NYPD shoots man for refusing to take hands out of pockets

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Queen B, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

http://pix11.com/2015/01/17/police-shoot-armed-man-in-east-flatbush/

We know many unarmed people have been killed for this reason, but you cant really blame the officers for expecting aggression.

2. Queen B

Queen B Silver Belt

Another officer was killed for a similar reason.

When an officer tells you to take your hands out of your pockets, and then draws his weapon, I think its a pretty good idea to do so.

http://fox2now.com/2015/01/15/body-camera-captures-final-moments-of-police-officers-life/

3. j98

j98 Brown Belt

The article doesnt say anything about the driver pointing the gun at them, so they shot this guy for operating a cab without a licence or some shit? Just like they choked the guy to death for selling cigs without tax?

I wouldnt blame the driver for keeping his hand on a weapon when police are nearby, they have a proven history of killing people for no reason. look at eric garner, and the recent video in the war room, the boyd shooting. they are dangerous people and you should always be on alert and scared for your life when they come to "talk" to you.

4. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    With such astute observation, surely you have some idea why K-mart let you go. Hey, their loss, bro.

5. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

Grazed his right arm? Can these cans please tighten up their standards at the range? And I can't have a worthy opinion on the shooting without seeing how it went down. It may have been unnecessary, it may have been very necessary.

6. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

I can never tell if people are trolling, have some kind of strange vendetta against police that takes their common sense out of play or are just really dumb when they make statements like this... Or if it's a combination of the three.

7. j98

j98 Brown Belt

Fitting avatar

btw it was sears, not k-mart. get your facts straight. I have too much self respect to work at a place like k-mart. jeez

8. j98

j98 Brown Belt

all I see in the news regarding police is negative, all I ever seen in real life regarding police have been negative, so all I can do is assume negative things about them.

9. Bukowski82

And that's your opinion... Which is fine. But surely you must realize how ridiculous that statement you made is. I refuse to believe anyone really thinks a cop killed this man over cigarettes. Is that what you believe?

10. OldGoat

OldGoat Red Belt

Why are police even in the business of interfering with a private transaction between adults? It's none of the state's business. Oh, I forgot, it's about revenue.

11. Bukowski82

It absolutely was the police officers business and someone like Eric Garner doesn't just decide he's not going to be arrested for doing something he doesn't see a problem with when it's against the law. People will be taken under arrest by force... every... single.... time if resisting. Hopefully, police are better trained to do so without seriously injuring citizens in the future. But they had every right to use force to arrest him (Not a chokehold) and you seem to be confused about the job of Police Officers. It's to enforce the law... Your beef is with the state, not the people sworn to uphold those laws. If you want to argue about the states cigarette regulation, that's a topic that has nothing to do with the Police. How is it that you don't see that? I disagree with you on most issues, but you're not an idiot... Or do you see it and just feel compelled to keep spouting rhetoric which is completely ridiculous because you dislike police?

12. livingdeadmoose

livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

The police are in their rights to shoot you for reaching for your weapon. You don't need to pointing it at them. If they always waited until the weapon was draw and aimed, they are too late.

13. livingdeadmoose

livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

Even a trained shooter can make mistakes. Especially in real life self defense situations where fear and adrenaline are pumping through you.

14. cleetus

cleetus Rockstar

15. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

Even in Iraq we knew to carry a drop weapon.

16. Bork

Bork Purple Belt

This isn't completely true. There's plenty of reason to believe that the police will be aggressive, choose not to deescalate a situation, and/or be negligent. Not to mention quotas and profiling that surely rustle communities as well.

Well, they definitely can be looked into for violating the 4th amendment. See the CDP or Floyd, et al. v. City of New York. Then there's simply violating the dept's regulations and not getting dealt with due to a negligent administration. Plus, a population can scrutinize the police if it believes they are using more force than necessary in general.

Personally, I don't know why people keep using Garner in their arguments. There are much better recent cases.

17. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

I name all of my drop weapons. I have gone through three of them. Mostly, snub-nosed .38s with tape around the grip. I am currently carrying one I call the Stoic 1. It is a beat up 1911 Colt with "Stop reading my mind-Get out of my head" written on the taped grip.

18. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

No tin foil wrap, Bro?

Dissappoint.

19. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

Now you're just talking crazy. The guns don't need to be protected from thought readers.

20. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

It's interesting how so many of the last year's cop shootings were shown by videos to be done in a total panic. The gas station shooting in Ferguson (guy runs backwards and trips), the gas station shooting elsewhere when the cop unloaded on the guy (he couldn't hit the earth on a high gravity day), Wilson's generally poor aim at Michael Brown (which was one major factor in my believing his story btw). One other I saw as well but can't recall. It seems cops are about as likely to panic as they are to keep their cool. Hope I never have to face that.