NSAC making fun of Anderson Silva in the hearing (Video)

He may or may not have deserved ridicule. The ridicule shouldn't come from the official governing body of the sport. That hardly shows professionalism at a time we are all led to believe the sport is finally getting serious about PED usage.

I think to sit there with a straight face and take his claims at face value would betray a greater lack of seriousness. His claims were laughable. So they laughed.

This is a hearing?

And they think they are making fun of Anderson?

I believe him and I forgive him.

Call me naive, but I rather believe him and be wrong (making him a d*ck).

Then not believing him and being wrong (making me a d*ck).

With this attitude, though, you have to assume every human being is being truthful and innocent even when evidence suggests the opposite. Anderson tested positive for steroids so he gives a lame excuse about a mysterious tainted Thai sex drug instead of just admitting he used roids like hundreds of other MMA fighters. So if someone killed someone in what was obviously a cold-blooded murder, you'd believe them if they simply said, "They attacked me and I feared for my life; it was self defense"?

I think to sit there with a straight face and take his claims at face value would betray a greater lack of seriousness. His claims were laughable. So they laughed.

Exactly this. You go and insult peoples intelligence with ridiculous claims and bring no evidence with you, this is the result.

What a bunch of jokers. The suspension was fine in terms of time, but I dont agree with them taking that much of his payout. They took nearly 50% of the whole pay.

So that's Francis V. Aguilar.

Can they add in soccer kicks and knees to the head on the ground now?

Well they weren't laughing at his claims per say, rather at the ringtones of the callers who kept interrupting the hearing. Perhaps they'll use a portion of the $318,000 they took from Silva and spend it on a system that won't allow for such easy disruptions.

Well,at least now i believe what Pederneiras said about the NSAC guy that came in to test Aldo.Still can't believe this isn't some kind of prank.

Who seriously watches that and gets offended and annoyed? For real? Anderson is a grown man who made himself look like a child. His legal team didn't help. All those delays to build a case, and you come completely unprepared, literally making up lies on the spot. What else can you do in such a situation? I have nothing against Anderson but that's on him. These NSAC people, pricks they may be, were not the ones who played that music. It caught everyone off guard, and anyone with a sense of humor would have been thrown a little by that. They're not robots, just because they're in suits. Anderson put that on himself by providing a joke of a defense.

What a bunch of jokers. The suspension was fine in terms of time, but I dont agree with them taking that much of his payout. They took nearly 50% of the whole pay.

Sure, cheaters should get to keep all their money they've won from it, too. That will certainly deter everyone from doing it again. He's basically just got a few months off after all these delays. A normal break after a fighter has just competed. He's basically gotten off free with the time they gave him, and you want him to keep his win money too when the fight was ruled a no-contest? Right.

1. He isn't telling the truth. Even you know better.

2. Even if he is telling the truth, he is responsible for what he puts into his body. It is not a valid excuse.

3. If it were the truth he should have provided evidence that such was the case.

1. What if he is and was embarrassed to talk about it before?

2. He took it to get laid. I don't blame him at all.

3. He took it to get laid, not to save the bottle and show it around.

I don't know, but could be.

So, if there's a possibility of 0.00001 percent that Silva is telling the truth, you choose to believe him rather than ridicule him? In some ways that's great and all, but let's get real: Silva had no defense. He was all over the place when trying to state what happened.

I never took him for a good speaker:)

And there is a much bigger chance of him telling the truth than that:)

Can they prove to him that he is lying?

He needs to prove that he isn't lying, yet they don't have to prove that he is lying?:D

He needs to prove that he isn't lying, yet they don't have to prove that he is lying?:D

Obviously he needs to prove that he isn't lying, as the actual substances were found in his body, and that makes him guilty per evidence.

It's within the realms of the possible that he was using drugs to wake up his penis, and those were contaminated. But when you've got half a year to prepare your story, you better make sure you can make it plausible.

Andy couldn't. And it wasn't even believable to begin with.

Guilty as fuck.

Needs to be ridiculed.

Amazingly unprofessional. I can't even believe that they would do that. Seriously, Anderson's legal team should counter-sue just on principal.

That's how burden of proof works when you get caught. He tested positive for a cocktail of stuff, he made a claim for the source and did not back it up in any way what so ever. They already proved his guilt with test results, they have published the test results. He hasn't done his part in proving his ridiculous claims. He might as well have said he drank coffee and all of that stuff was in it. They also proved that he lied in the questionnaire.

Having a stupid excuse doesn't convince most people, that's why they pointed out clearly that they are not getting an honest account from Silva and that was one of the reasons they wanted to give him as harsh of a penalty as they could. He would have done better by admitting and genuinely feeling sorry. Now they saw him as a liar, they called him a liar, and gave him a liars sentence.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

Are you religious by any chance? Seems to me only religious people have trouble understanding the burden of proof.

He may or may not have deserved ridicule. The ridicule shouldn't come from the official governing body of the sport. That hardly shows professionalism at a time we are all led to believe the sport is finally getting serious about PED usage.

Exactly.

With this attitude, though, you have to assume every human being is being truthful and innocent even when evidence suggests the opposite. Anderson tested positive for steroids so he gives a lame excuse about a mysterious tainted Thai sex drug instead of just admitting he used roids like hundreds of other MMA fighters. So if someone killed someone in what was obviously a cold-blooded murder, you'd believe them if they simply said, "They attacked me and I feared for my life; it was self defense"?

No, I just have to be god damn sure, before I decide to condemn someone for something he might have done.

Besides I can't blame him for trying to save his legacy.

Judgement is a difficult thing.

I think people should be punished for bad things they do, but torture, ridicule and hate are the things I try to avoid.

I don't think any creature deserves eternal torture, this should tell you how forgiving I am:D

Back