Not Interested in a Cain vs Dos Santos Rematch!

What I mean by Fluke is that, if Cigano didnt had the biggest fight IQ brain fart of his life, Cain would be part of the bloody canvas again

So much butthurt in this thread :icon_lol: Just admit that JDS got his face rearranged and everything will be ok!

What I mean by Fluke is that, if Cigano didnt had the biggest fight IQ brain fart of his life, Cain would be part of the bloody canvas again

How did he have the biggest "fight IQ brain fart" in that fight? What did he do so wrong?
We're not talking Alan Belcher choosing to grapple with Okami brain fart here, he just got dominated.

How did he have the biggest "fight IQ brain fart" in that fight? What did he do so wrong?
We're not talking Alan Belcher choosing to grapple with Okami brain fart here, he just got dominated.

Cigano's grappling is as good as Cain's or better, he should not have focused so much on not getting taken down since he has such a mastery of getting up

Instead he should have focused on getting his hands up and attacking with knees when cain shoots.

He should have been much more aggressive, and made Cain back up afraid from his power, instead he just walked backwards until he was cornered against the cage and let cain throw huge bombs on him.

Seriously no interest at all at this point.

Dos Santos looked like he was in over his head within 3 minutes of the 1st round. The quickness with which he tired was shocking and the level of talent Valesquez showed was so superior to anything we've seen from Dos Santos that there should be no talk of a rematch anytime in the near future.

Cain made Junior look like an amateur and somehow made the Champion look as though he didnt deserve to be in the ring with the Challenger.

Dos Santo should not be worried about a rematch until he works to correct the major flaws in his cardio and wrestling. Those 2 should be his focus going forward not a rematch because without proper focus on those 2 he will never beat Cain again.

I was rooting for Dos Santos always will but we have to be honest, Cain is light years ahead of Dos Santos at this point.

I agree with you TS.
I think Cain is on another level, of course he was knocked out in their first fight, Im not saying it was a lucky punch, but I dont think Cain would ever be caught by that again, hes stepped into a new league

I don't want an instant rematch but I'd definitely want to see them fight again.

JDS needs to get a title shot as soon as possible.

I agree with you TS.
I think Cain is on another level, of course he was knocked out in their first fight, Im not saying it was a lucky punch, but I dont think Cain would ever be caught by that again, hes stepped into a new league

New league? wtf?

lol it was 12 months ago.. relax..

Cain hasn't reached some god like status.. he's not Jesus after death, calm down.

Only Cain fans still having nightmares about the first fight would not want the rubber match...

Junior's wrestling is good enough already.

Both fight ended with one punch. Cain went to sleep and JDS turned into a zombie.

BUT, as a zombie, JDS still managed to pull wonderfull TDD.

TS says JDS gassed, guess what, Cain did too.

In their next match, a more mature JDS with striking defense and willing to use more knees in the clinch would be a huge threat to Cain.

Would be interesting. But i doubt they will ever fight again. After Overeem beats bigfoot he will fight Cain. Overeem has been around 10 years with multiple kick boxing and Heavyweight titles. I see Cain getting knocked out senseless in the first round. Then overeem will fight Dos santos and do the same thing. ... Only hope to beat Overeem is Cormier and he hasnt really beat anyone except Barnett.

this is what irritates me the most as an american, Cain is an american!! yet disrespects america claiming the whole mexico thing while carrying the mexican flag...being an american is what gave him & his family the opportunities he has gotten to be where he is today...

I'm Mexican and irritates me to, I mean we are not stupids Cain is an American...
but I also understand that's how bussiness works, and is working, UFC is getting into more mexican fans because of Cain

Are you the same smart ass that said "JDS vs Cain II will be the same as first match"

Beacuse, I can see you saying "JDS vs Cain III will be the same as second match" at the moment.

I remember a lot of people were saying that these two are the next CC and Fedor

Cain is receiving all the help the UFC can give him in terms of timing since hes to mexico what bisping is to england

IMHO hes nothing but a well timed fluke

A HW bisping, but with a lot more luck

Not sure if trolling or extremely stupid.

** Rubber match

and you will see them fight again, it's just a matter of when. How often are two world class champs 1-1 vs each other? It doesnt happen often and the UFC can make serious dough ray me off this match.

On that note, I'd like to see Shogun/Machida 3

I'm Mexican and irritates me to, I mean we are not stupids Cain is an American...
but I also understand that's how bussiness works, and is working, UFC is getting into more mexican fans because of Cain

Porque te irritaria que Cain proclame su lado Mexicano? Su papa es un imigrante Mexicano y la familia de su mama solo tenia una generacion de haber nacido en los Estados Unidos. En otras palabras, Cain no tiene nada de gringo, jaja.

Mis padres me criaron aqui (U.S.) tambien. Tengo dos maestrias universitarias y enseno classes de goviermo Americano pero al igual que ellos naci en Mexico. Yo no dejo de ser Mexicano porque me crie aqui y recibi mis estudios aqui.

Btw, is that your booty? It looks hispanic lol.

Junior did what he what he always does in his fights: get back up after getting taken down and create distance. If he had a brain fart on Saturday, then it's part of one massive one that he's been having his entire career. We've seen Junior slow down before when he doesn't put guys out early (Nelson and Carwin) too. I thought that he should have gone after Cain after some of those initial shots, which were really sloppy, but that would have been out of character for him.

New league? wtf?

lol it was 12 months ago.. relax..

Cain hasn't reached some god like status.. he's not Jesus after death, calm down.

Lol. I hear you man. I know it sounds crazy. But after seeing him smash Bigfoot he looked like he was on a new man on a mission.
Just my opinion, his next few fights will determine.

Back