Nuclearlandmine's journey to detonation V1: I hate douchebags

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOW SERIOUSLY.... I BROUGHT OVER THIS ONE OF YOUR POSTS FROM THE "FATIGUE" T, WHICH--IMO--IS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING vvv

The guy in BLUE (RED'S opponent) explains a good portion of my pretty much unchallenged success against boxer-style opponents.... The hands-up guard, the herky, jerky head movement, skipping around, striking skill,? all this conventional boxing stuff is useless against traditional karate....

The import of your vid post, is the Blue's stuff I described above is also useless against the SAAMAG-trained boxer (RED guy). I'm impressed....

I definitely want to take a close look @ this vid, really, really top notch exposition of what you (SAAMAG) are advocating.....

FWIW, and for further clarification because you obviously missed the first clarification in that thread, the guy in red (Arnor) is not trained by SAAMAG, nor myself primarily. He learned the bulk of what he does from my partner Dadi, and I'm helping to refine it now.

way to generalise... and a video of you dominating boxing based opponents would be welcomed if you're going to claim things like that

That's legit. Notice, however, how you all come pouring in even before my post (on RED Guy) re Nuke's demo vid of SAAMAG trained boxer, is finished.... :confused:

And the comic books then follow.... 2x * facepalm * >>>I even italicized my last post in honor of TheStrikingGuy.... someone just invited me to comment on his DIAZ/CONDIT analysis.... guess they slipped up.... :icon_surp

Nuclearlandmine's striking T has, in a very short time, eclipsed & trumped the errr, long, drawn out musings of many @ the striking forum.... NOW THAT'S REALLY NOTEWORTHY.... Isn't he rather new to boxing?

Seems like he had a natural gift for fighting intelligently, that is if you're not all in the same hot tub.... :D

KarateStylist

CONTINUING....

BLUE guy is the typical type of boxing opponent I can take apart with elemental karate principles....

RED guy is a different story....

Here's my short list of what I would find challenging about RED guy, should I find myself in BLUE guys spot...
  • 1. RED guy's guard is fairly tight to center;
  • 2. RED guy strikes very well from the lead hand, and does not rely on the stupid jab as gospel.... Particularly his lead cross that curves which make it harder to anticipate & intercept....
  • 3. RED guy's combos are good. This is as opposed to single technique that are good; or combos that are poor.
  • 4. RED guy stands & exchanges, versus the normal towards 100% move away or constant back-peddling upon any move by your opponent....

The RED guy is the kind of opponent I would really have to apply myself against in order to win....

still not finished observing....

KarateStylist

Thats all well and good, but before you get carried away remember this -

1) This is a boxing match, so he's not thinking of countering karate techniques, as many of them are illegal in boxing.
2) The style he used is probably partially tailored to combat his opponent - a boxer, presumably of different size/style/tendencies to you - if he was to fight you, he'd probably do it differently
3) Posting a theory on a forum is all well and good, but doesn't prove that you can execute it - I could probably find a theory to beat Baukaw (given enough time) , but he'd most likely KO me regardless.

That said, I'm sure it'll make an interesting read regardless :p

@Nuke - Dont ever complain about being punched too hard. Instead, re-evaluate your defence/technique - Whether that be guard style, foot work, or blocks, that is up to you, but just be grateful of the guy giving you a stark reminder to react to punches etc :) Not tryna be rude to you at all, it's advice, I do it myself all the time, even when people accidently hit me when I hold the pads. It helps me stay switched on, and I'll never pass an opportunity to work on my defense.
About your sparring partner himself - Did you talk to him? How long has he been training? Are you sure it was intentional? I have a friend who is one of the nicest guys I know, but come sparring, he throws hard shots accidentally...
Try to discuss it with him and explain, isn't that what martial arts is about? If not, make sure he doesn't hit you again :p

FWIW, and for further clarification because you obviously missed the first clarification in that thread, the guy in red (Arnor) is not trained by SAAMAG, nor myself primarily. He learned the bulk of what he does from my partner Dadi, and I'm helping to refine it now.

^^^ The "heavies" can produce "heavy hitters," is that the moral...?

>>> I will say I have never stood up against anyone of that, the RED GUY's technical caliber.... at least they didn't or haven't demonstrated it so to me....

I did detail my short list, just above 2 posts, on the difficulty I would face against your style, or rather your partner's boxing style. Also note how quickly I evaluated him--trained by Pros, RED GUY, by no means complete on my part....

Someone like RED Guy, who has no overt weaknesses {other than boxing & that remains to be seen}, is a true contest and any mistakes on my part would be at least a round-failing against an opponent like that....

EDIT: I see a response on the 'short list' just above....

KarateStylist

Last edited:
And the comic books then follow.... 2x * facepalm * >>>I even italicized my last post in honor of TheStrikingGuy.... someone just invited me to comment on his DIAZ/CONDIT analysis.... guess they slipped up.... :icon_surp

KarateStylist

Here's the thing, this thread is not about Condit/Diaz, TheStrikingGuy, what Machida could have done against Jones, or Karate principles. Its about 1 man, and his journey through boxing. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here's the thing, this thread is not about Condit/Diaz, TheStrikingGuy, what Machida could have done against Jones, or Karate principles. Its about 1 man, and his journey through boxing. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does he box? I thought he was a kick-boxer or something ha (not nit-picking, generally curious.)

1) This is a boxing match, so he's not thinking of countering karate techniques, as many of them are illegal in boxing.
2) The style he used is probably partially tailored to combat his opponent - a boxer, presumably of different size/style/tendencies to you - if he was to fight you, he'd probably do it differently
3) Posting a theory on a forum is all well and good, but doesn't prove that you can execute it - I could probably find a theory to beat Baukaw (given enough time) , but he'd most likely KO me regardless.

/ * chop */

On the highlight, that's because the pack cannot fathom traditional karate. So you attack the person rather than face you own weakness....

SO, ...Thats all well and good, but before you get carried away remember this - by the nums.......

1) Tang Soo Do sparring, that I employ, is most generally punches and kicks--so we are on common ground there; self-defense is a separate training module @ our dojang.... I rely heavily on hand strikes, all closed fist....

2) Huh? Well then if RED Guy is going to change, then I'll meet the change. You haven't been progressing after all I've written on mental discipline.... However I will admit, your approach would likely totally confound other competitors in your circle....

3) It's forum, by definition not provable. Yet another good example of mental discipline trumping a feint {boxer tool}, smoke & mirrors {ninja tool}.... ha ha.

What you have proven is that you {plural} can put up good rhetoric, which absolutely proves nothing.....

KarateStylist

AND, so why didn't you, why don't you, allow him to respond to the comment I made in support of the style & approach he's adopted, upon which I was completely complimentary.... :confused:

Can't stand honest competition??? Is that it {strike that, the obviousllll}?

EDIT: and also showing respect for another style not of my choosing....

KarateStylist

On the highlight, that's because the pack cannot fathom traditional karate. So you attack the person rather than face you own weakness....

SO, ...Thats all well and good, but before you get carried away remember this - by the nums.......

1) Tang Soo Do sparring, that I employ, is most generally punches and kicks--so we are on common ground there; self-defense is a separate training module @ our dojang.... I rely heavily on hand strikes, all closed fist....

2) Huh? Well then if RED Guy is going to change, then I'll meet the change. You haven't been progressing after all I've written on mental discipline.... However I will admit, your approach would likely totally confound other competitors in your circle....

3) It's forum, by definition not provable. Yet another good example of mental discipline trumping a feint {boxer tool}, smoke & mirrors {ninja tool}.... ha ha.

What you have proven is that you {plural} can put up good rhetoric, which absolutely proves nothing.....

KarateStylist

Yep, always good to hear a tradition karate view point, especially since I train Muay Thai so my experience with karate practioners is limited to say the least

1) ahh fair enough there

2) I just meant that it is therefore pointless to critique his style in a way to show how yo would beat him

3) Fair enough, you sounded rather too confident that you'd be able to take the boxers :p I most likely jjust said it wrong

Wasn't really attempting to prove anything my friend, just though I'd bring a few key points up :) I've never seen you fight or anything, so I wouldnt dare attempt to prove that you wouldn't be able to beat him, or that TSD is an inferior style. :)

That's legit. Notice, however, how you all come pouring in even before my post (on RED Guy) re Nuke's demo vid of SAAMAG trained boxer, is finished.... :confused:

Nuclearlandmine's striking T has, in a very short time, eclipsed & trumped the errr, long, drawn out musings of many @ the striking forum.... NOW THAT'S REALLY NOTEWORTHY.... Isn't he rather new to boxing?

Seems like he had a natural gift for fighting intelligently, that is if you're not all in the same hot tub.... :D

KarateStylist

Why do your posts never actually seem to be relevant to the question or point that preceded them?

You ramble on in a condescending manner but never actually prove anyone wrong. Post some videos of you picking apart "boxing based" guys or stop spewing shit about traditional karate trumping it. The comments about karate are almost never necessary and you use any excuse to bring it (karate) up.

A little update with the douchebag situation: thanks to the footage, i was able to sort of convince the two instructors (one convinced, the other still sort of think that i started first) there that the hard spar on Tuesday was because of the douchebag's instigation. Predictably enough, he said to the instructor that i hit him hard first. Yes, as if those love tap on his gloves actually HURTS. But today the douchebag wasn't there, so i was not able to beat him up :mad: Instead i was able to have some works done with my issue regarding when fighting with people in the same southpaw stance, so it was all good. I hope he's going to be in on Tuesday next week though, so that i could just pummel him :icon_twis

what happened? whyd u have to convince them of anything? sorry if I missed it

edit: nvm read it..you shouldnt ever "tell" on your sparring partners even if they are douches imo

Guys, do Nuke a favor and don't reply to KarateStylist, at least in this thread. If this is going to be his only thread for training updates and form checks for the foreseeable future, it would probably be appreciated if we didn't give KarateStylist opportunity to fill it up with his trolling.

Your movement still looks very "choppy." Staying on the balls of your feet will help smooth things out. Also as someone else pointed out more even weight distribution would be optimal.

Im not touching the hands subject... however I would like to point out that most people who are intentionally trying to keep their hands up still have problems with them dropping to low, so take that for what its worth if you do intend to eventually start training with your hands in the correct position.

I asked in your other thread but I dont think you caught it. Do you plan on giving mma bouts a go? If you are then you should really consider squaring up your stance. That lead leg has low single written all over it.

Your movement still looks very "choppy." Staying on the balls of your feet will help smooth things out. Also as someone else pointed out more even weight distribution would be optimal.

Im not touching the hands subject... however I would like to point out that most people who are intentionally trying to keep their hands up still have problems with them dropping to low, so take that for what its worth if you do intend to eventually start training with your hands in the correct position.

I asked in your other thread but I dont think you caught it. Do you plan on giving mma bouts a go? If you are then you should really consider squaring up your stance. That lead leg has low single written all over it.

He addressed that in his other thread, I believe. And his weight distribution looks to be somewhere between a 60-40 and 70-30 back leg-front leg ratio, which is appropriate for the stance he's working on.

He addressed that in his other thread, I believe. And his weight distribution looks to be somewhere between a 60-40 and 70-30 back leg-front leg ratio, which is appropriate for the stance he's working on.

I Guess I didn't catch that, so nuke is planning on fighting in an mma bout?

He trains in BJJ as well and spars under MMA rules, so I would assume that's his eventual goal.

Fuck you KS. Like seriously, this is my personal thread and you decided to stink it up?

My advice is next time you spar with him focus on you first then him. Focus on your technique and make him play your game. If you go in with the mindset of getting payback or trying to embarrass him you will lose your technique.
Similar to when guys land that good right hand and then become Chuck Liddel in their mind and abandon all other techniques and just hunt for the right.

Thanks for the advices. I'm guessing i am making my annoyance TOO noticable around here with the douchebag issue. Technique and inititive is what i am practice at the moment, it is just that it is fueled by.....well, annoyance of another human being :)

Its fun to watch your progress, you look a lot more comfortable and fluid and it might just be the angle but it looks like your stance has gradually become slightly more square on and its noticeable in the way you move around the bag.

I believe it is still very bladed. It is just that sometimes i couldn't move around the bag and stay in my stance correctly long enough :mad:

what happened? whyd u have to convince them of anything? sorry if I missed it

edit: nvm read it..you shouldnt ever "tell" on your sparring partners even if they are douches imo

It just cleared the way for future sparring session. Yes, i know the way dealing with it is a bit unconventional, but here's a few background infos that i didn't speak about.
1. The main instructor did have the impression that i am a hard-only sparring kind of guy. The sparring vs the douchebag excercabated this status. This stemmed way back during the session when i spar with him (the 5 or 6th thread or something). Also:
2. Almost everybody in the gym knows what happened that day when me vs douche, but up to yesterday nobody knows that who make it hard first. That + the first one = misconception that i started it, which make my status even worse. And i don't want that.
Again, this is just to clear out the way so that i could spar that hard again in the future against the douchebag without anyone thinking that i am a non-controllable bastard.

Wait, since when my stance look like i could get lead leg kick and single leg = vulnerable in MMA? It is not like i could coordinate my defense or something. Look at Machida, would you like to tell him about that? C'mon, a stance looks vulnerable =/= it is actually vulnerable.

@Nuke - Dont ever complain about being punched too hard. Instead, re-evaluate your defence/technique - Whether that be guard style, foot work, or blocks, that is up to you, but just be grateful of the guy giving you a stark reminder to react to punches etc :) Not tryna be rude to you at all, it's advice, I do it myself all the time, even when people accidently hit me when I hold the pads. It helps me stay switched on, and I'll never pass an opportunity to work on my defense.
About your sparring partner himself - Did you talk to him? How long has he been training? Are you sure it was intentional? I have a friend who is one of the nicest guys I know, but come sparring, he throws hard shots accidentally...
Try to discuss it with him and explain, isn't that what martial arts is about? If not, make sure he doesn't hit you again :p

I had that happened yesterday. Assistant instructor managed to bust my upper lip up :rolleyes:
The issue is just being blown out of proportion, now i that i look at it. I did said about how i was really annoyed with him during the class, so when he hit me with that hook it just flipped my switch. His condesending attitude afterward made it worse. And come Tuesday next week i will try to be friendly with him, shake hand or whatever, and spar hard against him. And i am trying my best to refine my game to make sure he doesn't hit me that hard again :cool:

Wait, since when my stance look like i could get lead leg kick and single leg = vulnerable in MMA? It is not like i could coordinate my defense or something. Look at Machida, would you like to tell him about that? C'mon, a stance looks vulnerable =/= it is actually vulnerable.

Your not machida, anyone who's been wrestling for six months would be salivating at the mouth to fight someone so willing to give them such an easy takedown. Coordinate your defense? I think you may need to stop over thinking this. Your going to have a much easier time sprawling or taking away you're lead leg if you would stand more square. You would also be able to move faster if you would try fighting on the balls of your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back