Nuclearlandmine's journey to detonation V1: I hate douchebags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've browsed through your recent threads and in my opinion you're over-complicating things. As much as recording footage and getting feedback from guys here may be beneficial, reading your posts it seems to me you're looking for some kind of shortcut, unfortunately there's none. You post disclaimer about knowing your lack of basic technical attributes and still throughout your video series your improvement in this regard in my opinion is marginal. As I said I think you're over-complicating things, knowing the fine details won't hurt but I think they shouldn't be your main focus, because they're most not the most important thing in the long run. I'm not trying to discourage you from posting in any way, don't misunderstand. I'm just almost certain that you're overburdened with (useful) information and you're trying to do many different things at once while you should be working on solid 1-2 and such. Just my 2 cents, best luck in your training.

The thing about what i am learning is that it is pretty much basic and foundational. I never once think this is a shortcut. It is a common misconception around here about my threads. Never once i have trying to do fancy shits, only just rudimentary details about this striking style. Yes, i might look like i am overburdening myself, but in reality i am just ironing out kinks and faults on a foundational level, one step at a time. All i am working right now is getting the basic punches/combo right, the footworks/movement correct and how to apply it in a real sparring situation. That's about it.

You complained to your instructor about your sparring partner? :icon_neut

Well... good luck in the future Nuke.

Not exactly. I was pulling the fake apology thing and "i want to spar like that more". The only reason i showed the footage to them because it will sort of get rid the impression that i can only go hard without the ability to go light (because up until that hook, i was going light), and to show that i wasn't the one instigate the whole thing. It is just to clear out the way for future sparring sessions.

Not exactly. I was pulling the fake apology thing and "i want to spar like that more". The only reason i showed the footage to them because it will sort of get rid the impression that i can only go hard without the ability to go light (because up until that hook, i was going light), and to show that i wasn't the one instigate the whole thing. It is just to clear out the way for future sparring sessions.

Honestly, it wasnt that hard of a hook. It would be wise to just shrug those things off because you're going to get hit in sparring regardless. Even in controlled situations sometimes people accidentally throw one hard punch or two by instinct.

Also, your head was turning right into it, so maybe he didnt throw extremely hard, but you were in a bad spot to get hit. It happens.

Sorry, I didnt read the other thread so if this has been done to death just tell me.

Honestly, it wasnt that hard of a hook. It would be wise to just shrug those things off because you're going to get hit in sparring regardless. Even in controlled situations sometimes people accidentally throw one hard punch or two by instinct.

Also, your head was turning right into it, so maybe he didnt throw extremely hard, but you were in a bad spot to get hit. It happens.

Sorry, I didnt read the other thread so if this has been done to death just tell me.

Sure, it might not look like it, but the punch hurts. Also, if you notice, one of the instructors already told him off about going easy before he decided to swing it. You see how noticable my body shake when i get hit? Compare that to the straight and body i tag him with.

And yes, it has been done to death.

Honestly Nuke, don't take the hard punch so seriously. You'll end up letting your emotions affect you composure in your next sparring match, and either end up going too hard yourself, or breaking under pressure. Throughout your training, people will hit you harder than they're supposed to. It's the nature of striking that sparring escalates throughout the round as each punch is countered with one slightly faster and harder. Like I said before, let this guy be your test. You can let his attitude motivate you to improve to the point where you can consistently beat him, but if you focus too much on not liking him, your technique will likely suffer every time.

Just be ready to get tagged again next time. Whatever you may feel about how appropriate or hard his punch was, you can only improve by being ready to take hard shots and knowing what hard shots feel like.

Honestly Nuke, don't take the hard punch so seriously. You'll end up letting your emotions affect you composure in your next sparring match, and either end up going too hard yourself, or breaking under pressure. Throughout your training, people will hit you harder than they're supposed to. It's the nature of striking that sparring escalates throughout the round as each punch is countered with one slightly faster and harder. Like I said before, let this guy be your test. You can let his attitude motivate you to improve to the point where you can consistently beat him, but if you focus too much on not liking him, your technique will likely suffer every time.

Just be ready to get tagged again next time. Whatever you may feel about how appropriate or hard his punch was, you can only improve by being ready to take hard shots and knowing what hard shots feel like.

I guess i am just trying to explain why i was so pissed about it. I mean if we agreed to go hard at the beginning it is a-ok. But i digress. Now i am focusing on using on my annoyance at his douchbagness as a motivation to train harder to beat his ass off next time, so don't you worry a thing.

Nuke or Douche? Who will get kicked out of the house first? :wink:

Sure, it might not look like it, but the punch hurts. Also, if you notice, one of the instructors already told him off about going easy before he decided to swing it. You see how noticable my body shake when i get hit? Compare that to the straight and body i tag him with.

And yes, it has been done to death.

That punch was what I would consider 'normal' sparring at Future Boxing. One thing you need to work on Nuke... is dealing with punches better

I agree on that. Right now i am trying to figure out where to put a double end bag at my house to train for that exact reason

I agree on that. Right now i am trying to figure out where to put a double end bag at my house to train for that exact reason

Just watched the whole sparring session. He was wide open for a left hook to the body almost the entire time. I think thats a punch you could capitalize on more. If you land that hard on anybody.. it will HURT.

Just make sure you lower your stance when you throw it.

My advice is next time you spar with him focus on you first then him. Focus on your technique and make him play your game. If you go in with the mindset of getting payback or trying to embarrass him you will lose your technique.
Similar to when guys land that good right hand and then become Chuck Liddel in their mind and abandon all other techniques and just hunt for the right.

.... Just watch the whole thing AND read the warning below:

WARNING: Please do not critique about how my hands should be up to my chin, or near my forehead, or at least one of my hands should be at guarding my chin when the other punch. Please take it seriously, as that had been done to death in the previous threads already. I REALLY shall kill a horse every time someone mention that.

^^^ get your hands up... get your hands up.... :eek:

NOW SERIOUSLY.... I BROUGHT OVER THIS ONE OF YOUR POSTS FROM THE "FATIGUE" T, WHICH--IMO--IS ONE OF THE MOST INTERESTING vvv
Actually no, you'd need to see it in action to be convince of how it works.
Look at the guy in Red. That guy trained under Sinister, who applied the same principals that i am learning that was laid by old school boxer. See how beat up the guy in Blue is?

EDIT: Take note of how the guy in Red seemingly NEVER puts his hands up to his temple and establish a high guard.

The guy in BLUE (RED'S opponent) explains a good portion of my pretty much unchallenged success against boxer-style opponents.... The hands-up guard, the herky, jerky head movement, skipping around, striking skill,? all this conventional boxing stuff is useless against traditional karate....

The import of your vid post, is the Blue's stuff I described above is also useless against the SAAMAG-trained boxer (RED guy). I'm impressed....

I definitely want to take a close look @ this vid, really, really top notch exposition of what you (SAAMAG) are advocating.....

>>>This is my 1st blush look, and on that I will pause on the note that BLUE guy is way outclassed....

KarateStylist

Last edited:
Its fun to watch your progress, you look a lot more comfortable and fluid and it might just be the angle but it looks like your stance has gradually become slightly more square on and its noticeable in the way you move around the bag.

The guy in BLUE (RED'S opponent) explains a good portion of my pretty much unchallenged success against boxer-style opponents.... The hands-up guard, the herky, jerky head movement, skipping around, striking skill,? all this conventional boxing stuff is useless against traditional karate....

KarateStylist

way to generalise... and a video of you dominating boxing based opponents would be welcomed if you're going to claim things like that

all this conventional boxing stuff is useless against traditional karate....

KarateStylist, I have secret to share with you

no-one-gives-a-shit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back