Now that the dust has settled....

Condit fought smart and outpointed Diaz
yep, that's basically the 'controversy', we were supposed to witness a fight for the ages, a balls out slobberknocker war, it should have been immense

'cept for Greg Jackson's school of point fighting

I misread, my bad. Jones edged it imo. First three rounds were all close. And even though Gus came on strong in the 4th, Jones turned it back his his favor with the elbow. Then the 5th was clearly his.
I'm not so sure. Myself and Adelaide Byrd had Cowboy up by 3 rounds when the ref stopped it. Absolute gift decision for McGregor.

It wasn't overly controversial. Conor clearly won the 1st. He won the 2nd by dropping Nate twice. He lost the 3rd. Clearly won the 4th. 5th coulda gone either way.

I think you just proved many a point. Full marks!!

Last edited:
Condit vs. Diaz

Ive heard there was controversy about this fight. Can anyone explain? Carlos clearly dominated.

Conor bless
It wasn't really controversial, was close but I felt Condit edged it out as much as I was hoping Nick would win.

The issue was Condits game plan. When the fight was announced I and pretty much everyone else loved it cause with their styles it seemed like a no doubter fight of the year candidate and an all but assured brutal war but instead Carlos came in and uncharacteristically fought a methodical in and out style looking to win on points instead of engaging in his usual style of doing whatever it took to get a finish.

To be fair to Carlos though he did start out looking to get the finish in the first round in a half but changed his approach in the second round when Nick started making it clear he wasn't going to win a war of attrition in the pocket.

You could clearly see Carlos come to this realization when Nick literally slapped him in the face while mocking him late in the 2nd which, by the look on Carlo's face was very demoralised at which point he smartly made the adjustment and switched to the approach that ultimately got him the win and title shot.

Diaz fans have IQ similar to the Diaz brothers...

These are the same set of people who think Jorge was the lucky one when the doc stopped the fight.

Some people just enjoy the security blanket that is stupidity.

yep, that's basically the 'controversy', we were supposed to witness a fight for the ages, a balls out slobberknocker war, it should have been immense

'cept for Greg Jackson's school of point fighting
Yeah I know, was expecting some heavy CTE, extremely annoying

Nick Diaz army! Stockton 209! Nick won via boxing him up while condit ran the entire time. Stockton!!
*Throws up middle fingers in the air *

Back