Not in our city!!

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by treelo, Aug 15, 2015.

1. treelo

treelo //Do something here

2. Ehrmantraut

Ehrmantraut Real American Platinum Member

Pretty sure that city is scum

3. zackryder

zackryder Long Island Iced Z Platinum Member

wat the hells the white man march? is that like the kkk but for europeans? caption says anti fascist marches in liverpool so its a fascist movement?

4. treelo

i'd like you to come and say that, much like the dirty bastards who were going to try today

gutless

5. treelo

there was a planned 'White mans march', but a LOT of people turned up to oppose it, its just pretty poor reporting

6. zackryder

i know its not america but

7. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

Just because someone is wrong, or a scumbag, doesn't mean you should stifle their free speech. It's sad that people celebrate the limitations that the government puts on their rights.

As long as the worst people are still afforded their freedoms, the rest of us will always be safe.

8. treelo

people can have opinions, and can feel exactly how they want about things, but trying to impose that on others by marching through a city that embraces culture, is not a good thing

and yes, i do believe in stifling free speech, scumbags and idiots do not deserve an opinion that should be heard IMO

much like preachers of hate, they should be stopped if what they are trying to achieve is hateful to others

9. zackryder

dam fascist!

10. livingdeadmoose

livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

As long as it's not inciting violence or riots, peiple have the right to hate speech. People have the right to hate speech.

11. greygoose

greygoose Brown Belt

YNWA, right? =D

12. ajwbjj87

ajwbjj87 Black Belt

I draw the line at the God hates ***s people protesting at kids funerals, that's just plain retarded and if it takes the government to take away that little smudge of your "freedom" then so be it , or make it legal to shoot them on sight

13. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

Ok, so you are a fascist. You should start posts on political opinion with that. It will help to determine how the rest of the post should be interpreted.

Something like:
    That will keep us freedom loving hippies from derailing your threads by trying to figure out why you think that's a good thing.

14. treelo

you think people trying to give negative energy to stuff is ok?

i dont mind people having an opinion, that is fine, but dont try and march down the road with your opinion in a road that is completely against that, that is going to get you into trouble

i just despise people who think they should be allowed to 'dislike' anything(heh, you going to say im being contradictory here), but disliking people regardless of anything is a disgrace..and i disagree with that!!(see above..or on the same line perhaps)

i guess i just have a real big problem with people disliking other people for irrational reasons

15. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

You don't get to draw the line on other people freedoms. It's their right to be monsters as long as they don't physically harm anyone in the process or break any other laws.

Fortunately for you, there are lot of less free places to live. Although fascism and state sensorship are typically right wing ideologies and most of those places probably wouldn't take kindly to your left wing beliefs on god and his opinion of homosexuality. According to this article however England does seem to be experiencing a left wing brand of fascism you might enjoy.

16. aldenton

aldenton Blue Belt

Ahhh yes, the good ol' "what takes place in muh US of A is the best option for all other walks of life anywhere ever" rhetoric. Well done. We will have the rest of the world fat as absolute shit off of hamburgers and french fries in no time!

17. ajwbjj87

ajwbjj87 Black Belt

You like the fascist word to much I'm assuming you just finished reading a book about Hitler.

18. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

Define OK? Do I think it's nice? No. Would I attend their ralley, or enjoy it's presence in my neighborhood or city? No. Do I think that I, or you, or the Queen of England herself have any authority or right to tell them that their ideas are unacceptable for public consumption? No... because if that was a right that the people or the govt. could claim Martin Luther King wouldn't have been able to march. It's a pendulum it swings both ways and in the end the best ideas win over the majority.

So again, no Martin Luther King? No Mahatma Gandhi? No feminist movement, War protests, or gay pride parades? In fact, no parades at all... they tend to carry a message heavy with nationalistic and pro community undertones. You'll pass on the right of people to express ideas in public.

Me too! I have a huge problem with that. I just wouldn't dream of having the right to control their right to that obscene opinion. If I did, I don't think I'd know where to draw the line. What other rights of theirs do I have the authority to take from them?

All in all I'd rather they be disgusting human beings than I become one by trying to stop them.

19. INeedARemedy

INeedARemedy GOAT

AFN doesn't fucks around

20. jx820

jx820 Red Belt

No, not at all. I don't even think the US is one of the most free countries in the world. Not by a fairly wide margin. But I do think the freedom of speech and the freedom of thought are innate in humanity and no govt. anywhere in the world should be able to take that from them.

Not because it's an American ideal. Because it's a human ideal.

In execution over seas I don't care all that much though. I won't be going to England to march for free speech. I'm not OK with US intervention to bring democracy or freedom to the downtrodden people of... where ever.

I will say something if I see an idea that's stupid trying to perpetuate itself though.

No it just fits in cases of govt. authoritarianism. Is there a better word that I'm not using?