Now that Jacare can't fight for the title or against Vitor next where does he go?

Lethal_Striker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jacare said recently that he only wanted to fight for either the MW title or against Vitor Belfort. Obviously both of those options are closed up to him now so the question is who does he fight now?

I think if Mousasi beats Munoz that a Jacare vs. Mousasi fight would be a great matchup that could headline a Fight Night card sometime around September.

Rockhold is the next closest ranked guy without a fight. Would be a cool rematch to see in the UFC.

TS's suggestion about Munoz/Moose winner would be a decent match up as well.

EDIT: Fellow Missouri boy here, loving the Cardinals. Coming up to STL to see em this weekend. Good to see a fellow fan TS!

avenging that loss to Luke would probably be attractive to Jacare.

Rockhold rematch. Kind of annoying how Rockhold insists on rematching Belfort but deflects talk of a Jacare rematch saying he already beat him.

I hate rematches but Rockhold makes sense because both are rising the ranks.

Rockhold / Munoz (winner) or Moussai or Kennedy.. are options.. but still trying to wrap my head around the decision to make Sonnen / Belfort a MW #1 contender's fight... but contest it at 205... just seems silly and it is a slap in the face to the guys who are bustin their a$$ to make 185.. like Jacare..

Rockhold / Munoz (winner) or Moussai or Kennedy.. are options.. but still trying to wrap my head around the decision to make Sonnen / Belfort a MW #1 contender's fight... but contest it at 205... just seems silly and it is a slap in the face to the guys who are bustin their a$$ to make 185.. like Jacare..

ya it does feel like he's being left out in the rain. Vitor is garnering all the attention while Jacare is quietly doing his job.

alas, there is probably a comparison to that in all our jobs. it happens.

as everyone else said, Rockhold certainly makes the most sense, all things considered. it's that or waste his time on a gimme fight against a top 30er & wait for Weidman, Vitor or Machida.

it fits, frankly. title shots were never about #1 v #2; they were about ppv sales. if Vitor wins it fits the criteria.....and, sadly, if Sonnen wins it does as well

regardless of how :mad: it makes us, we may as well accept the facts as they present themselves.

Rockhold rematch. Kind of annoying how Rockhold insists on rematching Belfort but deflects talk of a Jacare rematch saying he already beat him.

Well would YOU want to rematch a guy you've already beaten if you're making a case for an eventual title shot? Rockhold's doing everything right for himself here.

Well would YOU want to rematch a guy you've already beaten if you're making a case for an eventual title shot? Rockhold's doing everything right for himself here.

ya. he tried his damndest to smack talk his way back into a bout with Vitor after getting KTFO'd. but his options are now just as limited as Jacare's.

Good question. I'd like to see him fight Kennedy more than Cuckhold.

Rockhold probably wouldn't be to keen on a rematch.

Though I doubt mousasi would mind a rematch with Jacare considering Jacare is in a much better position than Mousasi.

Jacare vs Mousasi 2 in Brazil. Co main to a ppv. Or hell of a fight night main event.

it fits, frankly. title shots were never about #1 v #2; they were about ppv sales. if Vitor wins it fits the criteria.....and, sadly, if Sonnen wins it does as well

regardless of how :mad: it makes us, we may as well accept the facts as they present themselves.

This is truth....although not entirely popular amongst true fans....definitely reality and truth.

I'm not very interested in watching Rockhold rematch either Souza or Belfort; I think he has made a statement but he still needs to prove himself in the UFC and I would like to see him face opponents he hasn't fought before.
There arent many others out there but I'd put more value in him beating Mousasi than rematching off-TRT Vitor or beating Jacare for a second time.

Even Bisping who's coming off a loss, but at least is a UFC household name I'd be happy with.

For Jacare, Tim Kenneddy.

Souza and Rockhold would make perfect sense. For both.

I don't care who Jacare fights next, as long as he gets the title shot if he wins.

I'd like to see Jacare either rematch Kennedy or maybe take a fight with Yoel Romero. Yoel doesn't have the ranking yet but its a solid fight.

Someone suggested Rockhold vs Mousasi/Munoz winner and I very much like that suggestion. The winner of those fights comes out with a pretty decent claim to a title shot and timing wise it could offer up a decent ace in the hole for the UFC should the MW title picture get muddied up by injuries down the line.

I'd like to see Jacare vs Kennedy 2

and Luke Rockhold vs Mousassi\Munoz winner

Both winners of each fight, fight each other for the next title

Back