Now that Jacare can't fight for the title or against Vitor next where does he go?

ya. he tried his damndest to smack talk his way back into a bout with Vitor after getting KTFO'd. but his options are now just as limited as Jacare's.

Come on now...if you had a choice to avenge a loss or rematch a guy you've already beaten....you'd rematch the guy you've already beaten?

Just no.

Would love to too Jacare vs Romero. BJJ vs Wrestling at its finest.

Rockhold rematch. Kind of annoying how Rockhold insists on rematching Belfort but deflects talk of a Jacare rematch saying he already beat him.

I think he is justifying it with TRT ban. Which I can sort of buy but still it is a bit hypocritical. I would like to see Moose v Jacare rematch personally.

The matchmaking in the MW division just shows how piss poor of a job Joe Silva does...

Fights should be like this:
Weidman VS Belfort for the strap
Machida VS Jacare for #1 contender
Rockhold VS Bisping winner gets Anderson Silva in his comeback fight
Tim Kennedy VS Munoz/ Moose winner
Yoel Romero VS Carmont / Dollaway winner

move up to 205 and fight Bones Jones...Chael and Vitor did. Easy title shots for 185 pounders up there. Title shots are easy

The matchmaking in the MW division just shows how piss poor of a job Joe Silva does...

Fights should be like this:
Weidman VS Belfort for the strap
Machida VS Jacare for #1 contender
Rockhold VS Bisping winner gets Anderson Silva in his comeback fight
Tim Kennedy VS Munoz/ Moose winner
Yoel Romero VS Carmont / Dollaway winner

Vitor Belfort pulled out of the Weidman fight. What the fuck is Joe Silva supposed to do about that?

Rockhold won his last fight and Bisping lost his last fight against an opponent ranked lower on the totem pole than Rockhold. Your matchmaking is horrible and have no place criticizing Joe Silva.

I'd love to see him fight Rockhold again. They have both improved since the last one.

Rockhold / Munoz (winner) or Moussai or Kennedy.. are options.. but still trying to wrap my head around the decision to make Sonnen / Belfort a MW #1 contender's fight... but contest it at 205... just seems silly and it is a slap in the face to the guys who are bustin their a$$ to make 185.. like Jacare..

I wonder has the UFC ever had a title eliminator at a different weight class before??

Sonnen getting a shot is silly but doing it at a different weight class is absurd.

I wonder has the UFC ever had a title eliminator at a different weight class before??

Sonnen getting a shot is silly but doing it at a different weight class is absurd.

Wasn't Franklin vs. Hendo a title eliminator at 205 also? Franklin vs. Belfort was another title eliminator at 195.

It`s actually amazing how many people can be entertained ( or fooled) by an average fighter, one dimensional fighter. I mean, Chael Sonnen is not elite, it`s simple.

Jacare said recently that he only wanted to fight for either the MW title or against Vitor Belfort. Obviously both of those options are closed up to him now so the question is who does he fight now?

I think if Mousasi beats Munoz that a Jacare vs. Mousasi fight would be a great matchup that could headline a Fight Night card sometime around September.

i'd like to see him fight loser Weidman/mach

don't see how a fight with moose would benefit him right now......risk isn't worth reward

Would love to too Jacare vs Romero. BJJ vs Wrestling at its finest.

lmao if it'll shut up the romero band then lets do it

jacare by sub within 1 rd......with his eyes closed.....and whatever submission he wanted

Bullshit is what it is. If Chael somehow beats Vitor he's going to get a title shot and embarass himself again.

I guess Rockhold and Jacare will fight.

Rockhold rematch. Kind of annoying how Rockhold insists on rematching Belfort but deflects talk of a Jacare rematch saying he already beat him.

He actually said he's down for a Jacare rematch because it doesn't seem like there is much else. I don't see how it's annoying. It makes total sense to chase a fight with a higher ranked fighter who beat you than a lower ranked fighter that you beat. A win over Vitor is much more valuable to him than another win over Jacare.

Wasn't Franklin vs. Hendo a title eliminator at 205 also? Franklin vs. Belfort was another title eliminator at 195.

I don't think Franklin/Belfort was a title eliminator. Vitor ended up fighting for the belt next but he was booked to fight Okami in a title eliminator before that but someone got injured so Vitor got the shot early.

Hendo/Franklin wasn't a title eliminator either. Hendo/Bisping (the next Hendo fight) was but Hendo ended up leaving the UFC after that fight.

Sonnen/Belfort MW Title eliminator at 205 is total shenanigans.

Vitor has already more then earned a title shot at 185 so if he wins I don't think that many people are upset that he's getting a title shot. But I think that people would be upset that Chael would get a title shot after only winning 1 fight and it being in another weight class over the likes of Rockhold, Jacare or even Kennedy.

Back