NRA Board Member Tom King speaks out against home built guns

I can name a person. Alan Gura.

Definitely not a group that helped write every major gun control law we have on the books. Or who supported Brady. Or the group that tried to kill Heller. Or that put forth the idea for nics. Or the group that guided Trump to bypass Congress and ban a piece of plastic turning 500k firearm owners into felons. Or the group that supports red flag laws. Or the group that lavishly spends millions of donations and is riddled with corruption.

Alan was funded by SAF in McDonald and Robert Levy in Heller who both funded and planned Heller so them as well.

SAF is under the FPC now correct? Or are they still their own thing.

no SAF is its separate organization and it run by Alan Gottelib.

FPCis run by Brandon Combs. It occasionally helps fund cases in conjunction with SAF (as well do several other organizations) but other than that has nothing to do with SAF.

IMO SAF is by far the best 2a organization in the country.

NRA Board Member and head of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Tom King, speaking out against our ability to legally make firearms for our personal collections and use. I think the bare minimum when you are paid to be a gun rights leader is to not come out in favor of gun control. Just my personal thoughts here.

]
https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/i...42hWiNCMikZFHbzOjbB2SS7QJgJHlk1SvxYIJIbDvrzvQ

The head of the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association said the sale of ghost guns is a growing problem.

“These '80 percent' guns are providing a way for prohibited people to buy a firearm,” Tom King of the NYSRPA said, referring to people who don’t have a gun permit or are otherwise prohibited from possessing a gun.

He said self-assembled guns provide a way for competition shooters to make a custom-fitted firearm. Such weapons should have serial numbers and be registered — and any new legislation should consider such a provision, he said. But it appears increasingly, King said, people trying to evade the law are the ones buying and selling self-assembled weapons.

“It appears what was meant to be something for competitive shooters and serious shooters to build their own unique firearm may be turning into a criminal enterprise,” King said.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
There’s been an article written chastising me for supposedly agreeing with NYS Legislators in their bid to ban 80% lower receivers. That article is wrong.To be clear: I do not support the banning of 80% lowers or any other firearm. Never have. Never will.
The quotes in question came from a thirty-minute Newsday interview that I conducted more than a month ago. Of course, only a couple of sentences were used from that 30 minute conversation.
I referenced a case in New York State where someone was illegally manufacturing, assembling and selling firearms – including full autos. As you know, those are illegal acts. I do not condone anyone intentionally breaking the law as I believe that only helps our opposition.
So, let me set the record straight. I oppose all registration and believe all lawful gun owners have the right to own the firearm of his or her choice whenever and where ever they choose. I believe ours is a country based on common law and the way to challenge laws we consider unconstitutional is in the voting booths and the courts, as we are doing in our U.S. Supreme Court case NYSRPA v. NYC and our Second Circuit Court of Appeals Case NYSRPA v. Beach, Cuomo et.al. We will win the battle!

In closing I would like to thank those who gave me the benefit of the doubt and called me for an explanation. I’ve spent twenty years fighting for your rights and I’m not going to throw those years away by kicking the Second Amendment under the bus at this late date.

Thank you for taking the time to read this missive.
Tom King
NYSRPA

You people don't understand yet that the NRA doesn't give a fuck about gun laws.

They care about gun sales.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
There’s been an article written chastising me for supposedly agreeing with NYS Legislators in their bid to ban 80% lower receivers. That article is wrong.To be clear: I do not support the banning of 80% lowers or any other firearm. Never have. Never will.
The quotes in question came from a thirty-minute Newsday interview that I conducted more than a month ago. Of course, only a couple of sentences were used from that 30 minute conversation.
I referenced a case in New York State where someone was illegally manufacturing, assembling and selling firearms – including full autos. As you know, those are illegal acts. I do not condone anyone intentionally breaking the law as I believe that only helps our opposition.
So, let me set the record straight. I oppose all registration and believe all lawful gun owners have the right to own the firearm of his or her choice whenever and where ever they choose. I believe ours is a country based on common law and the way to challenge laws we consider unconstitutional is in the voting booths and the courts, as we are doing in our U.S. Supreme Court case NYSRPA v. NYC and our Second Circuit Court of Appeals Case NYSRPA v. Beach, Cuomo et.al. We will win the battle!

In closing I would like to thank those who gave me the benefit of the doubt and called me for an explanation. I’ve spent twenty years fighting for your rights and I’m not going to throw those years away by kicking the Second Amendment under the bus at this late date.

Tom King
NYSRPA

Thanks, Tom. But who's Carl?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tom King
NYSRPA
"Im totally pro firearm. I think everyone should have the right to firearm. Such firearm! Very constitution! But this guy was breaking the (firearm) law!

Lawbreaking=bad!

In closing, you can have my firearms when you take them from my luke-warm hands pursuant to local legislation.

Yours,
Tom King"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back