Now is the time for Chad Mendes to move to BW

M Raid K

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Dillashaw and Faber are waiting in the wilderness for Dominick to return to action and while a clear contender didn't emerge, Chad Mendes could rack up a couple of wins and claim the title shot himself. I mean he's not getting a third title at FW after this knockout loss to Edgar, knockout loss to McGregor and 2 losses to Aldo, so why not try in the different division?

He'd probably have a hard time making 135; he's not a small fighter for 145. Despite what Sherdog seems to think height does not equal weight; he's stocky as hell

He'd probably have a hard time making 135; he's not a small fighter for 145. Despite what Sherdog seems to think height does not equal weight; he's stocky as hell

Its possible to lose muscle mass.

Here we go again, in before he is told by the armchair trainers of Sherdog that he must change camps.

Those t rex arms aint touching Cruz

He's quite a big FW as it is. He packs a lot of muscle for his weight class, I don't see him ever making 135.

I'd love for Mendez to fight at bantam weight, if possible? IMO he'd be more then a match for Cruz. I'm not sure how brutal the cut would be for him though?

Nah he's not going to be able to cut to BW. It's time for him to retire and focus his energy on finz @ featherz since he's not going to get to the top and deep down he knows it.

http://www.finzandfeatherz.com/

bswpfYe.gif

Chad is finished. Conor took that soul.

Hope his 500k was worth it.

Good idea. Chad against Dillashaw for the next shot at Cruz. He can always move back up in the future.

Chad is still elite at FW. One win against Holloway and he's in title contention again. He has all the tools to beat Conor. I don't think a rematch with Frankie would go the same way again. IMO he should take a lot of time off, upgrade his standup and jiu jitsu and try one more time a title run in the FW division.

So he loses title hopes now it's time to retire? There are 600 fighters on the roster maybe 30 are in position to realistically fight for a title. In sports most contenders are not champions. He should stay where he is and fight and get better.

Back