Now in Sweden: one preschool conducts trial vegetarian diet experiment

Actually im not sure why people are hating on it.

Vegetables + milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, eggs and fish sounds like a pretty good/balance diet and includes a lot of protein.
Its an RT article so the story is going to be framed in such a way so as to generate maximum outrage from right wingers and TS fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Maybe you have IBS because you only eat meat and never allow your body to adjust to a more balanced diet?

<TheDonald>
I have IBS too, not because I only eat meat. I'm happy to let you rip on him but don't pass judgement on people with IBS because I will eat a bag of beans and use your bathroom.

What a stupid thing to say. How about make the diet more varied and less narrow so we don't even have to talk about it. Not sure why you are talking about banning grass.

Is yours a purely meat diet?

Or is there something you can eat besides meat, what's the big deal if they serve those things?

You can still eat meat before and after school, which is already probably equal or more than any dietician would recommend anyway.

I went through an experiment of my own, I never ate a single time in school from childhood to adulthood because I just thought the food was pure trash. Turned out fine, though, physically and mentally-speaking.

The meat in these institutions is horrendous so they're probably doing the kids a favour. If it's not good stuff, don't eat it.

I went through an experiment of my own, I never ate a single time in school from childhood to adulthood because I just thought the food was pure trash. Turned out fine, though, physically and mentally-speaking.
I am sure they had never seen a 5 years old so mature. Planning a lifelong nutrition experiment form pre-school is seriously impressive. And kudos to your parents to give you that autonomy and scientific mind.

Joke aside, quality of school lunches varies a lot (A LOT!) amongst different countries, and even within different region/towns of a country. It depends a lot on regulations and legislation, and local food culture. For obvious reasons, low regulations places using private contractors will serve dog food.

And you may prefer your own packed lunch but it's not that easy to make a balanced diet and in cold countries, people value a warm meal.

The meat in these institutions is horrendous so they're probably doing the kids a favour. If it's not good stuff, don't eat it.

Back in classes 1 to 6 food was ok

Then school changed and food went to shit and i never ate school food again except when we had sausages lol

I think its just a lot harder because American cuisine is very meat centric so most people aren't well versed in how to have a balanced diet from plant based foods. Growing up most Americans probably got their protein from meat so if you take that away from them their left trying to fill tat void with fake meat since they don't really know better.
ya, thats very true.
i mean, thats how i grew up, too.
i thought my dick would fall off, i'd grow tits, my bones would become brittle, etc. when i stopped supporting that industry. my plan was to do it for a month and then take up hunting and/or fishing when it started to kill me.
it didnt. at all.

If there's fish, it's not a vegetarian or vegan diet by any means. I hate it when people pretend fish aren't animals.
i have less problem with some fish than i do mammals.
im not saying im right, and i abstain from all of them except mussels and oysters, but i definitely perceive differences.
but ya, they are still animals, no doubt.

So your idea of a free school lunch is meat free as well. Fuckin vegan...

FWIW, fully half the lunches I had in US public schools in the 1980’s didn’t have meat. Lots of cheese pizza, spaghetti with sauce, grilled cheese, etc. Even the lasagna was vegetarian. We did have terrible meatloaf on occasion and hot dogs for special days like the last day of school. Honestly, vegetarian or literally any other type of food they put some effort into would be a step up for American schools.

Feeding kids vegtables is a fucking nightmare. Who decided this was a good idea.

Im going to go on limb here and say the kids will be healthy and the study will be a success

Im going to go on limb here and say the kids will be healthy and the study will be a success

Judging by how adult vegans usually look: Skinny with greenish pale skin without any kind of glow, I would say you really are going out on a limb.

Judging by how adult vegans usually look: Skinny with greenish pale skin without any kind of glow, I would say you really are going out on a limb.

Did the article say they would be denied meat at home as well? Must have missed it

Did the article say they would be denied meat at home as well? Must have missed it

I assume on top of that a decent parent would just give the kids some lunch to bring with them to school. So kids with good vigilant parents won't have to worry. Good point.

I assume on top of that a decent parent would just give the kids some lunch to bring with them to school. So kids with good vigilant parents won't have to worry. Good point.

Whats to worry about? Kids have to eat vegetables, oh the horror.

Good thing these kids aren't being put on a vegan diet at all, then. It's got eggs, dairy, and fish.

Raising healthier kids using more sustainable food sources that will address imminent ecological problems?

CUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG HOW BETA I'M SO MUCH MANLIER THAN THEM

The constant bashing of Sweden by Alabama hillbillies who never travel are funny, but wtf cutting meat of the diet lol

Back