"Nunes is going to be aggressive and rush at Ronda"

Dr John Smith

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Whenever someone brings that up a reason as to how Ronda is going to get the armbar on Nunes, I end up perplexed. It's like they stopped watching Nunes' fights after the one with Cat. They either don't know or ignore her more controlled approach against McMann and Miesha, who have a far less feared rep grappling-wise than Ronda. They think that she's incapable of applying Holly's strategy on any level, when she does just that against McMann and Tate.

On another note, it's annoying how they bring up past conquests of Ronda taking down Nunes to illustrate how Ronda could similarly pull it off, despite their takedowns and hers aren't similar. Ronda doesn't shoot and she doesn't suplex anyone. The only one who has managed to successfully take down the current Nunes was Shevchenko, who has taken down Holly, and she did it while Nunes was gassed.

Not a fan of Rhonda, but she wins easily

Nunes punches like a dude. Ronda is going to lose via loyalty to Edmond's brand of shitty boxing.

I don't care how Nunes wins, as long as she soes. When Ronda retires hopefully they will move the entire WMMA roster to Invicta.

Oddly enough, Ronda's best bet is probably to wait Nunes out. She has the gas tank of a skateboard.

Ronda "the Mike Tyson of WMMA" aka "Edmond's Project" Rousey...

Makes me roll my eyes too, while Nunes is still an aggressive fighter she's a lot more patient and controlled since her loss to Cat. She spent 4 minutes of the 1st round trading potshots on the outside against Shevchenko, and folks still think she's going to charge in winging wild punches from the opening bell. I guess it's possible that the pressure gets to her and she loses her composure like most of Ronda's opponents, but so far it's 4 fights & counting where she's stayed patient and attacked hard only when she had her opponent hurt.

As for takedowns, Shevchenko got a caught kick to leg sweep at the beginning of the 2nd which Nunes managed to reverse, and the clinch takedown in the 3rd after Nunes gassed out. Caught kicks ain't happening with Ronda but the clinch takedowns are interesting since Nunes has some habits in the clinch which can be exploited by Ronda. BJJ Scout did a nice video breakdown of this, I've time stamped the video to start at the relevant part. For me, the fight is a complete tossup, both fighters have clear weaknesses which can be exploited by their opponent's strengths. It's kinda like a HW fight where the first one to land clean wins.

People are sleeping on Ronda's striking. Obviously she doesn't want to trade with Nunes but she has some good strikes of her own. Ronda can definitely strike her way into a clinch with Nunes

I'm far from a Ronda fan but i do think she will beat Nunes. Ronda has more tools to win regardless of her current mental game.

On another note, it's annoying how they bring up past conquests of Ronda taking down Nunes to illustrate how Ronda could similarly pull it off, despite their takedowns and hers aren't similar.

Reread that, what past conquests , Ronda never fought Nunes...

And I think if Ronda cant finish this fight in the first 3 min , she will get finished after that . Wonder if she goes back to Hollywood
060215-UFC-Actors-Jerry-Ferrara,-Ronda-Rousey-and-Jeremy-Piven-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.32.jpg

People are sleeping on Ronda's striking. Obviously she doesn't want to trade with Nunes but she has some good strikes of her own. Ronda can definitely strike her way into a clinch with Nunes

Yeah how did that work against Holly?

This fight will look like the Nunes vs Mcmann.

Ronda keep try get the takedown and with her terrible striking she will get caught

Nunes should literally run away from Ronda for the better part of the first. Untill she lands couple of good ones while Ronda tries to glinch. Then it is downhill for ronda again.

Back