Now that the Ligther Weight Classes matured

Because they are boring and the size of children.

Your posts on this subject are all moronic.

Most fights between 125 and 145 are incredibly fast paced, usually quite even and generally are exciting. I personally prefer those to say 170 and 185 these days.

The UFC were competely correct when they decided to implement the WEC weight classes into the UFC.

Scrap the lighter weights and make room for guys like James Thomson who is coming off a big win Friday. Amirite?

I think they should make 115,105,95,85,75,65,55,45,35,25,15, and 5 pound weight divisions. See how low guys can cut and how many people die just to hold the 65 pound world title.

Just can't get interested in all honesty.

Something interesting that I have heard casual fans say in the past. And I have heard more than one person say this.... If these divisions are so good then why did it take so long for them to get their own weight class in the UFC?

Just can't get interested in all honesty.

Something interesting that I have heard casual fans say in the past. And I have heard more than one person say this.... If these divisions are so good then why did it take so long for them to get their own weight class in the UFC?

Go look up the average human weight in North America and Europe and tell me if you can somehow make a FLW out of that. I think not.

It's simply because you don't have many 5'2-5'7 guys who pursue a career in MMA.

Your posts on this subject are all moronic.

Most fights between 125 and 145 are incredibly fast paced, usually quite even and generally are exciting. I personally prefer those to say 170 and 185 these days.

The UFC were competely correct when they decided to implement the WEC weight classes into the UFC.
I dont really enjoy watching below average sized adults compete.

no way, give me part time HW fighters in their thirties that lay on each other.

that reminds me, when is cain fighting again?

5"9 is average

Exactly. If the average height is 5'9 most dudes would be a featherweight if they would be in the same shape as a pro fighter. I used to say that it is between LW and FW, but basically every lightweight at 5'9 is way more muscular than the average dude.

obviously a dumb thread, but interestingly i would assume a general cross section of the human race would naturally fit into fw-ww, but also there was a good thread here last week about TRT and testosterone level myths, that mentioned that if you wanted to be half decent in this sport you probly needed to drill a large amount of cardio that would make muscle retention tricky for your average human in ww+, and additionally just by having a larger and tougher pool of people to compeat against fw-ww are always going to have a deeper division of talent then elsewhere, what you've seen of "maturing" today has very much been a slow buy in from WEC to UFC and other promo's, most decent fans will remember WEC aldo, bendo, pettis, cowboy putting on nutcase fights for ages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back