News NSAC Release Masvidal/Nate Diaz Purses For Boxing Match - Boxing REALLY Paying More?

Are fighters REALLY making as much money boxing?
I think Nate/Jorge were making that much if not more in UFC

ppv is what pays, base payment is nothing, McGregor got 2m as base vs Khabib

They both will be making millions

I mean, for a bout between two boxing nobodies, those aren't bad numbers.

I'd say Nate Diaz is more popular than 99.9% of all boxers even if it's a boxing bout.
Yeah, but he can't box. He's terrible. No one is paying huge money for him in a boxing match, against Jake Paul he just stood there.

To make money in boxing youd need to
Draw (x)
Be good at boxing (x)

Those purses are based on their mma value.
bingo. no one gives a shit about this fight and they aren't particularly good, so there's really no reason to buy it.

I'd say Nate Diaz is more popular than 99.9% of all boxers even if it's a boxing bout.
carlos cuadras is also more popular than 99.9% of boxers and still couldn't draw a dime. kind of a useless metric.

They will both be buying new yachts after this

Chris Avila making $210k... holy fuck his manager is amazing.
He is friends with Nate. One of those fake gangsters that can't really fight. Lobov walked him down... it was hilarious.

Hopefully he leaves on a stretcher but he is fighting Pettis so I don't think he would.

Are fighters REALLY making as much money boxing?
I think Nate/Jorge were making that much if not more in UFC

Mas hat just shows he’s a retard. Easy way to identify a moron.

This are 2 MMA guys, totally washed MMA guys, the sport has a lot to say about pay, or the business model, they are not exactly "getting paid", they are part of it, they will get a cut of the PPV probably bigger than whatever they could get in the UFC, that if the UFC does a PPV with them, which they are not, they would give them a similar purse and thats it.

Money is in boxing against an elite, not another MMA retiree.

Lol @ those who think these commission releases are reflecting a majority of what these two are getting paid, it's a small fraction.
This. People actually believed that Fedor only made $300K in his retirement fight against Bader. 😖

$500k and $300k for two fighters with one fight. Not including the back end (ppv, incentives, etc).

Can't speak for other organizations, but boxing pay shits on UFC pay. Conor made $100 million against Mayweather what more proof do you need? Never had a pro boxing fight in his life until then.

Final total Nates prob getting north of a Milly. Jorge just under a million

Back