NRA Board Member Tom King speaks out against home built guns

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
NRA Board Member and head of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Tom King, speaking out against our ability to legally make firearms for our personal collections and use. I think the bare minimum when you are paid to be a gun rights leader is to not come out in favor of gun control. Just my personal thoughts here.

]
https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/i...42hWiNCMikZFHbzOjbB2SS7QJgJHlk1SvxYIJIbDvrzvQ

The head of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association said the sale of ghost guns is a growing problem.

“These '80 percent' guns are providing a way for prohibited people to buy a firearm,” Tom King of the NYSRPA said, referring to people who don’t have a gun permit or are otherwise prohibited from possessing a gun.

He said self-assembled guns provide a way for competition shooters to make a custom-fitted firearm. Such weapons should have serial numbers and be registered — and any new legislation should consider such a provision, he said. But it appears increasingly, King said, people trying to evade the law are the ones buying and selling self-assembled weapons.

“It appears what was meant to be something for competitive shooters and serious shooters to build their own unique firearm may be turning into a criminal enterprise,” King said.

NRA Board Member and head of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Tom King, speaking out against our ability to legally make firearms for our personal collections and use. I think the bare minimum when you are paid to be a gun rights leader is to not come out in favor of gun control. Just my personal thoughts here.

]
https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/i...42hWiNCMikZFHbzOjbB2SS7QJgJHlk1SvxYIJIbDvrzvQ

The head of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association said the sale of ghost guns is a growing problem.

“These '80 percent' guns are providing a way for prohibited people to buy a firearm,” Tom King of the NYSRPA said, referring to people who don’t have a gun permit or are otherwise prohibited from possessing a gun.

He said self-assembled guns provide a way for competition shooters to make a custom-fitted firearm. Such weapons should have serial numbers and be registered — and any new legislation should consider such a provision, he said. But it appears increasingly, King said, people trying to evade the law are the ones buying and selling self-assembled weapons.

“It appears what was meant to be something for competitive shooters and serious shooters to build their own unique firearm may be turning into a criminal enterprise,” King said.

Tom King is wrong. How did somebody with such a lack of understanding about the very meaning and spirit of Liberty, make it on the NRA board?

He probably needs to go.

I've said this many times on this forum, it's nobody's business but my own if I own firearms, how many, what kind, or even where they are. That being the case, it's certainly nobody's business but my own if I decide to build a firearm in my own spare time.

Tom Serf needs to STFU.

I wonder what's more prevalent in NY. Crimes committed with 80% builds, or prohibited people failing background checks and not being arrested for lying on their form 4473.

I appreciate the NRA's increasingly strict stance on firearm legislation.

I just dont understand people who support the NRA. They have no interest in protecting gun rights

Can you name any other organization in modern history that's done more to advance gun rights that wasn't directly influenced by the NRA?

Can you name any other organization in modern history that's done more to advance gun rights that wasn't directly influenced by the NRA?

Can you name any organization in modern history that isnt influenced by the NRA?

throwing money around often doesnt make them not garbage.

not a
iu

I can name a person. Alan Gura.

Definitely not a group that helped write every major gun control law we have on the books. Or who supported Brady. Or the group that tried to kill Heller. Or that put forth the idea for nics. Or the group that guided Trump to bypass Congress and ban a piece of plastic turning 500k firearm owners into felons. Or the group that supports red flag laws. Or the group that lavishly spends millions of donations and is riddled with corruption.

I guess that depends on what side you're on but the answer from anyone without their head up their ass is Fuck No.

From 1934-2004 it was 70 years of 2A rights getting kicked in the teeth while the NRA gave ground. Hard to imagine it much worse without 'em.

Back