"Nunes is going to be aggressive and rush at Ronda"

Never been a ronda fan, but this is the most excited I've been for a wmma fight in a while.

Did you even read the OP?...
1) Ronda can't take down AN because Tate and Sarah couldn't.{<jordan}
2) Shevchenko Took down AN because Nunes was tired.
IiK0w3Y.gif

I think that's it.

Did anyone ever figure out wtf Cat was trying to do against Ronda?

1) Ronda can't take down AN because Tate and Sarah couldn't.{<jordan}
2) Shevchenko Took down AN because Nunes was tired.
IiK0w3Y.gif

I think that's it.

I'm not saying she can't take her down.

But everyone is talking as if they know Nunes will rush her even though Nunes stopped doing that in her recent fights.

Cute gif.

I dont see how anyone can be confident about how this fight is going to go. Even if you believe Ronda's ability will trump Nunes' skill,we dont know if its the same Ronda anymore. Or Ronda could come in super strong and Nunes could still win. We gotta wait and see lads.

Nunes is stronger, hits harder and much better on the ground than Holm.
does that matter to you?
In no fucking bizarro world is Nunes stronger than Holm.
She certainly hits much fucking harder, but she was bullied in the clinch a much, much smaller fighter in Schevchenko, who gave up fighting against Holm in the clinch because it was tiring her out. Holm was winning the clinch against Valentina, the 18 time Muay Thai Champion, on sheer fucking strength alone, which is something that Nunes couldn't do.

Ronda only has one way to win this fight, and that's the only way she knows how: eat shots on her way into a clinch and judo throw and go for an armbar. All this weird ass pad work with count Edmond ain't gonna mean shit when the bell rings

Yes it does. Not liking a specific WMMA fighter is not misogyny. However if you despise an entire roster because of their gender that is 100% misogyny and pure hatred towards women.
Call it what you will but I think people just get pissed when you have a PVZ and Michelle Waterson FOX card main event. They sure push it down the consumers throat enough and it's a joke of a main event. Why can't wmma have separate cards from the men?

Watched the Nunes-Tate fight over and I was surprised how sloppy Nunes was early on. Only after stunning Tate did she lay out her pin point striking barrage.

She also got taken down very early, but Miesha has better wrestling takedowns than Ronda.

If I were Nunes, I would set up the takedown and lay on some ground and pound. A BJJ blackbelt shouldn't be afraid of arm bars. I'm just not at all confident in Nunes striking right now.

Ronda's throws aren't likely to matter in the first. Nunes is too strong and explosive early. she'll most likely explode back to her feet and continue lighting Ronda up on the feet like against Tate.

I don't think Ronda has the heart to weather the storm that Nunes brings.

Now now calm down a second. From what did you conclude that? She kept coming and fighting Holm after getting her nose busted up.
In-ring Ronda's mental strength "heart" isn't low.

In no fucking bizarro world is Nunes stronger than Holm.
She certainly hits much fucking harder, but she was bullied in the clinch a much, much smaller fighter in Schevchenko, who gave up fighting against Holm in the clinch because it was tiring her out. Holm was winning the clinch against Valentina, the 18 time Muay Thai Champion, on sheer fucking strength alone, which is something that Nunes couldn't do.

I think strength is close between Holly and Amanda, at least in the 1st round when Nunes is still fresh. In the Shevchenko fight, Nunes was able to clinch & muscle her down to the ground in the first round before running out of gas and getting ragdolled by Valentina in the 3rd. I think Nunes is as strong as anyone else in the 1st round, but she starts fading in the 2nd and is running on fumes by the 3rd.

OP is correct that Nunes will not rush Ronda. She will want the fight at kickboxing range, landing heavy leg kicks, then eventually the kill shot once Ronda's mobility is impaired. Ronda wants the fight against the fence, where she does her best work with knees, short punches, and the trip or throw into side control. Whoever can impose their preferred range on the other will likely win the fight. Nunes doesn't have the footwork or speed that Holly Holm has, is not as elusive, and that's why people say she will not able to emulate the Holm game plan - but she has her own style which is very dangerous as well.

I hope Nunes can do it, but this match up is almost tailor made for Ronda.

People keep saying this about every fighter rousey could fight except for holm and cyborg i guess

after zingano i think most would avoid that

Ronda is amazing with her armlock but if she gets Nunes on the ground in a dominant position I think she should focus on GnP for damage. She has just sort of thrown weak shots in the past to open up other opportunities. Pretty sure Amanda will fade fast if she is worked over on the ground and that sub will come easier after.

I think strength is close between Holly and Amanda, at least in the 1st round when Nunes is still fresh. In the Shevchenko fight, Nunes was able to clinch & muscle her down to the ground in the first round before running out of gas and getting ragdolled by Valentina in the 3rd. I think Nunes is as strong as anyone else in the 1st round, but she starts fading in the 2nd and is running on fumes by the 3rd.
I can see your points. To me, shows the difference between explosive strength and overall strength. Holm was still stronger than Val in the clinch well into the late rounds, with not much left in the tank, even after absorbing an absurd amount of shots to the legs, body, and face. Meanwhile, 2nd to 3rd round Nunes was offering no resistance to a fighter that should be fighting at 125... And that Rousey would mop the floor with at any time in the clinch.

Back