NRA to Parkland Teens: You’re Only Relevant Because Your Classmates Died

You said the term MSM is used for victims and scapegoating

It often is.

It was Ripskater who was carded. It most certainly did happen. You were there

Ripskater was never carded for posting a right wing news source. People post right-wing news sources all the time.

He posted a whacked out propaganda conspiracy video while a tragedy was unfolding, and it was deleted and he was asked not to do that anymore. Then he posted it again just to spite the mod immediately after being asked not to, and was removed from that thread because he was too childish to follow the rules.

Then he went in another thread and posted it, and was reply-banned. Then he asked for his account to be deleted because his fake internet persona had grown tired.

His yellow card came from posting pictures of aborted fetuses, and for posting videos of cars running over liberals.

Race is relevant because the Media has a tendency to not cover black kids being killed but goes nuts over white shootings.

...black kids being killed has been one of the main focuses of the media for the last several years.

I understand this thought process. But what if you are a woman living alone and your neighborhood is being burglarized. Or maybe you have a creepy neighbor who you think is dangerous. 21 days could seem like a lifetime to her

Surely these are the kinds of thought patterns that get people killed. How much fear do people live in? Your neighbour is creepy so you must have a gun now (or in less than 21 days)?

I don't question your freedom to talk bullshit about people, I question your right to spread the truth about companies and institutions.

You might consider that beautiful I consider it arse backwards.

People in America can say damn near anything they want about companies. I've seen companies destroyed because short sellers spread fear and untruths about companies

How about a 21 day cooling off period on your first gun purchase. Then if you are on the cusp of killing someone you get 3 weeks to rethink if you really want to end their life (and yours).

If after 21 days you are still convinced then I don't think much will stop you.

giphy.webp

It often is.

Ripskater was never carded for posting a right wing news source. People post right-wing news sources all the time.

He posted a whacked out propaganda conspiracy video while a tragedy was unfolding, and it was deleted and he was asked not to do that anymore. Then he posted it again just to spite the mod immediately after being asked not to, and was removed from that thread because he was too childish to follow the rules.

Then he went in another thread and posted it, and was reply-banned. Then he asked for his account to be deleted because his fake internet persona had grown tired.

His yellow card came from posting pictures of aborted fetuses, and for posting videos of cars running over liberals.

...black kids being killed has been one of the main focuses of the media for the last several years.

There was no car running over people. The same type of videos were just posted again and the Mods said they were ok. The GIF he posted was not someone RAN over.

The videos he posted was from a news source you disagreed with

If you think the media has focused on black kids being killed as a main focus then you are a man on an island there. I'd say you might be the only dude in here that thinks that

How about a 21 day cooling off period on your first gun purchase. Then if you are on the cusp of killing someone you get 3 weeks to rethink if you really want to end their life (and yours).

If after 21 days you are still convinced then I don't think much will stop you.

haven't most of the shooters had more than 1 gun? I'm not against a waiting period (I think I had to wait 72hrs on the last gun I bought) but I'm just wondering if it would really make a difference in mass shootings.

haven't most of the shooters had more than 1 gun? I'm not against a waiting period (I think I had to wait 72hrs on the last gun I bought) but I'm just wondering if it would really make a difference in mass shootings.

A waiting period is only going to stop one thing - crimes of passion. Someone might decide that they've had enough and person XYZ has to die. They go and buy a gun and that very afternoon it has happened.

I am no psychologist but in mass shootings the person will have a long period where they are disturbed and, in the current climate, the only obvious solution to me is better culture around schools and for mental health. A waiting period will not help. Or not having access to a gun.

I don't question your freedom to talk bullshit about people, I question your right to spread the truth about companies and institutions.

You might consider that beautiful I consider it arse backwards.

WTF? What truth have we not spread about companies and institutions?

You have literally thousands of kids spreading their version of the truth about the racist foundings of their colleges.

We've had months long Occupy Wall Street, protest against GMOs, Banks, Health Care, Police, White Supremacist, NRA, Abortion Clinics, the Catholic Church, Military Interventions.

Pretty much pick a topic and someone has had protests about it.

A waiting period is only going to stop one thing - crimes of passion. Someone might decide that they've had enough and person XYZ has to die. They go and buy a gun and that very afternoon it has happened.

I am no psychologist but in mass shootings the person will have a long period where they are disturbed and, in the current climate, the only obvious solution to me is better culture around schools and for mental health. A waiting period will not help. Or not having access to a gun.

Not unless a gun was already purchased prior to said crime of passion, or that the person triggered doesn't know or have access to someone else who already owns a gun.

In short?

Won't do shit but create headlines and give idiots a sense of feel good thinking they've done good, but in reality have missed the actual problem entirely.

Because you know...dealing with the MOTIVATION is entirely out of the question.

Because you know...dealing with the MOTIVATION is entirely out of the question.

I hate to repeat myself so often but people the whole world over are pretty similar and have similar motivations. America has to deal with the fact that the consequences of these motivations are some of the highest in the developed world.

At no point did I suggest that this was a solution to all of lifes problems and at no point do I intend to bother defending such a ludicrous strawman.

The videos he posted was from a news source you disagreed with

It was not a news source. It was a youtuber conspiracy theorist. He was not carded for it, he was just asked not to post conspiracy videos while a tragedy was unfolding. You know, something normal human beings naturally avoid. He refused, and posted it again. Then he went in another thread and posted it a third time. None of that earned him a yellow card, he was just reply-banned for that one thread.

His yellow card came from posting aborted fetuses, and for posting the video (or GIF?) of cars running people over.

If you think the media has focused on black kids being killed as a main focus then you are a man on an island there. I'd say you might be the only dude in here that thinks that

It has been one of the largest, ongoing topics in all media coverage for several years.

Just to point this out, so that it does not go unnoticed. You just told your second lie in this thread about how victimized you guys are by claiming that Ripskater was yellow carded for posting a right wing news source. Just a complete lie.

There is no paranoia. There are hundreds of thousands of people begging for the government to ban guns.

Canada currently has far stricter regulation than the US. They can be our canary in the coal mine. When Canada begins door-to-door confiscation I will know it's time to be worried.

What part don't you understand this time?

Is it the fact that Jefferson made the quotes about rebellion in regard to a rebellion against the US or the fact that I listed court cases spanning 100+ yrs that fall on the side of gun advocates?

Or is it another case were you get to claim something - TJ would change his stance - and don't have to provide any proof.

I just find it laughable, that you would cite cases from a hundred or two hundred years later, pretending as if Jefferson wouldn't have amended his position in some crucial ways after some of the sea changes in the American system, like after the civil war, say.

It often is.

WTF? What truth have we not spread about companies and institutions?

You have literally thousands of kids spreading their version of the truth about the racist foundings of their colleges.

We've had months long Occupy Wall Street, protest against GMOs, Banks, Health Care, Police, White Supremacist, NRA, Abortion Clinics, the Catholic Church, Military Interventions.

Pretty much pick a topic and someone has had protests about it.
th

It was not a news source. It was a youtuber conspiracy theorist. He was not carded for it, he was just asked not to post conspiracy videos while a tragedy was unfolding. You know, something normal human beings naturally avoid. He refused, and posted it again. Then he went in another thread and posted it a third time. None of that earned him a yellow card, he was just reply-banned for that one thread.

His yellow card came from posting aborted fetuses, and for posting the video (or GIF?) of cars running people over.

It has been one of the largest, ongoing topics in all media coverage for several years.

Just to point this out, so that it does not go unnoticed. You just told your second lie in this thread about how victimized you guys are by claiming that Ripskater was yellow carded for posting a right wing news source. Just a complete lie.

And you just lied again by saying the GIF showed a person getting ran over. It did not show a person ran over.

you are also continuing the lie that black kids being killed has been a main focus of the media. That's 2 lies in 1 post.

I had a PM conversation with Rip and he told me the video was from the Jones website. A shit source to be sure. But still a source.

Also there are numerous times people lump Hannity Tucker National review under Right Wing Media. Not something anyone should get worked up about. And people saying MSM shouldn't get people worked up either. I'm mean if shit like that gets you worked up we may have a problem.

Also, the FL school shooting has likely received more coverage than the last 5 years of black kids getting mowed down in the inner city streets.

I just find it laughable, that you would cite cases from a hundred or two hundred years later, pretending as if Jefferson wouldn't have amended his position in some crucial ways after some of the sea changes in the American system, like after the civil war, say.

The court cases had nothing to do with Jefferson, they were in reference to the 'right to bear arms' and the meaning of militia that you posted about. ie the courts have ruled.

Jefferson's quotes were his views about rebellions; specifically, 1 is about Shay's Rebellion against the US govt.

The court cases had nothing to do with Jefferson, they were in reference to the 'right to bear arms' and the meaning of militia that you posted about. ie the courts have ruled.

Jefferson's quotes were his views about rebellions; specifically, 1 is about Shay's Rebellion against the US govt.
<Huh2><Huh2><Huh2><Huh2>

And you just lied again by saying the GIF showed a person getting ran over. It did not show a person ran over.

Yes it did.

A
you are also continuing the lie that black kids being killed has been a main focus of the media. That's 2 lies in 1 post.

Lol. This is embarrassing.

Keep thinking real hard about this one. You'll come up with it. Actually, you probably know several of the black kids by name.

A
I had a PM conversation with Rip and he told me the video was from the Jones website. A shit source to be sure. But still a source.

A source, yes. A new source? Absolutely not. The guy who owns the site admitted under oath that he is a character actor.

It was a ludicrous conspiracy video about a tragedy that was still unfolding filled with made up stuff. That's not news, that is fantasy.

Also there are numerous times people lump Hannity Tucker National review under Right Wing Media. Not something anyone should get worked up about. And people saying MSM shouldn't get people worked up either. I'm mean if shit like that gets you worked up we may have a problem.

Hannity and Tucker are absolutely right wing media. Are you saying they aren't? How could you possibly justify that?

Back