• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Notting Hill Carnival: A Family Friendly Celebration of Caribbean Culture, A Rejection of Hate

Maybe its different where you're at. But here its expected to see shit like that (at least in any of the major cities).

I think it might well be different.

It's all pretty sanitized here.

I suppose this is the time to break out the 'different culture, hard to judge' thing?

It shouldn't be representative of anything, other than perverts making sexual advances toward children, you weirdo.

1000_F_306613384_tZXv9FKprdDpDYw5g40C4GRLaoPpgCaP.jpg

How I imagine you after every single post lmao

Lol u cowards have never been to the Folsom street fair and it shows. But I agree I’ve been to plenty of pride festivals and block parties and I haven’t seen anything that different from carnival or a Nicaraguan festival in terms of people getting crazy or buck dancing

You're right, I've never been to the Folsom street fair.

But I ain't no coward, sucka.

Would that be representative of pride parades, or people's fears of pride parades?

Both.

And there's where it gets complicated for people. No one's party should get canceled....but that doesn't mean everything that goes on at the party is for children .....and everything doesn't have to be child friendly ...but kids don't need to attend everything either.

If it was all just normal people who happen to be gay and rainbows most people wouldn't get upset I like to think. But we both know there's all kinds of kink and fetish going on as well ....and how could their not be it's a celebration of sexuality.

Is it OK to take a child to a pg movie ? Pg 13? R ? X? I'm pretty sure you got an age number in your head for what's appropriate for each one of those ratings. Sex and children isn't a great combo regardless if it's straight or gay. I'm confused on how strong displays of sexuality and family friendly are capable of existing at the same time

Again so we're clear. No ones thing should be shut down I'm just not sure if kids should attend certain things.

Last edited:
Both.

And there's where it gets complicated for people. No one's party should get canceled....but that doesn't mean everything that goes on at the party is for children .....and everything doesn't have to be child friendly ...but kids don't need to attend everything either.

If it was all just normal people who happen to be gay and rainbows most people wouldn't get upset I like to think. But we both know there's all kinds of kink and fetish going on as well ....and how could their not be it's a celebration of sexuality.

Is it OK to take a child to a pg movie ? Pg 13? R ? X? I'm pretty sure you got an age number in yout head for what's appropriate for each one of those ratings. Sex and children isn't a great combo regardless if it's straight or gay. I'm confused on how strong displays of sexuality and family friendly are capable of existing at the same time

Again so we're clear. No ones thing should be shut down I'm just not sure if kids should attend certain things.

I mean, if it's a public parade, nobody should be doing weird shit.

But some people are whackier than others, no?

Some people are criminals, even.

But they aren't 'the parade'.

Like you say, some things kids shouldn't see, and that's the same at any carnival, parade, or (as you say) cinema.

Guide your children towards what's appropriate. Simple as that. If they see something inappropriate, parent. Make it better.

I mean, if it's a public parade, nobody should be doing weird shit.

But some people are whackier than others, no?

Some people are criminals, even.

But they aren't 'the parade'.

Like you say, some things kids shouldn't see, and that's the same at any carnival, parade, or (as you say) cinema.

Guide your children towards what's appropriate. Simple as that. If they see something inappropriate, parent. Make it better.

You'd parent by not taking a non age appropriate child to a not age appropriate event.

Mardi Gras is awesome for example but id think a parent was out of their minds if they took their kid as this whole festival is about sexuality and drunkenness

It's not the same anywhere you might go. It's much more likely at certain things than others. If the parade is based off sexuality or fertility than it's highly likely not going to be appropriate for anyone below teenager and they likely shouldn't be there.

I have no issues with the city saying hey we are doing an adult event tonight and the police are going to turn a blind eye to certain behaviors don't bring your kids down to Detroit past x. I do however not think it's OK to call something family friendly and then allow perverts to run free doing whatever with no law enforcement due to fear of bad publicity. Keep it clean or don't call it family friendly seems very reasonable to me

You'd parent by not taking a non age appropriate child topnotch age appropriate event.

Mardi Gras is awesome for example but id think a parent was out of their minds if they took their kid as Tha is also a festival about sexuality and drunkenness

It's not the same anywhere you might go. It's much more likely at certain things than others. If the parade is based off sexuality or fertility than it's highly likely not going to be appropriate for anyone below teenager and they likely shouldn't be there.

I have no issues with the city saying hey we are doing an adult event tonight and the police are going to turn a blind eye to certain behaviors don't bring your kids down to Detroit past x. I do however not think it's OK to call something family friendly and then allow perverts to run free doing whatever with no law enforcement due to fear of bad publicity. Keep it clean or don't call it family friendly seems very reasonable to me

So you'd deprive a child of an experience because someone might do something inappropriate?

Yeah, I don't think so.

That's easy if it's a rated movie, someone's made your decision for you, but that's like saying "I wouldn't take my kid to a sports game because people fight".

That's retarded, bud.

Sorry.

So you'd deprive a child of an experience because someone might do something inappropriate?

Yeah, I don't think so.

That's easy if it's a rated movie, someone's made your decision for you, but that's like saying "I wouldn't take my kid to a sports game because people fight".

That's retarded, bud.

Sorry.

Your comparison is not a good one.

You can do lots of things without expecting to have to deal with any problems

But an event about sexuality isn't something that you should go into expecting to be clean

And not all experiences are for children.

Your comparison is not a good one.

You can do lots of things without expecting to have to deal with any problems

But an event about sexuality isn't something that you should go into expecting to be clean

And not all experiences are for children.

I admire the nature of this response, but I certainly don't agree with the content.

Pride being deemed 'sexual' rather than a celebration of self is deceptive, IMO.

Pride might be about sexual orientation specifically, but it's a celebration of people, and diversity, and not living in shame, it's not about a man ramming his cock up another man's bunghole.

It's going to be easy to say "of course pride is about sex", but that's not what the parade actually is.

Such logic is disingenuous.

People committing lewd acts (and I mean, offensive to most people) that shouldn't be witnessed by children shouldn't be doing it.

I don't see how it's a false equivalence to people (men) fighting at sports games. Like, at all. I think it's a perfect comparison.

If there are nude people say on bicycles and people waving sex toys then this parade is not for kids. Like some other parades.

If there are nude people say on bicycles and people waving sex toys then this parade is not for kids. Like some other parades.

That would be outrageous, but I wouldn't expect to see that, to be honest mate.

That would be outrageous, but I wouldn't expect to see that, to be honest mate.

A Google search will show where it happened at a recent gay pride parade.

The pictures you should are fine and nothing wrong with kids or anyone being at that. However that's not a lot of guy pride parades.

A Google search will show where it happened at a recent gay pride parade.

The pictures you should are fine and nothing wrong with kids or anyone being at that. However that's not a lot of guy pride parades.

So, brass tacks and all, this is where we get down to 'what is representative', and what isn't.

So how many pride parades are there in, say, USA and the UK alone?

I mean, thousands?

How long do those parades last? Here, it's a weekend, basically.

A dickhead with a dildo doing stupid shit and embarrassing themselves might happen, but in how many parades does that kinda nonsense happen, and for how long?

If it was 'a lot of gay pride parades' (your words), I'd have seen it. I've been to 3 and it's harmless fun, so chances are I'd have seen it at least 1 time.

So, brass tacks and all, this is where we get down to 'what is representative', and what isn't.

So how many pride parades are there in, say, USA and the UK alone?

I mean, thousands?

How long do those parades last? Here, it's a weekend, basically.

A dickhead with a dildo doing stupid shit and embarrassing themselves might happen, but in how many parades does that kinda nonsense happen, and for how long?

If it was 'a lot of gay pride parades' (your words), I'd have seen it. I've been to 3 and it's harmless fun, so chances are I'd have seen it at least 1 time.

Google it and you will see. at least in the US.

The problem is you would never know where and when because they don't police this ( the organizers) and don't but a stood to it.

So that's why you don't bring kids to any pride parade.

Google it and you will see. at least in the US.

The problem is you would never know where and when because they don't police this ( the organizers) and don't but a stood to it.

So that's why you don't bring kids to any pride parade.

Not happy with that, though.

You don't know when a crime is gonna happen, but you still take your kids to the supermarket with you.

The police also won't do anything about you losing your wallet, either.

Not happy with that, though.

You don't know when a crime is gonna happen, but you still take your kids to the supermarket with you.

The police also won't do anything about you losing your wallet, either.

You figure the odds and make you decisions based on that. When you take them to a pride parade in the US odds are part of it will not be "kid friendly ".

I admire the nature of this response, but I certainly don't agree with the content.

Pride being deemed 'sexual' rather than a celebration of self is deceptive, IMO.

Pride might be about sexual orientation specifically, but it's a celebration of people, and diversity, and not living in shame, it's not about a man ramming his cock up another man's bunghole.

It's going to be easy to say "of course pride is about sex", but that's not what the parade actually is.

Such logic is disingenuous.

People committing lewd acts (and I mean, offensive to most people) that shouldn't be witnessed by children shouldn't be doing it.

I don't see how it's a false equivalence to people (men) fighting at sports games. Like, at all. I think it's a perfect comparison.

It's a bad comparison because I have a reasonable expectation that I can take my kid to a hockey game without something sexuality inappropriate happening . Remember I'm American where violence is no big deal but nudity and sex is still to this day edgy. I do not think fighting and sex compare at all.

Where as if you take your kid to something based on sex it would be insane to think that something sexually provocative isn't going to happen . And I'm telling you it's OK for the sexual shit to happen and for people to do their thing. But it's not OK for kids to be there for it.

I don't have any problems with the gays , but just the same their sexuality is what they are celebrating, and the diversity represented is that they are into sex normies aren't into and that its OK to be that way.

I'm not being disingenuous at all. I brought up Mardi for a reason here. It's not the gay sex that I think is inappropriate it's sex and children is inappropriate period.

Try this comparison. I love the insane clown posse and white trash culture....but I would deny my child the experience of going to the gathering not because i think what icp stands for is degenerate but because the atmosphere is permissive to vulgar displays of all kinds of sexual behavior and drug use and that makes for an environment that is not child friendly.

Fighting and vulgar displays of sexuality are not created equal nor are the conversations your going to have with said child explaining said behaviors. I can explain to a child why 2 retards are fighting in a way that is understandable and does not make me have to open the door to all kinds of non child appropriate things however you aren't explaining a dude in a dog bondage suit and all kinds of dildos to a child without having to tell them all kinds of shit that is not appropriate for them to be thinking about yet.

I'm sorry gays were mistreated in the past and they shouldn't have to live in the closet and it's important for kids to know that it's OK to love whoever ya want . But sex of all sorts is just not appropriate for kids to be thinking and talking about on anything other than a super basic level.

You figure the odds and make you decisions based on that. When you take them to a pride parade in the US odds are part of it will not be "kid friendly ".

You know what, I'd be lying if I assumed it would be exactly the same in the US, so I won't bother being disingenuous with you.

The US seems to be a bit more flamboyant in general, bigger, louder, more polarised.

So yeah.

Fair point, there.

But I'd still take my teenager, and let the younger ones decide for themselves probably.

Back