Not Wearing A Jock?

GracieStudent

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i don't wear a jock and i noticed that when i roll with people who do wear jocks i get nailed in the berries a lot more often. can it hurt you to not wear one when trying to get dominant position? cuz it seems like the guys who wear them seem to be a lot more aggressive in that area..

I'm definately going to be getting a jock soon. Armbars and halfguards can be quite painful without one.

For about six months I didn't use one, but my club just started MMA classses so I use one now.

I use it in BJJ now, not really a difference except my balls don't go numb after drilling armbars.

I dont wear one, and i dont like guys who do wear one.
If guys wore it solely for protection thats one thing.. But every single guy who puts one on uses as a weapon. When they get to your back they push their pelvis forward digging the cup into your back.
When they get armbars they are not concious of the difference in height.. causing more injurys.

I havent been hit in the junk once.. in bjj.. in over a year. Unless your doing striking.. you dont need it.
Man up and quit being pussys.. Protective gear is unneccesary in bjj. Unless your injured.

I got a wicked knee in the left nut. Thankfully, my weiner stepped in the way and took one for the team. The nut was fine, buy my head was purple the next day.

I still don't wear a cup. It is too restrictive.

I don't like to wear one for Sambo. I find it really uncomfortable.

I do, however, wear a mouthguard. I have a porcelain cap on a tooth from falling off my bike as a kid. An unintentional elbow can break the darn thinga and then I have to go back to the dentist. That can get a bit spendy...

;)

I never wear a cup, and my dick and nuts NEVER hut from armbars, or from any kind of guard. YOu may take a shot here and there, but so what.

My dick is pretty big though, so maybe it acts like a shield.

I've never worn a cup, but I keep having "close calls" so I just bought a Shock Dr flex cup. I thought a flex cup would be more comforatble, but it doesnt feel any better than the old Bike cups we used in sports as kids. I still haven't worn it in training yet.

I had another real close call the other day on bottom in backmount drills. The guy had his hooks in with me face down. When he extended hios hips to collapse me, I went down & my junk ended up crammed right between the guys feet. Not a good feeling.

I am gonna try a pair of compression shorts, at least those will keep it in place.

I'm starting judo pretty soon, and was wondering if I should wear a cup. I'm not sure, but since the class is through a college we may be required for insurance reasons.

Nobody in my judo class wears cups, I never have. I asked when I started, because many guys in my BJJ class do. They all looked at me like it was a ridiulous question.

The only times I've ever been grazed in judo is when you take a thow on your side & your legs come down hard together. We never do half guard drills or anything with a high risk of nut shots in judo

yea when i was rolling with this guy he straight kneed me in the nuts and i even let out kind of a grunt like ow. the SOB didn't even acknowledge it or apologize, which is what i thought was coming next. that's cool though it taught me i do have iron balls. just feel sorry for him cuz when i get a little better i gunnin for his ass..

Gsoares2 said:
I dont wear one, and i dont like guys who do wear one.
If guys wore it solely for protection thats one thing.. But every single guy who puts one on uses as a weapon. When they get to your back they push their pelvis forward digging the cup into your back.
When they get armbars they are not concious of the difference in height.. causing more injurys.

I havent been hit in the junk once.. in bjj.. in over a year. Unless your doing striking.. you dont need it.
Man up and quit being pussys.. Protective gear is unneccesary in bjj. Unless your injured.
thats pretty fucking stupid. i've had my balls squashed by people's knees on failed guard passing attempts or takedowns.
accidents happen and they hurt like fucking hell. it only happened once to me and then i bought the damn cup. so please, don't tell me how it doesn't happen in bjj, especially to beginners who make mistakes.

and there's no manning up to be done about being hit in them balls.

randomg1t said:

kinda sounds quite the opposite as a matter of fact.. like.. "I

randomg1t said:
thats pretty fucking stupid. i've had my balls squashed by people's knees on failed guard passing attempts or takedowns.
accidents happen and they hurt like fucking hell. it only happened once to me and then i bought the damn cup. so please, don't tell me how it doesn't happen in bjj, especially to beginners who make mistakes.

Like i said man up pussys.

Maybe you should wear a helmet and face mask too.. I think it would help for the accidental knees, and when your thrown so that you dont hurt your head.
Maybe some wrist pads too for when you post.
Maybe some knee pads as well for when your sitting on your knees in guard.
Possibly some elbow pads for when your in turtle position.

You should drop martial arts and pick up rollerblading.. they love pads.
rollerblader.jpg

hey wait are we talking about the same sport? BJJ oh yeah thats right YOU DONT NEED ANY FUCKING PADS YOU PUSSY.

I've never hada pure BJJ class, its always been an MMA class, meaning we doa lot of GnP techniques.

Even without the striking I would never dream of rolling withouth a cup, I like my man-berries too much.

I have been wearing one lately and I find it confidence inspiring. Not having to worry about getting kneed or elbowed in the nuts frees me up and makes rolling and drilling more fun. I think I'm converted - I have never worn a cup or jock in the past.

Pinecone

triso said:
I never wear a cup, and my dick and nuts NEVER hut from armbars, or from any kind of guard. YOu may take a shot here and there, but so what.

My dick is pretty big though, so maybe it acts like a shield.
source?

Call me a pussy all you want but I think you guys are fucking dumb for not protecting your junk. Accidents happen, yeah so what if it ends up being only once a year, that's one too many because a severe groin strike can leave you hurting for days. I got kneed in the balls a lot and was sick and tired of it so I bought a cup (Nice ass XO cup, conforms with me, soft-gel siding, not restrictive at all). Now I never have to worry about it at all.

Protect your junk, nothing is pussy about protecting such an exposed organ.

i went into class one day and asked one of my black belt instructors if i should wear a cup and mouth guard and he replied "i don't". so i kinda just felt like maybe the guys with the jocks mouthpiece and ear protectors weren't really soldiering as much. but time will tell, maybe i'll be singing a different song next month..

I wear one in bjj. I guess it's personal preference. I was nailed in the nuts several times before I decided to start wearing one and have never looked back since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greshmedic
Back