Not in our city!!

you think people trying to give negative energy to stuff is ok?

i dont mind people having an opinion, that is fine, but dont try and march down the road with your opinion in a road that is completely against that, that is going to get you into trouble

i just despise people who think they should be allowed to 'dislike' anything(heh, you going to say im being contradictory here), but disliking people regardless of anything is a disgrace..and i disagree with that!!(see above..or on the same line perhaps)

i guess i just have a real big problem with people disliking other people for irrational reasons

Does not liking what people you've never met have to say qualify? I don't think you get it. What if someone finds the parades where gays prance down the street in assless pants to techno music offensive? Should those be outlawed, or do they need to consult you before deciding what's offensive? You get rid of shitty opinions by proving them wrong, not demanding that they shut up.

No, not at all. I don't even think the US is one of the most free countries in the world. Not by a fairly wide margin. But I do think the freedom of speech and the freedom of thought are innate in humanity and no govt. anywhere in the world should be able to take that from them.

Not because it's an American ideal. Because it's a human ideal.

In execution over seas I don't care all that much though. I won't be going to England to march for free speech. I'm not OK with US intervention to bring democracy or freedom to the downtrodden people of... where ever.

I will say something if I see an idea that's stupid trying to perpetuate itself though.

No it just fits in cases of govt. authoritarianism. Is there a better word that I'm not using?

Your just way to extreme on this, what if there was to be a nation wide vote to abolish these individuals rights to spread hate in this manner? Would that be fascist , democratic or Anarcist? There is middle ground on topics like this if 99.9% of the population agree on taking away this one right

No, not at all. I don't even think the US is one of the most free countries in the world. Not by a fairly wide margin. But I do think the freedom of speech and the freedom of thought are innate in humanity and no govt. anywhere in the world should be able to take that from them.

Not because it's an American ideal. Because it's a human ideal.

In execution over seas I don't care all that much though. I won't be going to England to march for free speech. I'm not OK with US intervention to bring democracy or freedom to the downtrodden people of... where ever.

I will say something if I see an idea that's stupid trying to perpetuate itself though.

No it just fits in cases of govt. authoritarianism. Is there a better word that I'm not using?

The "idea" isnt stupid, you THINK its stupid. Lets play by your own rules, captain free speech.

The "idea" isnt stupid, you THINK its stupid. Lets play by your own rules, captain free speech.

I am I have the right to call it stupid. I have the right to point out why. I have.

You just can't hang with me so you are trying name calling, pointing out that I'm American, and how Americans are fat... and whatever other side track you can. That's fine, I get it.

Your just way to extreme on this, what if there was to be a nation wide vote to abolish these individuals rights to spread hate in this manner? Would that be fascist , democratic or Anarcist? There is middle ground on topics like this if 99.9% of the population agree on taking away this one right

A vote would at least be democratic. I am WAY more concerned with the soft stripping of our rights that's going on world wide. No votes, no debate, just a govt. mandate handed down.

Granted I see it way more in the US, but it's a constant, growing pattern. In the US we have NSA surveillance programs that rolled out quietly without public knowledge and operated that way for years. No votes, no iron fisted tyranny, just a soft, quiet rollout. We lost our right to due process to a "patriot act" in the states. The law was passed before the media or the public could even review it's contents. Stop and frisk laws in New York City violated the US constitution and were measurably racially biased, and continued for years under the guise of protection. No one complained because black teenage boys don't have a political voice.

Fascism isn't goose stepping any more. It's quiet. It's small. Nickles and dimes. Baby steps. You don't even see it happening. It happens when the media congratulates the people for turning on free speech, or the right to assemble and the people cheer for it.

If you don't see that, I get it. It's subtle. But seriously, give this stuff some really critical thought.

you think people trying to give negative energy to stuff is ok?

i dont mind people having an opinion, that is fine, but dont try and march down the road with your opinion in a road that is completely against that, that is going to get you into trouble

i just despise people who think they should be allowed to 'dislike' anything(heh, you going to say im being contradictory here), but disliking people regardless of anything is a disgrace..and i disagree with that!!(see above..or on the same line perhaps)

i guess i just have a real big problem with people disliking other people for irrational reasons

Treelo, what/why were they planning on marching? What are they upset about?

you are just an anti white racist, you cant call people scum if you are the scum in the first place

I am I have the right to call it stupid. I have the right to point out why. I have.

You just can't hang with me so you are trying name calling, pointing out that I'm American, and how Americans are fat... and whatever other side track you can. That's fine, I get it.

You seem to be a tad bit sensitive, everything ok? All i see is you spewing your "opinion" while trying to down play others with passive aggressiveness, because "free speech and freedoms". What actually is your point, besides your knowledge and opinions are superior to everyone elses, therefore nobody can "hang"?

You don't get to draw the line on other people freedoms. It's their right to be monsters as long as they don't physically harm anyone in the process or break any other laws.

If you don't think hate speech can physically harm anyone, you may want to brush up on your neuroendocrinology. Despite that, I'm generally inclined to agree with you. I don't want governments making decisions about what is and isn't okay to say. I think people should have the right to express their ideologies, however misguided, and generally that it should be those ideologies, rather than the people expressing them, that we condemn.

But as far as I can tell, denying their freedom of expression is not really what happened here. The details are a bit fuzzy from what I saw and that page wants to load all these videos that want to eat up my bandwidth, so feel free to correct. However, it sounds like what happened is that their protest sparked a much bigger counter protest, with a much larger group of people exercising their freedom of expression much more loudly, and the "monsters" realized they were inadvertently sparking a massive show of support for the opposition, so they tucked their tails and fled. That seems to me to be exactly how hate speech should be handled. Was there an actual threat of violence, or was concern just expressed? If the latter, I have no problem with what happened - quite the opposite.

Lol @ the Europeans in this thread bashing the right to free speech. Jesus no wonder half of them are still subjects to a monarch and not citizens of a nation.

i know its not america but
Voltaire never said that. It was Evelyn Beatrice Hall who wrote it as a summation of Voltaire's beliefs.

That being said, it is a great saying and I agree.

Treelo, what/why were they planning on marching? What are they upset about?

National Action also wants to reintroduce Section 28, which prohibited the teaching of homosexuality in schools.[1][2] On immigration, "Tom" says "With coloured people we'd say big no to them coming over. But with [white people] we'd be a bit more lenient"

Ironically I guarantee you that most of the people publicly up in arms about that march wouldn't bat an eyelid if there was some kind of pro-ISIS march.

As with most liberals - All for freedom of speech as long as it's something they agree with.

people can have opinions, and can feel exactly how they want about things, but trying to impose that on others by marching through a city that embraces culture, is not a good thing

and yes, i do believe in stifling free speech, scumbags and idiots do not deserve an opinion that should be heard IMO

much like preachers of hate, they should be stopped if what they are trying to achieve is hateful to others

I believe people like you should be rounded up and shot. What a stupid point of view.

Edit: I believe you should still be able to voice your fucktarded opinion. I just think you should be dead. Also, I want your killers to be private citizens. I'm against out of control governments, you see.

So far this year one national action member has been sent down for mudering a teenage girl and another was sent down for trying to behead a Indian man in a shopping centre. They had threatened violence in Liverpool and got what they deserve. Fuck them. Well done liverpool

So far this year one national action member has been sent down for mudering a teenage girl and another was sent down for trying to behead a Indian man in a shopping centre. They had threatened violence in Liverpool and got what they deserve. Fuck them. Well done liverpool

So... 2 people?

Care to view the statistics regarding crimes performed by immigrants, or would that disrupt your rose tinted air headed world view?

I see this thread being moved to the War Room in the near future.

Also, anyone who's for stifling free speech is beyond retarded.

So... 2 people?

Care to view the statistics regarding crimes performed by immigrants, or would that disrupt your rose tinted air headed world view?

Feel free to post them.

Also 2 is a large number in 7 months considering they have never brought more then 100 out. They are two high profile cases, I didn't bother mentioning other convictions or the fact they were fighting amoungst themselves only last month

Back