Not my best work. [pics]

Nice pics, I know taking shoots indoors at a tournament is very difficult due to the lighting. You need a very fast lens and those are not cheap.

You got some cool shots though, keep it up!

What kind of camera do you use? I would suggest tweaking your shutter speed if possible for taking sports shots, so the moving parts don't seem blurry.

What kind of camera do you use? I would suggest tweaking your shutter speed if possible for taking sports shots, so the moving parts don't seem blurry.

I was shooting at 1/125, using my 55-200mm f/4 (Sony a330 btw, entry-level body)

Anything faster and the lighting was just too terrible. I had the ISO cranked, aperture as good as it would get.

Here's a shot with my 18-55 at f/3.5 where I was able to control the lighting, no flash(notice the blur on the foot - we kept that as, well, he's being thrown~)

uchimata.jpg

I'm looking at an f/1.4 for my main 18-55, but the way the tournament was set up I had to use my telephoto.

Mind you since I'm not shooting for print, I could probably use the 18-55 and just crop lol ;p

one shameless bump for the evening crowd before I head for dinner/training/etc.

White belts, atama gi
tumblr_l4rao08b0Y1qa59qwo1_1280.jpg

This sub intrigued me! pretty cool. :wink:

I think those are actually blue belts. I was there, and the guy finishing is (I think) my team mate, a blue belt. The guy on bottom had forgotten his belt or something like that. I'm fairly certain it's my team mate. Mundial 7 + Redstar pants.

The finish was just a strange variation of a Bow and Arrow. He was up a lot of points and just wanted to finish. I was filming.

Unfortunately I didn't catch the beginning of the sequence, just that and two other parts (was considering a gif lol)

If I remember right it started from butterfly, not from standing.

Frank stood after opening guard and was swept almost instantly. Frank was the one that was playing a lot of butterfly guard after getting swept (and recovering guard from mount).

I think those are actually blue belts. I was there, and the guy finishing is (I think) my team mate, a blue belt. The guy on bottom had forgotten his belt or something like that. I'm fairly certain it's my team mate. Mundial 7 + Redstar pants.

The finish was just a strange variation of a Bow and Arrow. He was up a lot of points and just wanted to finish. I was filming.

Thanks for clarifying, I just double checked, and yeah. They're actually the same pair as here I believe:
tumblr_l4ram8ZQ7q1qa59qwo1_1280.jpg

I have a couple more shots of that match, blue belts clearly visible. Lost track while I was labelling them I guess.

Yup. I remember that match. I play a lot of DLR guard so my team mate was prepared :D

Was actually a good hour drive for us, lol. We're from Hamilton. My ear was the size of a grapefruit (may be exaggerating slightly) so I just snapped pics :/

Looking to do that GQ in London though...October I think; saw the flyers at this tourney lol.

I was just snapping pictures of whoever was interesting. No particular interest in a certain gym/etc.

We seem to have a lot of GTA grapplers though; should do a sherdog meetup...believe Bullshido does something similar.

Those are awesome.

If you saw Frank's face after the superfight, you would have seen it was call cut up from defending choke attempts.

6 images per post....I have 3 posts worth of superfight pics; upping them now

ya, our gym tends to have a lot of competitors at all local tournys, i thought maybe you trained with us too

Nah. What school? Can see if I have any more pics :p

Also MUFC, is Frank from Hawaii? Caught his accent and I swear he sounds like BJ Penn or Brad Tavares some of the time lol :p

Back