Stormfront or pick up a tiki torch on their way to the Klan rally, the laughably vast majority ain't got time fo dat anyway.

I'm 'merely' talking about those with strong concerns over maintaining majority demographic, political and (perceived) economic dominance. That type of tribalism and the anxieties born out of it are essentially human nature. You needn't actually feel superior to, nor necessarily hate anyone... to start.

I maintain extraordinary skepticism over the apparent strategy of left wing ID politics to stack every last 'non-white' racial and ethnic group into some kind of homogeneous bloc in unified opposition to the insititutional oppression of "whiteness" that the right exploits at every last opportunity. Now that is one hell of a social construction, it doesn't really work like that in the real world. And it's being done a good couple of decades too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back