Nunes is a BJJ Black Belt , what's Ronda way to victory ?

What comps are you doing?

Are these some judo medals? Because these don't look like any BJJ comp medals I've ever seen. Certainly not IBJJF or NAGA, for sure.

The top are various judo, including USA Judo medals. The bottom are all from Europe, where I spent time training. Also, I competed many years ago so the medals may look a bit different but the USA Judo medals are unmistakable.

I'm away for Christmas, when I'm back home I'll gladly post more pics. I've got coins from NAGA, BJJ, and various regional grappling comps as well.

Well my background is from judo and I have been eating BJJ blackbelts for years so it all depends on circumstances and competitive abilities.

What does this even mean? Your started and trained heavily in Judo but are training BJJ now? And if yes, how long and what belt? And post some pics of your medals.

Generally most recreative judokas in the US sucks and if a random shodan goes to a competitive BJJ academy then they usually get smoked in ne-waza! Its the same if you send a random recreative judo blackbelt to a highly competitive judoclub in France or Russia they will get rekt on the ground and everywhere.

No, because most don't compete, even in highly competitive BJJ gyms. But the Judo-only shodans, usually get beat by most of the BJJ blues.

Judonewaza is not the same as BJJ though and when I do randori with most BJJ blackbelts and I pin them they never escapes so I can just hold them down forever if I prefer.

Then who are you?

You are seeing things in isolation, in judo there is usually less spezialised guardgame because we will bypass that by throws like Ronda does in her MMA fights. If you learn how to use throws then you will get other transitions to the ground and can go directly to the submissions or dominant position/pins.

Why are you explaining to me elementary concepts like it's some big deal here? You make it sound like when a BJJ gets a takedown, they stop, shake hands and start sparring again because they don't know how to take advantage of the takedown, transitioning into dominant position to setup for the submission or something.

Like I said, Honda doesn't have much to deal with in WMMA. If Judo is so awesome, you'd think she wouldn't get so ragdolled like this, with her Olympic whatever BS:

"If Judo is so awesome, you'd think she wouldn't get so ragdolled like this, with her Olympic whatever BS"

This last sentence is clearly a proof that you are either an idiot or drunk when you wrote this post! So your evidence that judo sucks versus BJJ for MMA is that a 80 pound heavier professional MMA male trained in jiujitsu AND judo can handle Ronda in grappling???

Look I have limited patience with morons, but I am making a modest contribution to a little troll clean up here at Sherdog now around Christmas time so here is my offer to you; If Nuñes beats Ronda before full time I voluntarily shut down my account and vice versa if Ronda wins before full time you leave voluntarily without any butthurts whatsoever. If wins by decisions in either direction we declare a draw and both stays! The same goes with no-contest, pullouts before fight etc.

Not that I think you have balls enough to accept the challenge though...

"If Judo is so awesome, you'd think she wouldn't get so ragdolled like this, with her Olympic whatever BS"

This last sentence is clearly a proof that you are either an idiot or drunk when you wrote this post! So your evidence that judo sucks versus BJJ for MMA is that a 80 pound heavier professional MMA male trained in jiujitsu AND judo can handle Ronda in grappling???

Look I have limited patience with morons, but I am making a modest contribution to a little troll clean up here at Sherdog now around Christmas time so here is my offer to you; If Nuñes beats Ronda before full time I voluntarily shut down my account and vice versa if Ronda wins before full time you leave voluntarily without any butthurts whatsoever. If wins by decisions in either direction we declare a draw and both stays! The same goes with no-contest, pullouts before fight etc.

Not that I think you have balls enough to accept the challenge though...

You're a little wuss who just ignored everything I posted because you couldn't make any arguments. And that was the point of Helio Gracie's evolving Judo's newaza into BJJ to have a much better chance vs. someone much bigger, genius. As proven by Honda getting ragdolled during standup.

And I don't even like Nunes, so why should I bet anything. What a stupid wager.

People underestimate Ronda way too much after one loss, she's by far the best grappler in top level WMMA.

Explain why Ronda who only trained Judo for most of her life has way more sophisticated chains on the arm bar than 80% of the BJJ population? If BJJ is evolved Judo? Waiting.

Judokas, at least the ones who specialize in Newaza have very fast transitions, their ground game is more explosive since thy have very little time to make something happen before the ref stands them up.

Ronda's problem is the path to beat her is crystal clear and there is such a stark difference between how Holly fought her and everyone else did that anyone who didn't do the same thing as Holly should be earning social security because they are officially retarded.

It doesn't matter how crystal clear it is if you don't have the skillset to do it. It isn't just some grand coincidence that Holly Holm is an elite professional boxer . You can't just say "go in there and do what Holy did ". It is a lack of respect for her skillset which happened to be perfect for Ronda.

Standup i think she gets obliterated, Nunes is a savage and can take a punch herself.

On the ground i think her BJJ can nullify Ronda's judo.

Oh boy
BJJ black belt... do you mean like Alexis Davis?

look at mir vs nog

nobody expected that mir could handle nog on the ground.
and in my opinion japanese judo is way higher than bjj.
look what japanese mmartists accomplished vs bjj....sakuraba etc

that doesnt mean that rowdy will win, but she has a good chance, if they are in the clinch she is able to use her superb technique to submit her.

Well your opinion is retarded. Saku beat royler (much smaller) Renzo (legit) and fought Royce with a gi for 90 mins, all the while avoiding the ground. Arona almost killed saku by the way. Saku was not a judoka, he was a catch wrestler, an outstanding one but overall he was a hell of a fighter. Judo has created very few successful Mma fighters, Bjj has created a shit ton of champs, so basically facts>your opinion.

Standup i think she gets obliterated, Nunes is a savage and can take a punch herself.

On the ground i think her BJJ can nullify Ronda's judo.

Oh boy

Just because she's a blackbelt? Rousey has a 30 second win over a BJJ black belt. And as for Amanda's individual skills, what have you seen from her that makes you think she can take Ronda on the ground? She was stopped by Cat down there, and in one of her more recent fights she couldn't even finish off a Thai boxer (Shevchenko ) on the ground no matter how long
she kept her there. Nunes also fights with her heart (rather than her head) and is impetuous, and Ronda's whole game is exploiting mistakes.

You're a little wuss who just ignored everything I posted because you couldn't make any arguments. And that was the point of Helio Gracie's evolving Judo's newaza into BJJ to have a much better chance vs. someone much bigger, genius. As proven by Honda getting ragdolled during standup.

And I don't even like Nunes, so why should I bet anything. What a stupid wager.

You are clearly an moron that has been drinking large quantities of the kool-aid from the Gracies; Gegard Mousasi has trained judo since the age of 8, his original martial art base! He is a much larger professional MALE spezialised in grappling since young age and you expect that Ronda should beat him or something? LMFAO...

Guys, Ronda is somethings special, is not her judo is not her Bjj is not her striking she is.An special fighter, for fuck sakes, she destroyed competition before the way no one did, granted very shallow but no one ran through competition the way she did. Nunes is a great fighter but no much better than the rest of competition, and you can see that reflected in her record. Now, can she beat Ronda? Of course she can, Ronda should be the favorite though, and I have no doubt that if it goes to the ground, Ronda is going to maul her. I hope not though, cause I don't like Ronda a tiny bit.

Judokas, at least the ones who specialize in Newaza have very fast transitions, their ground game is more explosive since thy have very little time to make something happen before the ref stands them up.

Everyone seems to forget this.

Back