Not rooting for your hometown team

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I always think it's kind of shady to not root for your hometown team. I'm from New England, but moved to Florida a long time ago. I'm a diehard New England fan though. I hate teams from Florida.

Some people just seem to pick teams that are good teams when they're growing up and I think that's pretty lame.

Stick to your hometown team.

What do you guys think?

or you could just do what you prefer, and not try to attach some stupid ethical high ground to it.

Born and raised in Chicago, always been a Colts fan. Otherwise I'm all Chicago sports. Except the white sux

Now you can watch any team and it doesn't matter as much if they're local.

That said I'm also all local new england teams...just easier to follow.

And our teams either win and are universally hated or absolutely suck in vicious fashion...it's fun either way

I’m from SC. I’m a lions fan, Panthers we’re not around when I picked up the lions. But a lot of my buddies like the Panthers and their original team which I find lame

Born and raised in Chicago, always been a Colts fan. Otherwise I'm all Chicago sports. Except the white sux
1st have of that post makes me want to call you a cunt, but the 2nd part makes me want to give you a hug

Grew up in WA, dad from Minnesota pre-Vikings

Go Pack Go
Go Mariners and Red Sox cause FUCK THE YANKEES
GO Bruins cause I ain’t cheering for no syrup chugging team from Canuckistan
Fuck the NBA

I always think it's kind of shady to not root for your hometown team. I'm from New England, but moved to Florida a long time ago. I'm a diehard New England fan though. I hate teams from Florida.

Some people just seem to pick teams that are good teams when they're growing up and I think that's pretty lame.

What do you guys think?

You jumped on the pats bandwagon and claim you’ve always liked them because you’re from there. Might even have a childhood photo wearing pats gear.

Still not buying it. Just admit it, you bandwagon piece of shit.

I’ve only been a fan of San Diego teams, because that’s where I’m born and raised. It hasn’t been easy... lemme tell ya

You jumped on the pats bandwagon and claim you’ve always liked them because you’re from there. Might even have a childhood photo wearing pats gear.

Still not buying it. Just admit it, you bandwagon piece of shit.

I've been a Pats fan since before you were even a single cell, bitch.

I used to root for my home town team...

giphy.gif

I’ve only been a fan of San Diego teams, because that’s where I’m born and raised. It hasn’t been easy... lemme tell ya
I can honestly say that I've become a Padres fan since moving here. Cubbies will always be number one in my book, but I still follow and pull for the Pads now.

Which reminds me, I need to buy ticked for the Cubs/Pads series in May.

What do you guys think?
As a Sacramento fan who has had to endure an endless stream of purple & gold jerseys since I was a kid, hell yes. It's a form of Stockholm Syndrome.

The weak fall prey to winning bandwagons, and of course the larger markets are able to generate more wins. When small market fans buy their shit it only compounds their natural advantage. I can't stand it.

I always have been and always will be a Boston sports fan. I don't get rooting for out of town teams unless you live in an area without pro teams or you root for your dad's hometown team(s) or something.

I don't have a pro sports team in my city so I can root for whatever team I want.

LAS VEGAS Raiders
CHARLOTTE Hornets
SAN FRANCISCO Giants
NEW JERSEY Devils

I don't have a pro sports team in my city so I can root for whatever team I want.

LAS VEGAS Raiders
CHARLOTTE Hornets
SAN FRANCISCO Giants
NEW JERSEY Devils
Most of us don't, but most of us live near to a professional sports franchise for each sport. That's your "hometown" team.

Most of us don't, but most of us live near to a professional sports franchise for each sport. That's your "hometown" team.
Are you All In on the Republic FC?

So just out of interest what happens if your local team moves?
If you were from the Bay Area were you still a Raider when they went to LA and will you still be one when they move to Vegas.
Do people from Cleveland support the Baltimore Raiders or the new franchise Cleveland Browns or are they fans of the original Cleveland franchise the Rams?

It's not really a concept that I get. I can only think of one time it's happened here when Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes 50 miles away, that probably wouldn't even count as a move in the US.

Back